Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
If I'm not too late to submit a character:

Erika

Appearance: not familiar with this but reddit suggests this is a DNA link: https://pastebin.com/DxkwVYZ9

Traits: Vengeful, Paranoid, Arbitrary, Witch

Education: Intrigue

Sexuality: Bisexual

Culture: Han (unless you're using a mod that allows for Japanese, but I'm sure our Vikings wouldn't know the difference)

Faith: Asatru

Taken far from her homeland by raiders, Erika was forced to survive and thrive by her wits alone, and she has plenty of those. She will happily make herself useful to her liege by rooting out and punishing all his enemies. Even if her liege doesn't have any enemies, that won't stop her from finding enemies to expose and punish in order to prove her loyalty and usefulness.

PS. Voting Witch-Wife, let's start a coven.

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Erika's first goal: Befriend Angrboda. Us witches have to stick together, after all.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Sensing the importance of insinuating herself in a growing faction of influence, Erika lends her support to the Hidden Wisdom faction, and in order to further the witchcraft-based goals of the faction offers to assist Vemundr's efforts to become a Witch by teaching him some of her eastern rituals for uncovering hidden truths.

As an aside, I'm not entirely familiar with how languages work in CK3 but I've been operating under the assumption that Erika has been in the custody of viking traders for enough years at this point that she'd speak Norse well enough. If that's not the case I should probably get around to learning that at some point.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Well, this was certainly an unexpected turn of events. Erika was prepared to prove her value and earn her life with her great intelligence, but that these people would invite her to speak for their gods? Well, no sense letting an opportunity go to waste.

Erika bowed before Thoke, the formal words of the Norse tongue still awkward in her mouth. "My chieftain, I exist only to serve. If it is your will, I would be honored to speak for the gods on your behalf. I humbly accept."

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Erika nods along with the Chancelor's words. "Vémundr speaks well. While our men are raiding, they cannot protect our home. With Christians still at our back, we should raid closer to home. We can strike quickly, and more quickly return with our spoils to put them to use. Britania is the best target." Those who know her well can hear Erika's paranoia showing through.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I suppose after helping Vemundr become a witch, Erika would turn to properly learning Norse

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

AJ_Impy posted:

Ziegedame, any objections to the Chancellor and Godi pursuing a marital tie?

No objections here.

Out of character: Vermundr is marrying a vengeful and paranoid witch. Let's hope nothing happens that makes him regret it! :D

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

AJ_Impy posted:

For his own schemes, Seducing or romancing Erika to strengthen their bond,

Oh boy, you went for it!

Marriage, as a political paring for security and power, is one thing. Love is another matter entirely. Erika is far too paranoid to simply accept Vemundr's advances as face value. While she does not reject this scheme outright, she will impede it's progress by setting a series of increasingly outlandish and arbitrary tasks for her new husband to prove his love.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Oh didn't realize I'd be the head of the faction. Hidden Wisdom Suggestions: Uncover secrets in nearby Christian courts in Iceland, Britannia, and France if we can manage it; Use this knowledge to spread discord at strife across the Christian realms, if they waste their strength fighting each other they will be much easier pickings for our raiders.
I'll leave any other suggestions open for Vemundr. I will add, though, that this suggestion is totally compatible with the goal of uniting Iceland, and getting the two Christian counts to fight each other would make for good practice.

On a personal level, Erika will attempt to teach Sinech Witchcraft. Gotta get that coven spreading to the next generation.

Also, baby names! If it's a girl, Erika will name her daughter Fredrika

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

AJ_Impy posted:

For the Hidden Wisdom demands, Vemundr proposes Learn the way of Siedr and Bring war to the Christians, pending Erika's approval or alteration as current faction head.

Approval Granted! Though it seems likely that last one is gonna happen either way.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
This whole "Christians not wanting to convert" thing is a real black mark on Erika's reputation. Makes her look bad at her job. Once she has finished helping the Jarl with his studies, Erika is going to prove how smart and capable she is by engaging Abdullah in theological debate.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Finnish Flasher posted:

Sounds like this would increase her learning if successful, sound good?

That makes sense. Do unladed characters have Piety/Prestige? The 'winner' could get some of that, too. Depending on how well or terribly this goes it could also make progress towards friendship/rivalry.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Mechanical question: if Vemundr is given land, he'd still be part of the court as a councilor, but he'd also have his own court, and take all his unladed family there, and they would no longer be able to hold positions in Thoke's council? Is that right?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Finnish Flasher posted:

Unfortunately no, women can't be given land yet. We would need to reform our faith.

Hmm, we should probably get on that then. Suggestion: Gather information on the current holders of the Asatru holy sites, and conquer some rich lands in the general vicinity of one of them.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
But look at that holy site in Norway all fractured and alone. Surely we can have one holy site, as a treat.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Adding my weight to alliance talk. He doesn't have anything we want (yet) (even if we could win that fight), but there's no reason to go so far as bending the knee. Also, if looks like his intrigue score is crap, so if he ever becomes a real problem, we've got options.

As for personal schemes. Erika thinks it's time to turn her attention to the next generation, and will begin instructing her children in the seiđr ways. (Is this even necessary or will children raised by witches automatically get the witch trait when they come of age?)

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Sense the need to get serious about theological business, Erika will switch to The Faction for the Betterment of Austrland and suggest that we incorporate an Asatru holy site into the Jarldom, and convert someone, anyone, to our faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
My only regret is that all the murders I did will forever remain a secret.