Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008

Hi there, my name is Finnish Flasher, welcome to my first attempt at a Let’s Play!

Introduction

I have been a big Paradox fan since 2017 when I got EU4 and have always enjoyed reading the various Paradox LPs, such as Al-Andalus megacampaign or CK2 Denmark. If you don’t know anything about CK3, you should check out the main thread here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937583

To my knowledge, I’m sorry if I’m mistaken, there hasn’t been a CK3 LP yet. I’ve been doing some creative writing recently and figured this would be good practice. I have all the CK3 dlc released so far and all of them will be enabled. I will also be using a ton of mods so this will definitely not be an ironman run. There will be user participation as well so I will probably be doing some console shenanigans if need be.

Who will we be playing as?

This will be the only thing not up to vote. We will be a tribal Norse Asatru male custom ruler starting as a count in 867. Counts are the lowest possible title you can start with, and being male will make it easier for us to have lots of kids via concubines to make sure we don't get a game over in 4 years. Although I will be using a mod that has us start with siblings so we would be playing as our brother in case we die without an heir.
Being a tribal Norse Asatru ruler allows for a great deal of flexibility. We can stay in Scandinavia if we want to, or we can conquer North Africa and become camel riding Vikings who turned to Islam and worship Allah by having orgies. That is not a joke, we could do that if we wanted to.
I will be giving more options on our starting character later on.

So, a Paradox LP. That means user participation, right?

You’re goddamn right. You can submit a name, personality traits, age range, culture and faith and even a little biography for why you are in my court at the start of the game if you want to. Everything can be made to work, since we are playing as a Viking and might have captured someone from Iberia or Egypt who was then recruited into our court, or maybe you’re simply a traveler from far away. Just keep in mind that the ruler might always end up being a sadistic zealous cannibal who will imprison you and eat you piece by piece if you worship the wrong gods. People can also claim an unclaimed adult courtier if they don’t have a character yet.
Your characters might become landed, they might get married, they might have children. If they do, you will be playing as their heir when they inevitably die. Even if you don’t become landed, you might still have power in the court by being good enough to be an advisor to the player character, or by joining a...

Faction.

Factions are groups of likeminded people who want to make the ruler see things their way. Maybe they want to conquer some neighboring provinces. Maybe they want to seek alliances to strengthen the realm. Maybe they want to tell the ruler where the next raid should be directed, because there will be raiding, we’re starting as Vikings after all.
Factions are stronger if the characters in them are:

Competent in their skills.
Landed.
Council members.
Friends or family of the ruler.

Just a heads-up, our wife/husband will always be up for grabs if not already claimed and they will have A LOT of influence over us. Our first wife will also have much higher stats than normally allowed, so she will be an extremely competent character.

As power in the medieval times stemmed from legitimacy and support from other nobles and the people, the ruler knows that it would be wise to listen to these requests. Their personality traits play a role, however. A kind, compassionate ruler is unlikely to execute their prisoners just because people tell him to.
Or he does it anyway out of fear of unrest, gets a mental breakdown and becomes insane. You never know.

Do you have any goals?

No. I will try to play the characters as their personalities dictate, along with how different factions whisper in their ear.

What mods will you be using?

A lot of cosmetic and quality of life that I won’t be going over all of them unless someone specifically asks. Mods such as EPE, CFP, full screen barbershop, extended outliner, you get the idea.
RICE and VIET– Flavor and immersion mods.
Unique buildings plus – Adds a bunch of new unique buildings everywhere, expect every de jure kingdom to have something new. Some of them are incredibly strong, but due to another mod I’ll be using I’ll have no way of knowing where they are before I find one by owning the province myself.
Catholic trinity – More flavor for Catholicism, makes college of cardinals a thing and should prevent teenage popes from happening.
New sensible family – I’ll be generating a couple siblings for myself, this will also set the story of our LP in motion. You’ll see later on what I mean.
Councillor’s experience trait – Councillor’s all over the world can become better at their jobs with time.
Invite custom character – Self-explanatory, I will show it off later.
My own mod that changes asatru religion slightly. It moves a couple holy sites that I find too unrealistic and it changes some of the virtues and sins.
Obfusckate – An incredible mod that changes CK3 completely. No longer can you simply choose the most skilled councilor, invite the best knights into your service or check exactly how many soldiers the King of France is currently able to levy. We will only have limited information on characters we realistically would know about through word of mouth. Characters in our realm or close to us we would obviously know more about. We also can’t check what buildings are already built in a province outside our realm, nor how many buildings are possible to be built. So we can’t look around for juicy OP buildings that UBP adds and pick our targets based on those. The world is a big place, and we know very little of it.

