Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
I vote A for Island rules the waves!

My votes for Traits are Wrathful, Diligent, Aspiring Blademaster. War takes effort to win.
Education is Skilled Tactician, with a side of Reaver, to help with those raids.

Also, I don't know if latecomers are allowed to claim courtiers, but in the case we are, I dib on Abdullah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
I'm getting pretty hyped for this, the factions all sound really interesting.

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
I vote for Vigdis. That Martial and Stewardship mean the money and levies will never stop coming in, and what else do we need as a Viking, really?
Also, Hale gives a health boost, which means our heirs might live longer than they otherwise would have and I'm all here for the roleplaying implicatons of a centenarian ruler who outlives all of his vassals.

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
The life of a Vigdis appreciator is a lonely one :eng99:

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
Abdullah is many things: a physician, a faithful member of the house of Islam, a kind man... but a warrior and traitor, he is not, and he must repay the debt to the "pagans" who spared his life. He has offered his services as a doctor, closely following the works of Galen and his peers, but if he wants to truly change these people's lives for the better, he'll have to go further.

I'd like to Create the Faction for the Betterment of Austrland, tied to the Attributes of Learning and Stewardship. For now, its only suggestion will be to Save up money and build Trading Outposts, hoping to kick off a spiral of ever-increasing revenue and development.

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
Abdullah may be well-versed in the medicinal herbs present in his home at Iberia, but this is Austrland, not Andalusia. The climate and vegetation here are much different from the ones he grew used to over his early years. If he wants to help these people to the best of his abilities, and in spite of their odd customs, he does, he'd do well in learning with local healers and wise women.

Abdullah will start a scheme to Learn Angrboda's Herbalist trait.

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
War means injured men, which means work for a physician. Abdullah will continue his scheme to learn Angrboda's Herbalist trait.

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
Abdullah will accept Angrboda's befriend scheme, seeing benefit in getting someone with actual power to listen to him when he tells everyone to wash their hands before eating and not drink ale from the same mug. Additionally, because he has the knowledge to back his reputation as a renowned physician and Angrboda is quick and shrewd, he'll try to have a few debates comparing her practical knowledge with the theories he knows about the workings of the human body. Hopefully, that will bring him closer to understanding how the local medicinal practices work.

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
I was ready to have Abdullah defend himself with that B in Diplomacy, but uh... that problem solved itself, I guess

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
Abdullah's semblance seems a little more downcast than usual. He's a healer, not a fighter, and knowing raids are a necessary evil doesn't mean he has to enjoy them. That being said, he has no reason to go against the decision to raid Britannia. He raises his eyes from the map reluctantly and speaks with calm and conviction.
"It is wise to sail against the Christians of Britannia. They claim to worship a man of love and compassion, but quickly turn to treason and brutality when facing those of differing ideals. Crippling their armies now means they are less likely to threaten us in the future, and raiding closer to home will make it much easier to treat those who may end up wounded. Compare this to the Ummah in Hispania, which is much more organized and powerful; they are ones with which trade is more valuable than war, while the worshippers of Isa show little interest in anything but our lives."

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022

Finnish Flasher posted:

Seems to be pretty unanimous for Britannia, I'll go ahead and play for a while.

I'm trying to not play too far ahead so people don't have periods of time where they aren't doing any schemes. If people want to we could allow for queueing schemes. You can tell me your character wants to:

Befriend x
Learn blademaster from y
Seduce z

In that order. That way I can play a bit longer ahead. Then when I do an update you can of course adjust your schemes. What do you think?

That sounds like a good idea. After learning Herbalist from Angrboda, Abdullah will try to get Mystic from her as well. I'm not sure if we can choose which perks to get from Factions, but in case we are, he'll be focusing on Scholar, as well.

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
Since Abdullah is gonna spend quite a while with Angrboda, between trying to learn another trait and caring for the little Thoke, she might catch him saying a thing or two about undertaking the Hajj someday. He's well on his thirties, it's around that time of life one would start currying favors with the divine, just in case.

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
Now is when I hope Abdullah isn't being too nice for his own good :(. He may be compassionate, but feeling empathy towards someone and letting them walk all over you are very different things. Still, he sees no reason to distrust Asta, for now at least.

After learning the Mystic trait, he will approach Sinech and offer to teach her the Physician trait, under the argument that the tribe should have a backup doctor in the event something happens to him... or in the event he ever takes his leave for the Hajj. Since Sinech has already earned the chieftain's trust and has a decent Learning skill, she seems to be the best candidate.

Luca_024 fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jan 22, 2023

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
Done.

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
Abdullah will gladly engage Erika in theological debate, and be as respectful as possible. He'll be sure to point out the many differences between Christianity and Islam through the whole process, though.

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
Though Abdullah's main game is Learning, his Diplomacy is actually just as good; as such, he'll try and contribute to giving little Björg a Diplomatic education, though he'll only become her actual guardian if Thoke and Angrboda think that's a good idea.

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
Abdullah's suggestion remains the same, but upscaled: building Markets to foster Iceland's economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luca_024
Dec 26, 2022
Abdullah will properly rename his Faction into the Faction for the Betterment of Iceland, and also try to befriend his new comrade. After that is done, he'd like to befriend Thoke, as well.

As far as suggestions are concerned, seeing how the quality of life in the Jarldom has improved significantly, Abdullah will support Erika's idea. Incorporating a holy site into the realm would probably let us gather more intel and taxes from all the pilgrims .