Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
lmao, can someone with a tweeter account post the spread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

J.A.B.C. posted:

I get that China Daily's whole thing is that the U.S. is the great enemy keeping noble China from benevolently ruling the world, but come on. 'America talks about the importance of a free press because America is puppeting America, to serve evil American Imperialist interests.' It's literally 'Free Speech is bad, actually' written in bold.

I mean, I'm no symbologist, but it could be that they consider Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty to be two separate symbols, one representing the US and the other representing something else.

"American 'freedom' is a fake idea" is not exactly a complex take.

E:

Skios posted:

Clubs, I'd guess. Not only does the metaphor suck, it's not even applied consistently. That part at least could be fixed by labelling the donkey's club 'Jan 6th'.

You're overestimating Goodwyn; he thinks those are good clubs that will be used to pummel hale and hearty horses who deserve it, and is also poo poo at metaphors.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Trapezium Dave posted:

If the main purpose of the dominant Sinfest religion is to make sex work acceptable then what the hell are you going to blackmail them with, being too devout?

ishida doesn't believe sex workers or trans people are people, which means the idea that someone else might genuinely hold that belief is completely alien to him

none of the bad guys fundamentally disagree with the author, they just pretend to disagree in order to control the world through the (((woke))) agenda, obviously just because sex work is legal and acceptable in the ishidaverse doesn't mean it's actually legal and acceptable in the ishidaverse

all the chud cartoonists have this in common, they don't actually believe that world views other than their own exists, there are only different flavors of fascist who want to oppress different flavors of Other

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jan 12, 2023

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
ishida is pretty firmly in the camp of "anything done by fascists is either a good thing, or an antifa false flag"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
prediction: no one will even include "but by the content of their character" because they know, consciously or otherwise, that that is the metric on which they're being judged

except for Tony Branco, who is dense enough to include it uncritically, but probably also too dense to be aware that it is part of the same sentence

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

logger posted:

I find it funny some people are outraged that they are told gas stoves are dangerous and think the government should stay out of it while at the same time they feel dressing in clothes that doesn't match your sex should be a capital offense.

The one actual tenet of conservatism is that there must be an in-group whom the law protects, but does not bind, and an out-group whom the law binds but does not protect.

All of their "principles" of small government or personal responsibility or sensible fiscal policy are straight up lies, even if some of them believe otherwise; all they really want is to be allowed to do anything they like, no matter how cruel or petty, while anyone deemed to be an Other must be denied that same freedom. It's the only explanation that is wholly consistent with their actions.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

here we see the border patrol harassing and attacking an immigrant with all his documents in order

this is, of course, a criticism of joe biden

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I thought Kevin was the MAGA bunny, and that he was running against the Hillary bunny?

No force on earth can compel me to actually check, I just took for given that Stantis has no problem having the same character represent Bill Clinton, Marjorie The Gathering and now embattled congressman Hunter Biden.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

HootTheOwl posted:

So is the hopium real or what because he's got the frog just eating the feds nbd

Internet nazis are extremely powerful and immune to brainwashing, and could easily save America from the (((feds))) if they cared to try, but they'd rather sit on their asses and wait for someone else to put in the work. They're not the ones in danger, but they're leaving their allies, the TERFs, hanging.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Stultus Maximus posted:

Huh, I thought Stonetoss was also due to being literal undisguised Nazi propaganda.

Arguably, half the content in this thread is literal undisguished Nazi propaganda. Thinly disguised, if you want to be generous. Drawing that line in the sand means we'd have to iron out exactly how nazi is too nazi, and how much syndication makes someone a legitimate cartoonist instead of a webcomic, and then Ben Garisson or Tony Branco will post a particularly hateful turd and we'd have to relitigate it all over again.

Much simpler to just not post Stonetoss because nobody wants to look at Stonetoss than having to codify a reason. Same thing is going to happen to Sinfest Sunday when the current poster gets bored of it, and no one else wants to pick up the turd baton.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, I agree that pregnancy centers shouldn't be defunded.