So enough about mods, you said something about options regarding our starting character?

Yes. Like I said, we’ll be playing as a tribal Norse Asatru male in 867. But where exactly and what sort of person we’ll be is up to vote.

The options for our starting area are:

A - Austrland, in Iceland.

B - Gotland, in the Baltic sea.

C - Sogn, off the coast of Norway.

D - Ångermanland, in northern Sweden.

All of these starts are different in their own way. Austrland is isolated from mainland Scandinavia, which could be considered both good and bad, and is safe from strong neighbours if we manage to consolidate.
Gotland is a defensible island, but it’s only one county so if we want to expand we need to either take on stronger Viking rulers in mainland Scandinavia or go for Baltics/North Poland. Or something else entirely. Sogn is in Norway, and everyone around is pretty much equal to us in strength. It’s a race to see who becomes strong enough to not get rekt by one of the bigger rulers in Denmark or Sweden. And finally Ångermanland starts with neighbours to the north that are different culture and religion, making diplomacy difficult. Also the King of Sweden will be coming for our lands at some point as he’s right there and we are De Jure his territory.

Alright let’s get started.

Vote for where we will be starting, and what kind of a person we are. I already have a name in mind. Age will be 20-30 but you should vote for one education/lifestyle and three traits. A full list can be found here:

https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Traits

We will have exactly three personality traits and then as much other stuff as I can afford with points. Better personality traits cost more, harmful traits actually cost negative points, meaning you can afford better stuff elsewhere. Leftover points will increase our education/lifestyle level and pump it’s according stat. I will be trying to make a character that has the most-voted personality traits without going over 400, which is the limit for this playthough. For reference, a 25 year old character with a level 1 education, no traits and lowest stats possible is only 67 points. Higher stats become exponentially more expensive, so picking a couple cheap personality traits can allow us to get a higher score in our primary stat.

The following traits are off-limits, any votes for them will be ignored.

Pure-blooded. Sterile. Eunuch. Disfigured. All lifestyle completionist traits. Celibate. All infamous traits except for deviant, witch and cannibal. All health and disease traits except for blind. All dynasty traits, all descendant traits, all decision traits and all event traits except for berserker and poet.

You can vote for blademaster, hunter, mystic, reveler and physician, but only the first levels.

Everone who votes for a martial education can also vote for one commander trait, I'm cheating a bit and we'll be guaranteed one if we end up with a martial education.

If everyone only votes for personality traits, I will only choose personality traits. If you want a giant cannibal witch, you better vote for one. Just to be clear, I will be ignoring any non-personality traits that don't make it to top 10 of all traits.

You can also submit a character of your own.

Your character will start in my court. Choose exactly three personality traits, an education/lifestyle, a gender, a sexuality (default is straight while gay, lesbian, bi and asexual are also available), faith, culture and as many other traits (non-personality) as you want to. You should also probably give your character a name and a dynasty, otherwise I will generate them at random.

Because of the mod I made, certain things are different when it comes to Asatru. Virtues are brave, generous, gregarious and ambitious (along with poet and one-eyed), while sins are craven, deceitful, greedy and content.

You may write a small biography of yourself and if you make compelling reasons as to why your character should be over 400 points, I will consider making exceptions. Unlike with my starting character, there are no limit to your age or the amount of traits you have. Older characters might be more skilled and perhaps have more traits than others.

You can’t be a child, it’s time to grow up.

Give me a short description of your characters physique, such as “a tall blond man”. If you own the game you may paste a link to a DNA and I will use it. If you don’t own the game https://www.reddit.com/r/CKTinder/ has tons of character DNAs, some are just cool original characters, some are celebrities and some are characters from games, tv-shows and films. I’m sure you’ll find at least one that will suit your character.

I cannot emphasize how much I hope you’ll provide a DNA link, I would not like to create 30 DNAs myself and the faster I create all of your characters the faster I can get started on playing my first ruler.

