Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

A

I hear Iceland is nice this time of year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

TorakFade posted:

Also how do I make my own character and share the DNA? I'd like to make a courtier :shobon:
If you open CK3 and get to where you’re designing your ruler, you can click edit appearance at the bottom, mess with them as you like, then there’s a “copy DNA” button that puts a big block of code in your clipboard.

The DNA only covers how they look, though; for traits and stuff you’ll have to post them separately.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Have a character, sure.

Thyra af Svarti

DNA

Culture: Norse
Faith: Asatru

Education: Martial
Personality: Zealous, Shy, Stubborn
Traits: Shieldmaiden, Winter Soldier

Other points in martial or whatever you like. Siblings: sure.

Coat of Arms is a ship on a black background.

Thyra is a distant cousin of the family who was appointed shieldmaiden by our father after she saved several people from a fire. She says little and prefers to be elsewhere when the drinks and song are flowing, which has made her somewhat unpopular. Her father made a name for himself raiding the Danes, and she secretly hopes to win similar glories - and marriage to a fine husband - in our service.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Ingrid, because she seems like the most 80s-sitcom-esque choice.

Looks correct! She's gonna get murdered, no doubt.

megane fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 9, 2023

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Scheming and carousing seem deeply unpleasant, so Thyra is going to stay near her family and try to learn the rough terrain commander trait from her mother.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

With obvious reluctance, Thyra speaks up, not looking anyone in the eyes: "The corpse-worshippers in Britannia are a good target for now, yes. Mother says they fill their temples with gold and silver and then just leave it there, guarded by nothing but old godis. We should be sure to bring back one or two of those as well, as gifts for Odin."

"They are weaklings, though. If we wish to show our strength, we should fight the Franks... or Rolando's people." She considers the vague blob on the map that represents the Mediterranean, speckled with islands. "Mm. It's a long way, though. A long time to be on the sea. Perhaps we could find an island somewhere in the southern waters where our people can settle; we could use it as a base for raiding." She cracks her knuckles. "I bet some of those Christ-godis would know a good place."

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Vigdis and Thyra have been assigned to interrogate a prisoner brought back from Ireland, Diarmaid O'Bannon. Vigdis dumps him in a chair in the stables.

Diarmaid: "Oof! Warn a man before you drop him like that, will you? Holy Saint Joseph, the ladies sure do get tall up here in the north, don't ya. What's your name, beautiful?"
Vigdis: "What's he saying? He speaks Norse like he's got a mouth full of rocks. Speak up, Irishman!"
Thyra: "He asked you your name; he thinks you're beautiful."

Vigdis kicks the Irishman in the shin. Thyra snickers.

Diarmaid: "Agh! What'd you do that for?"
Vigdis: "Worthless Christian rat. Listen up, rat. Our lord Thoke, he wants you to tell us what you know about the lands you Christ-worshippers rule over. The Franks and Saxons and such, you know."
Diarmaid: "What, so you lot can go stab them and steal their treasures, too? Ehhh... haha, I mean, sure, definitely. Grand. Just ehm, untie me, and the three of us'll go have a pint and I'll tell ya whatever you want to know, all right?"
Thyra: "Sounds fun, but I have a better idea. We'll stay right here, let Helge do his job, and you'll tell us whatever we want to know anyway. And then Vigdis and I'll have the pint."

Helge coughs, and Diarmaid turns to see the hooded man sitting silently in the corner, polishing a very tiny but very sharp knife. Helge grins and waves.

Diarmaid: "Haha, uh, now, ladies, let's not be hasty, we're all friends here! Praise to, uh, whatever god it is you worship up here..."
Vigdis: "Odin."
Diarmaid: "Sure, that's the one."
Thyra: "Excellent. Then you won't mind telling us about what you know, hm? Why don't we start with those islands you're from?"
Diarmaid: "Err, well now. Dear old Ireland's... same as it is ever was, just little villages like mine. Nothing worth sailing all that way to take, to be sure. Now the Saxons..."

Diarmaid: "They crowned some new bastard king, I hear. If you're going to use those big axes of yours on anyone, might as well be him, right? The whole place is getting ripped apart by your lads, anyway."
Vigdis: "You mean great lord Ivar and his brothers, from the homelands! Their war must be going well. As it should, they're fighting milk-drinking children if the raid was any indication."
Diarmaid: "Hey, now, no need to be rude."
Vigdis: "What about the mainland?"
Helge: "This one I know. Kerrol is king there. A great warrior who slew thousands by his own hand."
Diarmaid: "Kerrol? Oh, Karl, the lord of the Franks. Uh, well, he died. Before I was born, actually. His kids run the place now. They all hate each other, apparently, but I haven't heard of any wars so maybe they're content with half a continent each."

Thyra: "And what about the south, where the warm sea is?"

Diarmaid: "Well, there's Hispania. The Christians there are fighting the infidels. Different infidels, that is. Uh, no offence. I hear it's not going well for our lads, but not much news out of there gets up my way, you know."
Thyra: "Hm. Well, you've been very helpful."
Diarmaid: "I have? Grand! Just untie me and I'll be on my way, you'll never hear from me again."
Thyra: "So, we won't kill you."
Diarmaid: "Hah, sure, it's better than nothing, I suppose."
Vigdis: "Yet."
Diarmaid: "Ah."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Thyra is glad to have found a friend on the battlefield. If someone had told her she could make friends by stabbing people she'd have started a long time ago. Vigdis is a little intense, but people say that about Thyra too.

After returning from the fights in Ireland, Thyra spends some nights considering her place in the clan. Thoke's realm has some much bigger and stronger fighters - some are vicious berserkers like Emund and Vigdis, and of course there's Tjudmund the giant. Thyra can't compete with them physically; she's a good commander, but so are they, even if she does seem to be the only one who thinks about things before doing them. If she wants to stand out, she needs people to like and respect her, and she's certainly not going to make that happen by talking to them. She resolves to be a shining example of virtue, someone people look up to. She's going to try and learn poetry from Ingrid, and then (if this is a reasonable scheme or whatever) she's going to try and go on pilgrimage to seek the wisdom and blessing of Thor the Thunderer.

megane fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 22, 2023