Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

(also if no single person is contributing as much they're less likely to be targeted next).

i know you don't want to say exactly what happened, but when you're saying things like this, it seems reasonable that people should know what they're signing up for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i always found pettyfest to be pathetic. there's only so many ways you can say that a terf is a loser before it becomes as boring and repetitive as the comic itself, and it never reached the heights of cum garrison edits. i can't say for sure that all of the redditors who make it have better things to do with their time, but surely some of them do

as for sinfest itself, it's about as vile as garrison and a little bit less annoying than prickly city or ted rall. i don't particularly care if it stays or goes, but i can't say it doesn't fit in with the rest of the trash in this thread

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

churchill should be eternally grateful for hitler, because without hitler he wouldn't have anyone to be compared favorably with. ben is likely also grateful for hitler but for a much more straightforward reason

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

rydiafan posted:

Sinfest made me so angry last year my egg cracked.

this isn't the worst coming out story I've ever heard but you should still come up with a fake story so you don't ever have to explain to a normal person what sinfest was

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

ah, now that's just the kind of political cartoons i come here for: conservative outrage over something baffling they imagined

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

wizzardstaff posted:

What's funny is how mobile unfriendly the site is now that the Patreon money dried up.

See if you can spot the comic!

oh poo poo did Fandom buy sinfest too?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

that's enough sinfest for the next two or three sundays

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

pencilhands posted:

Holy poo poo, you’re not kidding. What is happening? Hate against LGBT people is becoming very normalized to a degree I haven’t seen in my lifetime.

it's real bad, but don't confuse anything garrison does or says as being normal. he's still a deranged crank

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: We Still Identify As a Democracy

this comic really highlights to me what's so irritable about political cartoonists in general and rall specifically, that he's so convinced that he is uniquely qualified to comment on issues like this, that his perspective is worth sharing - not just as a poorly thought out tweet like a normal person might do - but as a whole comic to be passed around everywhere it might be seen, which i think is exactly this thread and maybe a facebook group

honestly it gives me the tiniest, microscopic amount of respect for prickly city. stantis truly has nothing of value to say and that's very well reflected by his comic in which he doesn't even try to say anything substantive

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

God drat are they unable to contain their glee at being able to be openly homophobic again.

feels like at the rate we're going, we're one, maybe two months away from politoons about how catholics who marry outside their faith are pedophile groomers

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

JamesBont posted:

I don't want to bring personal poo poo into this thread, but...

My one cousin revealed in a group text that she was trans (it was right when Biden was elected to be the winner of the 2020 election, which I believe to this day was not a coincidence). I attended her wedding and was so happy for her. But over the past couple of years, I have feared for her and her wife's safety.

We live in a tolerant state, but I can't imagine if she lived in a state like Florida or Texas. She and her wife would possibly be lynched by now.

i have 3 friends who are each separately trying to flee florida right now. it's terrifying, not all of them know where they're going to go or how soon it's going to be possible to leave, or how much worse it will get by then, or if they'll be able to secure access to medication that long. at this point i hope desantis has pissed off disney enough that retaliation is on the table, since while queer and trans folks do not have the resources to reasonably fight back against any of this, the monopoly mouse sure does

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

don't worry, enough ai generated art and writing has been created that the algorithm has started training on itself, creating a negative feedback loop and ultimately dooming it to be useless due to slowly losing any human point of reference

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

i know this is well-trodden ground by now but imagine telling someone 30 or 40 years ago that donald trump is being portrayed as a messianic figure by hardcore christian conservatives. just one of the stupidest things that has ever happened in history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

NRVNQSR posted:

The question is whether it's okay to condemn "Israelis" as a bloc for the IDF's actions, just like whether it's okay to condemn Palestinians as a bloc for Hamas's actions.

there are certainly innocent israelis, many of which are in israeli prisons for speaking out against the genocidal actions of the state. i don't think it's completely unfair in this case to speak out against israel, though i think it would be more accurate to speak out against zionists and zionism both in and outside of israel, as that more accurately describes people who are in support of a genocidal ethnostate