Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Microplastics posted:

How dare you, we have *checks notes* stones! Stones? Just stones? Surely we have *flips page* big buildings made of stones, there we go that'll do

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1290035575756480512

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

ZZT the Fifth posted:

In this vein, a few months ago I had someone at work butt into a conversation I was having when I mentioned having a friend in Portland to say, without a shred of irony, "Portland doesn't exist anymore, it was burned to the ground by antifa Black Lives Matter rioters".

How do these people function?

Because they've always been taught to never question anything they are told.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Judgy Fucker posted:

I don't follow this thread but I did follow Bors when I still used twitter--didn't he say he was retiring from making comics less than a year ago? Either I've somehow imagined that or his retirement didn't last long.

That comic is from 2017.
He's switched to making comic books instead of political cartoons now.
Plus he still runs The Nib.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

axolotl farmer posted:

How exactly does Soros fund prosecutors? :confused:

Campaign donations. Conservatives are against unlimited campaign donations from only certain people.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The senate has no problem passing bills it knows the house will kill.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bTp6n2qJdI

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Angepain posted:

saw this on twitter - Rod Emmerson for the New Zealand Herald

regarding Posie Parker who has had another fun rally where counter-protesters forced her to leave and threw some kind of tomato sauce and/or soup on her for good measure. good job Auckland

https://twitter.com/Leo_Puglisi6/status/1639421143303208961

duz
Jul 11, 2005

JamesBont posted:

When did being healthy become "leftist propaganda"? Did Drinky Duck see a doctor that told him to cut down on the drinking, and he responded by accusing the doctor of being "woke"?

When Michelle Obama tried to improve school lunches.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Dollar to donuts that Stiglich and the rest of the lovely rightwingers are still going to say and continue to say a trans woman did this, regardless of any facts, just so they can keep pushing hate.

Elon Musk already replied to a tweet saying as much.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

Heaven to mercy, a floozy! Can you imagine taking the word of a woman of the night!

Fister Roboto posted:

Rolling fork was hit by tornados, not guns.

Given this is America, the tornado probably picked up some guns and threw them at things as well.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

What a timely reference!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

DalaranJ posted:

So the conservative definition of Banana Republic for some reason focuses on the “unfairly ousted former leader of country silenced by imprisioning after falsified charges” part. Am I understanding this correctly?

It's "when democrats are in charge".

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

That's called burying the lede. Mojo "Elvis is Everywhere" / "I Saw Jesus At McDonalds At Midnight" Nixon was Toad??

The 1993 Mario Bros movie was insane. Lance Henriksen was Peach's father / King Bowser (Not King Koopa, who was Dennis Hopper).

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

edit: putting the cartoon in question here due to an unintended snipe

Yeah, I really can't parse the intent of this cartoon, for multiple reasons. I'm only guessing it's supposed to be negative due to the unflattering caricature.

Naw, goons are just cynical and want to read every cartoon as negative. Adam Zyglis isn't a conservative.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

That two week delay stinging a bit.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Angepain posted:

what's wrong with hawaii

America stole it from the Hawaiians.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

idonotlikepeas posted:

Clay Bennett

Kellies Nomination: Worst Cartoon About Artificial Intelligence

It's what the last Child's Play movie was about.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

He's explained before, no one wanted to publish his columns but they'll publish his cartoons.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

As the thread's resident Sports Explainer I'd like to point out that the St. Louis Browns did exist (they're now the Baltimore Orioles), although why Hitch would use them as an example is confusing. Does he mean the perennially terrible Cleveland Browns? How the hell do you write St. Louis instead of Cleveland?

And no matter what team he means, it's not clear why their playoff tickets would be worthless. No playoff tickets are actually worthless because they let you attend a game even if your team doesn't win.

You're asking why playoff tickets for a team that no longer exists would be worthless?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

JamesBont posted:

...Ben does know that Jaws was the villain, right?

Then why was the movie named after him?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Or just don't post comics from literal Nazis at all.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Does anyone know what this is about?

He died waiting for the news to reveal three things right wingers are complaining they don't know the truth about.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

skeleton warrior posted:

They apparently made a tweet on the 4th of July suggesting that American should return land to its indigenous peoples.

https://twitter.com/benandjerrys/status/1676214289353572352

This has led the New York Post to call them "heart attack pushers", and every conservative outlet in America to suddenly remember that Native Americans in Vermont exist and that Ben & Jerry's hasn't given their land back to them so ::incoherent right-wing screaming::

That community note was written by someone who isn't mad at all.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ambitious Spider posted:

I mean I support landback initiatives but since the entire continent is stolen seems kind of silly to place the solution on any individual or organization short of the government to do anything about it.

It's the same poo poo they do when some rich person mentions the rich should pay more taxes. "Well why don't you give all your money to the IRS then!"

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Qanon Anonymous covered the movie and then interviewed two reporters about the guy/company that the movie is about.
The only factual thing in the movie seems to be that the guy and his company exists.
If he did what is depicted in the movie, he committed actual war crimes.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

:latestfad:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

the_steve posted:

Well you see, the answer is always the cognitive dissonance of "There's good FBI agents/troops/cops and bad ones."
Obviously the good ones reported it, only to be stymied by the bad ones who munch on their vegan cigar and tell them to drop the case.

This was Alex Jones' take on it. That the good secret service officers that are tired of the Bidens reported it over the public airwaves so it could no longer be covered up.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

It's amazing how these people have no concept of Occam's razor. Like given the location that the coke was found it was 90% a dumb tourist, 10% a low level staffer. When these people come home to a turd on the carpet and the dog hasn't been walked do they concoct a story about how someone must have broken in and planted it while meticulously covering their tracks?

Yes

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Saying Tom Tomorrow has too many words is like saying Gorell is too lazy.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall and Most Tone Deaf

And people wonder why I didn't like Teh Nib.

Seriously, a stale anti-Hillary supporter joke framed in the context of climate change in 2023? There's so much fractally wrong here I don't know where to begin.

You've got more determination for this gimmick than fishmech ever had.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

duz
Jul 11, 2005

JamesBont posted:

What's with the sudden crime cartoons? Did something happen?

Normally they say it when dems are seeing their polling improve.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

Excited to see a new Sicko drop

Not mine, from Discord*

:latestfad:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Hey, a shout out to Huntsville's minor league baseball team! I've got one of their shirts cause a raccoon in a trash can rocket is a great logo.

Disney is making a new Sleeping Beauty movie and the Seven Dwarfs are now racially diverse. All the people you would expect to be are very upset with this.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Antigravitas posted:

If they were actually concerned about birds, they would be railing against ecosystem destruction, glass facades, and car traffic. Of course, they are insincere.

Naw, cats.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

HIJABS

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

Jesus Christ dude, do any research whatsoever.

Yeah, the little mermaid is Danish, she wouldn't be in the gulf.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Jim Davis sold off Paws Inc in 2019 to Viacom. He probably is even less involved today than he was prior.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

"Because that only happens in the deranged mind of Daily Wire listeners, you little poo poo. Also, uncle Steve isn't allowed to babysit you anymore." Also, I love that his sister looks absolutely done with his poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

It's a joke about Apple Watches being banned from being imported because Apple lost a patent lawsuit.

They didn't lose the lawsuit yet, the other company got a restraining order preventing importing the watches until the lawsuit is resolved.