Say if you want to have siblings, and I will roll an RNG to see how many you get. You may still get 0, but that is unlikely. If your character is very exotic, for example a captured Andalusian princess, you won’t be getting siblings. Siblings are mainly reserved for characters that are also Norse and Asatru.
If you want to be married, that can also be arranged. Make a very short description of your spouse. You may also choose to be single and ready to mingle, I’m sure there are plenty of other courtiers that are looking for love.

Lastly, it is only possible to create your own character before the first chapter begins. After that you may claim unclaimed adult characters that appear in my court. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to invite plenty of random people to my court whenever there is need, and I’m using a mod that lets me pay money to have new courtiers show up (which have a chance to be amazing).

First person to claim her can be my wife. Trust me, she's going to be awesome.

I’ll be waiting at least a couple days before starting the game to give people a chance to come up with a character, more if people keep submitting.

That is all. I hope you participate if you have read this far.

Finnish Flasher fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
Mechanics

1: Factions, what are they and how do they work.

2: Minor update regarding faction influence, demands, laws.

3: Personal and hostile schemes.

4: Buildings, culture and decisions (and our other, fancier men-at-arms).

Chapters

0: Our ruler and his new wife.

Who Wants To Marry a Viking?

1: A time of grief and love, 1st of January - 867 - 4th of October - 867.

2: The young and the bold, 5th of October 867 - 1st of January 868.

3: Conquered, fertilized and killed, 2nd of January 868 - 6th of November 868.

4: A new Gydja, a new life and new plans, 7th of November 868 - 16th of January 870.

Ásta's ambitions.

5: Britannia will have no peace, 17th of January 870 - 2nd of October 871.

6: The first Ting and it's demands, 3nd of October 871 - 6th of February 874.

7: Dominance, 7th of February 874 - 31st of December 874.

8: Ég hef verið gjörður seiðr, 1st of January 875 - 31st of December 876.

9: The second Ting and lots of babies, 1st of January 877 - 29th of October 877.

10: Hello mainland, 30th of October 877 - 31st of December 881.

Current list of unclaimed courtiers

Finnish Flasher fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 1, 2023

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
D

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

D

Traits:

Wrathful
Stubborn
Impatient

Education:
Tough Soldier with Aggressive Attacker

We're the angriest man in Ångermanland.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

A

I hear Iceland is nice this time of year

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

A

Iceland Iceland Iceland!

And I don't care what traits we have, as long as we are a dwarf.

Might come back and write up a dwarf courtier.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
B. Gotland. I'll do up a character when I get home.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
I forgot to mention that two of the other three rulers in Iceland are Christian, which is of course going to escalate things no matter what.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
A. is for Iceland

Iirc there was a CK3 LP before, though that was the main character being an Isekai of a japanese woman into... England? Ireland? Something like that. It never got far though.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008

Coward posted:

A

Iceland Iceland Iceland!

And I don't care what traits we have, as long as we are a dwarf.

Might come back and write up a dwarf courtier.

Unfortunately I have to ask that you pick two more traits, otherwise dwarf will be overrepresented.

So far the votes are:

A - 3
B - 1
C - 0
D - 2

If any of the options reaches ten votes, I'm considering it the winner. Feel free to vote on our rulers traits in the meantime.

You might be happy to know that our ruler has just asked a woman to be his wife, who happily said yes. The two of course had known each other for some time, their fathers were friends.

But who might that woman be?

Don't vote on our wife just yet, first let's choose our start and our rulers traits.

Finnish Flasher fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 3, 2023

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
A

Iceland is a nice, relaxed start, once you consolidate the island.

I don't care about our ruler's traits too much. I like wrathful for out starting guy though. Designing/breeding a perfect ruler can be nice, but the real meat of the trait system is how it influences your playstyle. If you usually employ a ton of assassins to make your rule secure, certain combinations of traits make this a no-go and force you to play the game differently, which is great.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
God, I hate playing as tribal in both CK2 and CK3. You are missing a lot of mechanics and conversion to feudal is somehow even more tedious in CK3 than it was in CK2. And don't even get me started with reforming Slavic faith, their holy sites being scattered over half of Europe.

quote:

Iirc there was a CK3 LP before, though that was the main character being an Isekai of a japanese woman into... England? Ireland? Something like that. It never got far though.

