Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

COVID 'back' lmao

Weird how every year we have these newspaper headlines about how migrants are taking over the country and yet here we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

J.A.B.C. posted:

I get that China Daily's whole thing is that the U.S. is the great enemy keeping noble China from benevolently ruling the world, but come on. 'America talks about the importance of a free press because America is puppeting America, to serve evil American Imperialist interests.' It's literally 'Free Speech is bad, actually' written in bold.

You could improve this by using stand-ins for Taiwan, South Korea and Japan, at least making the point that U.S. interest in those counties is just puppeteering them against their true ally, but this is just lazy as well as being bad.

They have a lot of practice drawing lady liberties and uncle sams, ok? Do what you know

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I guarantee Ramirez entire thought process was 'Leaking like a Sieve'. That's it, that's the whole thing. I'm not sure metaphor is something he actually understands on a conscious level.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Does Stiglich think the Cheshire cat...died?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Debt Sweat

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

Politoons edit seen in the wild

The original seems to be verging on a meme format. I've seen it in a few unexpected places.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

And those borders are incredibly hosed up too.

Well, that *kinda* is why the war is happening...

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

what the *gently caress*, Payne. Those aren't SUVs. ONE JOB.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

where, uh,

where is the cable for the spy eye coming from :ohdear:

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Whats with all these filled condoms spilling over from Tijuana?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

The more I look at the Biden-donkey, the more unsettled I am.

It's not a classic centaur, it's a creepy giant head on a donkey except the mouth is still sort of a muzzle for some reason.

just,

what

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

BonHair posted:

Aside from being bad, is Prickly City actually doing a de facto defence of China? It sounds like they're saying the spy balloon was no big deal. Which is probably correct, but not a typical conservative viewpoint.

now that the balloon got blown up its now conservative orthodoxy that it was never a big deal

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

man whats with chicago local politics being a national sport for conservatives

do they even understand that lightfoot lost out to other democrats, because she burned her bridges?

the hell of it is, it's a layup. the plurality of the vote went to the cop candidate. the bad conservative cartoons practically write themselves. but none of the usual suspects bothered even reading that much about it.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

US 'China Policy' by Cai Meng

I love Missile Knight and his dumb suit tie tabard

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

almost feel like 'rare good bennet' should be an award nomination at this point

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

...What?

To the extent this says literally anything except 'A Thing Happened', I have a hard time reading this as anything but Russian propaganda.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

raise your debtsaber! our immortal battle continues!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

seiferguy posted:

Horsey, your loving employer endorses single family housing and urban sprawl, go gently caress yourself.

i have bad news about most peoples employers

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

They forgot to take the opioids they're using to manage their fentanyl anxiety.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Glad to see the military is conducting specialized training for seizing the rebellious rump state, Disneyland.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

The famous scene everyone remembers from The Fugitive is when Harrison Ford jumps off the Dam while having a gun pointed at him. Not the earlier scene Ishida is referencing, which i had to go check Youtube to even remember existed.

Drawing Trump in that situation of powerlessness would be off brand, I guess?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

even for a Rall the perspective on that one is making my brain hurt. The ramshackle nightmare of the witness stands. 12 foot tall Trump. Crotch carpet. Trump's 1mm thumb.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Cruci-fiction

Wrap it up atheists, you've been outmatched

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

if only the perfidious left would make murder illegal

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Alhazred posted:

A good cartoon? The american way of doing your taxes is completey bullshit.
It's an irritating cartoon because of course the same duck whining about tax software is deeply opposed to funding the IRS to do most of the tax work. Complete inability to connect the dots.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

i'm the guy who put a mask on someone so they couldn't bite anyone, then put tusks on that mask

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

All the places that set up digital boards did it in the sweet spot where automation of the information was becoming cheap and possible but before apps became really popular. Cities looking at it now are just gonna shell out relative peanuts for an app and put up signs like that, because why spend more?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

the gently caress is with this guy and his inane, childish scribbling

my eyes keep sliding past him when he gets posted but to my regret i actually looked at this one, and, uh,,,

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Republicans posted:

What's with all the new Durham report cartoons, anyways? I swear that was released years ago and nobody cared then either.

Specifically, the report released recently was an investigation into the FBI launching an investigation of Trump's 2016 campaign over possible collusion with Russia. The report found nothing, resulted in no convictions, and the strongest language it could muster was something to the effect of 'well *I* wouldn't have launched an investigation based on that evidence!' Nevertheless, the entirety of right wing media has taken it as 100% confirmation of their priors, even or especially stuff that was actually contradicted by the report like the Steele dossier being the basis of the investigation.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Good...Debt? I'm afraid I don't understand.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Political Cartoons 2023: Worderous Rampage

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

is there an award for *best* A Thing Happened?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Biden Throws Student Loan Borrowers under the Bus

lol. Rall doesn't see this as a matter of policy, but as a matter of not getting the $payoff.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Murdstone posted:

The Justice Department is supposed to be beyond politics. Yeah, when they pursue prosecutions they are focused on priorities that are the president's or the party's, but they are not supposed to be "political" as in, when it comes down to crimes, they should not focus on political enemies for no reason.

And they don't and haven't in Trump's case, but conservatives keep insisting they do and did.

as always, and as repeatedly proven by both the Trump and Bush administrations, it's projection. They absolutely want to gently caress over their enemies using the power of the federal justice system.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

jesus loving christ

God has no power here, in Donkephant World!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

re sinfest

man, sure are a lot of perverts in, uh **checks notes** MAGA paradise Florida

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

horsey should commit to the bit. The Gothnics should be wielding bongs and syringes

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

lol that what finally gets Monique to snap is random flags, not anyone's actual actions.

it's really starting to just get sad.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Is Hitch really trying to frame 'I love you son' as some sort of gotcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Hmmmm....

?