They should be outlawed.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also I forget if I learned it from that video or it happened afterwards, but California passed a law that forced them to disclose up front that they do not provide abortions or have any actual medical staff, and the Supreme Court struck it down.

Any place that provides actual, medical, pre-natal care will make this extremely clear, and anything billed as a pregnancy center or similar without this qualifier I'd never give the benefit of the doubt.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Discendo Vox posted:

Is there some turn of phrase I'm missing here? It's not a "don't give a rat's rear end"...

can't afford eggs

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

that is a dog turd caricature, but I like how he is accurately represented as somehow reading a blank stack of papers wrong

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Usually he does Pulitzer bait cartoons (cryin lady liberty, mourning uncle sam, deep profundities about evil being evil) whenever there's a mass shooting, but he seems to be drawing them earlier every year and they can't all be bangers.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's a real pipeline. I was a (fortunately not unspoken) anti-feminist when I was an idiot teen, until I came across a particularly hateful MRA screed and just instinctively knew I had to strive to be the opposite of whoever wrote it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It does not materially matter whether the mechanical cause of the incident was faulty storage of hazardous chemicals, metal fatigue in a crucial piece of equipment, a trains man falling asleep at the wheel or whatever else.

This happened due to insufficient regulation, because if the train had been operating under a sufficient degree of regulation, the accident either would not have been happened at all or it would have been greatly mitigated by the appropriate failsafe mechanism.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

M.c.P posted:

Okay.

How the gently caress is an algorithmic bot that regurgitates essays showing bias.

I mean I guess it wasn’t trained on incoherent screeds about culture war bullshit.

But what?

It has been given some strict protocols against behavior like repeating hate speech, to the point where someone got it to say "you should never say the n-word, even if doing so was somehow the only way to prevent a nuclear apocalypse," because unless you actively prevent it, any algorithm trained on the internet is going to be insanely racist and bigoted. I will never miss an opportunity to remind people of Microsoft's chatbot, Tay, which was shut down within 24 hours of being released because it was gleefully denying the holocaust and advocating for the genocide of Mexicans within that time.

Not tolerating racism is obviously politically biased behavior, because that excludes republicans from the conversation. They'll try to muddy the waters by throwing in some culture war nonsense as a middle step, but this is the thing they're upset about.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Saint Sputnik posted:

Pretty lazy to just leave 1984 as-is instead of changing it to "Nineteen Eighty-Fun" or something

the "joke" is that these are the books that would be available in Airstrip One

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
That is absolutely the case. Margaery Taylor Greene posted her secession manifesto and it is just all the same culture war bullshit she's always been spouting, but the thing that stood out to me was a bit about how blue states would abolish the Pledge of Allegiance and replace it with one for the trans flag or BLM or something.

Even the idea that someone might simply elect to not make children perform a daily ritual of ideological affirmation is too alien for these people.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

There's something particularly grating about conspiracy theorists declaring they were right all along because they've decided that they were obviously right, a notable shift from their previous position that they were obviously right.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's so weird when people refuse to internalize nazi shibboleths, as I have.

Fun fact: this is also what set Scott Dilbertman off on the rant that got him booted.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Literally all of those statements are true.

except maybe the Smollett one? The CPD absolutely lied about it but the story kind of disappeared after the FBI took over, idk if it ever got resolved

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pants Donkey posted:

I think the last time Stantis was firmly political for any decent stretch of time was when Carmen stayed with the coyote’s parents to avoid ICE and spent the whole time agog at their politics. They play Marxist Monopoly (:ironicat:), the coyote’s brother identities as a cat, and they are vegans or something. It sucked, but at least said SOMETHING than spending like four days on Trump/Biden Bad then retreating into “It’s National Pizza Day :kiddo:” and three weeks of being sad about how coarse politics have gotten