I remember, it was pretty fun while it lasted.

Szarrukin fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jan 3, 2023

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008

Torrannor posted:

A

Iceland is a nice, relaxed start, once you consolidate the island.

I don't care about our ruler's traits too much. I like wrathful for out starting guy though. Designing/breeding a perfect ruler can be nice, but the real meat of the trait system is how it influences your playstyle. If you usually employ a ton of assassins to make your rule secure, certain combinations of traits make this a no-go and force you to play the game differently, which is great.

I have to ask you two pick two other traits as well, but your vote for A counts.

To encourage people to vote for both the starting locations and our starting traits, I will be posting some (at least 5) custom courtiers that offer some interesting RP possibilities. Most of them will be influential in factions due to being either friends with our ruler, or competent in their skills.
Those who have voted for both starting location and our rulers traits, will get dibs on these courtiers on a first come first serve basis.

Currently that would be McGavin, who would get to pick first.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Oh right, the traits!

Wrathful
Craven
Lazy

Martial education, overseer lifestyle

That should make our character just an absolute shithead of a human!

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
Some characters for you guys to claim if you don't want to create your own but want to participate.

Emund
is a loyal, if a little rough, man who has no time for bullshit. He gave his oath to serve our father, and he intends to serve us as well.
He is wrathful, diligent and just with the best martial education. He is a fierce warrior, having killed many enemies with his berserker strength. An aggressive attacker, he is also a strategist and knows how to lead armies. The gods have blessed him with a strong body.

Halla is a foreigner from the lands of the Finns. She sought refuge in our court, but would not say from who or why. Our father accepted her, what will happen to her now?
She is calm, patient and vengeful with the best intrigue education. She is a an intelligent woman with skin and hair white as snow, who knows all about different sorts of plants. Some whisper she is a witch.

Aslak (whose name I will change as it's apparently a modern version of the old name Asleikr) is a capable fighter. He fought in our fathers battles as a skilled warrior, but he ultimately only acts on his own interests. Will he serve us as well?
He is patient, ambitious and cynical with the best intrigue education. He is an intelligent blademaster, who is no stranger to schemes and has lead many raiding parties in foreign lands.

Abdullah was taken prisoner in a raid many years ago. The strangers had mistaken him for a rich noble and kidnapped him in hopes of ransom. He was not rich, but he was offered a position as a healer once they realized he knew the ways of the human body well, having saved many a life back in his homeland. Our father knew he could count on Abdullah to do his best to save anyone in our tribe, but what do we think about him?
He is temperate, compassionate and honest with the best learning education. He is a genius and the best goddamn doctor you could hope for in the medieval world.

If you have voted for starting location and ruler traits you may claim one of these.

You may notice that there are no numbers representing the skills, instead they are listed in tiers.
A tier is the best, followed by B, C, D and F. There are not many people in the world with A in something, it is very rare. B is generally very good. C is competent and D is not exactly great. F is pretty much abysmal
Prowess is unchanged so you always know which of your courtiers make for good knights.

Finnish Flasher fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 3, 2023

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

A, Iceland looks nice and cozy and we can always Varangian to a sunnier island later on.

a Brave, Wrathful, Patient guy with a Skilled Tactician education (or Tough soldier is fine if we're short on points I guess) and Reaver commander trait sounds very good for a viking, there'll be time for failsons to shine later. Can we only give 3 traits in total, or can we "add" a trait or two outside those? Or if I wanted to say add that we're a Giant and an Aspiring Blademaster I'd have to not vote for 2 of the 3 personality traits?

Also how do I make my own character and share the DNA? I'd like to make a courtier :shobon:

Edit: nvm figured it out, here's the pastebin DNA for Rolando of the Glandi dynasty, a 25 year old Italian culture man who's good with money, and made a lot of it quickly by unsavory ways - and when the inevitable reckoning came he fled as far as he possibly could to .. hmm, wherever we end up, which is guaranteed to be very remote from Italy anyway :v: a Fortune Builder who can't be described as but Ambitious and Diligent, though his being Cynical and not God-fearing enough might have contributed to lead him to his current predicament. Made it easy to convert to Asatru religion though, after all if you don't really believe in one God you can just as well not really believe in many Gods. He's also genetically Quick with a sharp wit, and not new to fighting as an Aspiring Blademaster, so let's see if a tough, smart guy good with money and decent at intrigue can make a completely new life in whatever freezing wasteland we end up in. Maybe score himself a concubine and start a family too... but really, let's just hope his lungs will remain inside his chest at all times first and foremost.

(Is that how to do it? I created the character and saved it in the ruler designer, I tinkered a bit with the stats to keep it under 400... I can share the screen? Sorry I'm new to this.)

Also here's the dynasty crest of House Glandi

and the motto is "Nemo anas impune lacessit"

vvv e:e: thanks, I figured it out quite quickly but took forever to actually do it and post the write-up :)

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 4, 2023

megane
Jun 20, 2008

TorakFade posted:

Also how do I make my own character and share the DNA? I'd like to make a courtier :shobon:
If you open CK3 and get to where you’re designing your ruler, you can click edit appearance at the bottom, mess with them as you like, then there’s a “copy DNA” button that puts a big block of code in your clipboard.

The DNA only covers how they look, though; for traits and stuff you’ll have to post them separately.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Finnish Flasher posted:

Unfortunately I have to ask that you pick two more traits, otherwise dwarf will be overrepresented. .

I don't mind dwarf being overrepresented, but if you insist, for our ruler I would to suggest

Dwarf
Paranoid
Compassionate

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008

TorakFade posted:

A, Iceland looks nice and cozy and we can always Varangian to a sunnier island later on.

a Brave, Wrathful, Patient guy with a Skilled Tactician education (or Tough soldier is fine if we're short on points I guess) and Reaver commander trait sounds very good for a viking, there'll be time for failsons to shine later. Can we only give 3 traits in total, or can we "add" a trait or two outside those? Or if I wanted to say add that we're a Giant and an Aspiring Blademaster I'd have to not vote for 2 of the 3 personality traits?

Edit: nvm figured it out, here's the pastebin DNA for Rolando of the Glandi dynasty, a 25 year old Italian culture man who's good with money, and made a lot of it quickly by unsavory ways - and when the inevitable reckoning came he fled as far as he possibly could to .. hmm, wherever we end up, which is guaranteed to be very remote from Italy anyway :v: a Fortune Builder who can't be described as but Ambitious and Diligent, though his being Cynical and not God-fearing enough might have contributed to lead him to his current predicament. Made it easy to convert to Asatru religion though, after all if you don't really believe in one God you can just as well not really believe in many Gods. He's also genetically Quick with a sharp wit, and not new to fighting as an Aspiring Blademaster, so let's see if a tough, smart guy good with money and decent at intrigue can make a completely new life in whatever freezing wasteland we end up in. Maybe score himself a concubine and start a family too... but really, let's just hope his lungs will remain inside his chest at all times first and foremost.

(Is that how to do it? I created the character and saved it in the ruler designer, I tinkered a bit with the stats to keep it under 400... I can share the screen? Sorry I'm new to this.)

Also here's the dynasty crest of House Glandi

and the motto is "Nemo anas impune lacessit"

vvv e:e: thanks, I figured it out quite quickly but took forever to actually do it and post the write-up :)

For our player character it is indeed only 3 traits total, so you could for example vote for a brave, wrathful blademaster. Or a giant, brave blademaster.
Voting for a martial education allows you to also vote for 1 commander trait. If martial education wins we will start with the most voted one, if there's a tie I'll either use RNG or just decide which fits more with our character. For example a craven, paranoid military man might be more of a reaver or an organizer than an aggressive attacker.

For you own character you can request as many traits as you want. I'll try to make requested courtiers with the same point cap as myself unless they are given interesting backstories/personalities in which case they will be getting an increased point cap. Your character is already more interesting than generic-viking-man#5 so he has a good chance of having the gods bless him with more points. If nothing else, these points will translate to higher stats in areas your character seems competent, which in your case would be stewardship and prowess.

Finnish Flasher fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jan 4, 2023

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Finnish Flasher posted:

For our player character it is indeed only 3 traits total, so you could for example vote for a brave, wrathful blademaster. Or a giant, brave blademaster.
Voting for a martial education allows you to also vote for 1 commander trait. If martial education wins we will start with the most voted one, if there's a tie I'll either use RNG or just decide which fits more with our character. For example a craven, paranoid military man might be more of a reaver or an organizer than an aggressive attacker.