It said a lot more than he intended, too, both with ICE being violent racist goons, and Carmen being a mean-spirited ingrate who spent her entire time making GBS threads on the strangers who gave her shelter and demanded nothing in return. This despite the fact that even though Stantis had made them the dumbest detached-from-reality caricatures, literally everything they did was gracious and harmless.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

AGC

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It is really telling that Ted Rall thinks a world that rewards competent assholes, and one that favors untalented but genuinely good, people are equally unfair.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think the particularly Rallian perspective is correctly pointing out that interpersonal skills and charity are not treated as desirable traits in the workplace or politics, and jumping straight to the conclusion that it would be absolutely ridiculous for it to be otherwise, because dudes getting fired for being sexist is worse than just letting boys be boys.

Like yeah we get that that's how you feel, but you're not supposed to actually admit it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

You protest when footage is withheld and doctored, yet also you protest when footage is withheld and doctored. Hypocrite, much? :smug:

Xander77 posted:

"An actual answer" as opposed to this Pavlovian drool excretion.

That is the actual answer, just look at the loving comic.

The SPLC accurately identifies hate groups and their links to Republicans (in this case, Moms for Liberty and whoever else is working to enforce DeSantis' book bans and the general war on trans people and education), while not classifying conservative boogiemen like Antifa and BLM as hate groups, also accurately.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
i am shocked and stunned that the traumatized sex worker who swore to oppose johns immediately set out to murder trans people at random :geno:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Microplastics posted:

What is a "john"

Common American English term for someone who employs the services of sex workers. I don't know if it explicitly connotes exploitative or criminal behavior, but it is usually associated with those.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean I don't think anyone particularly wants to go to a female prison or rape shelter, but I guess if you're a really hosed up dude who likes to project onto trans women, those sound like a picnic.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Dr. Stab posted:

Gender surgery is any surgery done one someone with a gender.

false, gender-affirming surgery like hair plugs or a chin implant is absolutely not gender surgery

it's only bad evil surgery if it marginally improves the life of a minority

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
"Uncontroversial?"

Looks like a sinister conspiracy to me.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kikas posted:

The embed image cuts off the last 2 panels, but the ones cut off make no sense to me lol

Panel 5 is probably just "we love gun violence" and 6 is a weird reference to that time DeSantis kidnapped a bunch of asylum seekers and shipped them to Martha's Vineyard.

E: v yeah checks out

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 13, 2023

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also when was Charlotte's family nazis, is that a Peanuts lore I missed?

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

oh poo poo i meant to call it a bad thing but somehow the thing i drew came out obviously good, better add a label so everyone knows medicine is bad

Okay, uh, regulations stifle innovation, that's a thing people say. poo poo, let's just say it gets in the way of availability, too, no one's actually going to bother reading anything past "thing bad," least of all me.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

is rupert murdoch or someone actually trying to incite another banking crash or are all these idiots just gunning for it independently?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also school lunches are not even a rounding error in state budgets. To be clear kids should be fed, categorically, even if it were a financial net negative, but there is literally no reason to oppose them other than cruelty.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Lareine posted:

BenG posted:

Michelle Obama (Big Mike) has put on quite a bit of weight. Maybe by the time she’s elected she’ll even emulate the girth of Grover Cleveland or William Howard Taft. Michelle is ‘woke’ and that means if you are white, you’re racist—even if you vote for her/him.

the mind fairly boggles as to why Michelle Obama might consider this guy to be racist

must be that dastardly reverse racism I've heard about that's definitely a real thing

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've seen Michelle Obama come up a couple times when desperately wish there were a better dem frontrunner than Joe Biden. Not very often, but I can easily imagine it's led to a couple articles about how there she is running a Soros-funded shadow campaign in whatever piss well Garrison draws his news from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Unkempt posted:

Haven't really been following the financial crisis thing. How many hundreds of banks have collapsed now?

Still just the two, but Branco et al are working on it!