Excellent thanks. I will go with brave, wrathful, blademaster for our main character's traits then!

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
Votes are now

A - 5
B - 1
C - 0
D - 2

Iceland seems to be dominating pretty well. If nothing drastic happens we will start there. I will do our character this weeks sunday and post the first chapter so there is still time to vote.
If you want to have a custom courtier, post one before sunday, I can't make them after I have created my character and clicked start game.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008

TorakFade posted:

Excellent thanks. I will go with brave, wrathful, blademaster for our main character's traits then!

I tried to load your character DNA but it gave an invalid DNA error. It seems your hair and beard are an affront to Thor as these lines

override={
portrait_modifier_overrides={
custom_beards=male_beard_western_03
custom_hair=male_hair_byzantine_02
}
}

entity={ 0 0 }
}

cause the problem.

I copied the DNA but left the last parts out and it worked, but I want to make sure this is what your character is supposed to look like.

If you want a different hair or beard let me know, it could be that you have a hair/facial hair mod that I'm not using. I'm making your character now but I can always edit the appearance afterwards.

edit. also can you try to copypaste your dynasty coat of arms?

edit2. i actually managed to recreate it but cant figure out how to make the duck look the other way :bang:

Finnish Flasher fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 5, 2023

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Finnish Flasher posted:

I tried to load your character DNA but it gave an invalid DNA error. It seems your hair and beard are an affront to Thor as these lines

override={
portrait_modifier_overrides={
custom_beards=male_beard_western_03
custom_hair=male_hair_byzantine_02
}
}

entity={ 0 0 }
}

cause the problem.

I copied the DNA but left the last parts out and it worked, but I want to make sure this is what your character is supposed to look like.

If you want a different hair or beard let me know, it could be that you have a hair/facial hair mod that I'm not using. I'm making your character now but I can always edit the appearance afterwards.

edit. also can you try to copypaste your dynasty coat of arms?

edit2. i actually managed to recreate it but cant figure out how to make the duck look the other way :bang:

Lmao yeah it's him. Short jacked curly haired and full bearded dude. Can't be in a viking setting without a beard :colbert:

For the coat of arms, I just selected animals from the drop down menu, found the duck and set the colors, not sure how I can copy-paste it? If the duck is looking another way it's no big issue as long as there's a duck :v:

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
In that case Rolando is ready to start his new life! :black101:

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
A little bit of info on voting and factions.

There will be several factions from the start, and simply put, they get to vote internally on which propositions they whisper into the rulers ear. Factions with proportionally high voting power (members) get to whisper more things. Factions with minimal power get to say minimal things.
Factions are directly related to our rulers lifestyle, and are the only way to change it. Initially I will pick a lifestyle that suits our characters education.

Voting in factions is going to be allowed for everyone, but those with claimed characters will have more voting power. The following things will increase their voting power.
Being landed. Being friends or lovers of the ruler. Being on the council. Having a high skill in the faction associated with their education. I will work out the specific numbers later, as there is still time before factions become relevant (the first and second chapters at least are going to be just me roleplaying the character without outside influence apart from his personality traits).

This represents highly skilled individuals, or simply those our ruler likes, influencing his decisions, while also allowing the unwashed masses to have their say, and could end up causing revolts if the people we are ruling over feel that their needs are neglected. But surely that won't cause problems, right?

suuuurelyyyy

If you have thoughts or feedback, feel free to let me know.

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
I vote A for Island rules the waves!

My votes for Traits are Wrathful, Diligent, Aspiring Blademaster. War takes effort to win.
Education is Skilled Tactician, with a side of Reaver, to help with those raids.

Also, I don't know if latecomers are allowed to claim courtiers, but in the case we are, I dib on Abdullah.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

For Location I vote for C, let's try to become King of Norway. With regards to the player, I actually favor Diplomacy, Stewardship, and Learning, so any of those Educations. As for his traits Gregarious, Diligent, and Just, have him be the bestest boy.

Also, here's my character. Female, Red Hair, Blue Eyes, 5'8", Long double braid hairstyle, Irish, Celtic(Would have to add Celtic Paganism mod, Generic Pagan otherwise), Bisexual, Charismatic Negotiator, Brave, Patient, and Just, remaining points into Diplomacy, Learning, and Prowess. I'd link a DNA, but don't know how to.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008

Luca_024 posted:

I vote A for Island rules the waves!

My votes for Traits are Wrathful, Diligent, Aspiring Blademaster. War takes effort to win.
Education is Skilled Tactician, with a side of Reaver, to help with those raids.

Also, I don't know if latecomers are allowed to claim courtiers, but in the case we are, I dib on Abdullah.

Yep everyone can claim a courtier if they have voted on starting location and traits. As others have not claimed anyone, Abdullah is yours!

ChaosStar0 posted:

For Location I vote for C, let's try to become King of Norway. With regards to the player, I actually favor Diplomacy, Stewardship, and Learning, so any of those Educations. As for his traits Gregarious, Diligent, and Just, have him be the bestest boy.

Also, here's my character. Female, Red Hair, Blue Eyes, 5'8", Long double braid hairstyle, Irish, Celtic(Would have to add Celtic Paganism mod, Generic Pagan otherwise), Bisexual, Charismatic Negotiator, Brave, Patient, and Just, remaining points into Diplomacy, Learning, and Prowess. I'd link a DNA, but don't know how to.

If you go to the screen where you can customize your character further, you should see a Copy DNA button.

It's there at the bottom. You can then paste it into pastebin and post the link, or just send me a pm with the DNA if you want. I can make your character myself too with your instructions but of course she'll look a bit different.
Do you have a preference to how old your character is? Minimum is 16.

----

Orvar is our oldest friend. He is trustworthy and has always known how to talk to people, we often got into trouble as kids but it was he who managed to talk us out of it. And when we got into fights with other kids he was right there with us, thus he learned how to handle himself if talking was no longer an option. As an adult he takes life easy, and has mostly focused on trying to bed as many women as he can. We have often depended on his advice and that is unlikely to change.
He is lustful, lazy and honest with the second best diplomatic education. He is an attractive seducer and a poet.

As our friend he has a lot of influence on our decisions.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Finnish Flasher posted:

Do you have a preference to how old your character is? Minimum is 16.

Early 20s.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
A - Iceland sounds like an interesting start.

Traits - Honest, Diligent, Wrathful

2* soldier with falconry

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Read through the thread again and has anyone claimed Halla? I would like to help/harm as her.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Read through the thread again and has anyone claimed Halla? I would like to help/harm as her.

Halla is indeed unclaimed. You are the proud new owner of a young Finnish witch on the run from :iiam:

What did you mean by falconry?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Ah, I haven't played CK3 in a minute, isn't there a falconry trait or perk or something? We should have that

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
There was one in ck2 but not in ck3. Since you voted for a martial education you can vote for one of the commander traits from

https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Traits#Commander_traits

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
A little change regarding the factions.

There will be one faction at the start, which allows for our ruler to choose his own lifestyle if it's dominant (which it is at start).

After the first update, anyone can create a faction. A faction has 2 associated educations/skills, and can never be changed once a faction has been created. If a reader created faction is dominant, our ruler has to pick a lifestyle associated with either of its skills.

Readers with a character can join a faction. Being a character in a faction might increase your stats/give you lifestyle traits, especially if its a dominant faction.
A faction will always have a leader, who is more likely to increase their stats or gain traits. Faction leaders will be weighted higher when it comes to appointing council members or granting titles. This makes it possible for ambitious characters to rise to positions of power.

That is the general idea of how factions are going to work. I will write a more comprehensive and detailed post about factions after the first update.

Finnish Flasher fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 7, 2023

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

I’m really looking forward to this LP. I can’t contribute anything right now, but just wanted to let y’all know that someone is watching :black101:

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Can I lay claim to our doctor? I can RP that pretty well. Time to invent germ theory!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I wanna be Emund

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Voting for D, and I'll definitely be following this, but unsure if I'll have the time to join in for more than the occasional vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008

verbal enema posted:

I wanna be Emund

You have still time to vote on starting location and 3 traits for our ruler, then you can immediately claim Emund. Otherwise you may claim him after the first chapter, but then everyone else can claim him too.