Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

so what happened between the ex suzuki-gun matches and this

obv shingo won that again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

drat, had to miss Dash live, here in time to see Shingo at least, will go back and catch up on the show.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Shingo has outwitted okada here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Thauros posted:

Jay challenged Hikuleo to a Loser Leaves Japan match

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

drat, had to miss Dash live, here in time to see Shingo at least, will go back and catch up on the show.

It's a really good show, lots of poo poo happened :supaburn:

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Thauros posted:

Jay White’s apartment hunting in Orlando

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Let Okada challenge for the KOPW title!

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
That was a really fun show. Good night, all.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Took them five years but stuff finally happened at New Years Dash again. I love Just Four Guys

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I love Just Four Guys

No need to constrain yourself, you can love as many guys as you like :)

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Big fan of lime green sparkly suit guy behind the Japanese commentary table.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

with jay out the door and HoT basically it's own thing 90% of the time i'm surprised and kinda relieved they didn't make zack the new bc leader. this makes KENTA the top guy in the rgular unit unless they sign a new foreigner high enough to slot there

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Sure glad I watched the show before listening to WOR because Dave just spoiled that Kenny was booked for New Years Dash.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Haven't caught up with the thread yet, but my thoughts on the show
- Ren getting a murder grandad to go with his murder-dad is fun
- TMDK all fuckin day, now they have a pin taker. Glad the Zack/Fujita stuff went somewhere
- Just Four Guys is such a great team name, also DOUKI's winning a belt hell yeah
- jfc why is YOH getting another title shot. It's Yoh, we all know he's going to gently caress it
- Jay going Strong-exlusive for a while so he can come back as a face? Rest of BC looked kind of uneasy at how unhinged he is
- Shingo winning is cool but I was rooting for SHO
- Main event would have hit waaaay harder if Okada came out first. Like, it wasn't a shock Okada was going to be there, it was a shock that Kenny was

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Thauros posted:

with jay out the door and HoT basically it's own thing 90% of the time i'm surprised and kinda relieved they didn't make zack the new bc leader. this makes KENTA the top guy in the rgular unit unless they sign a new foreigner high enough to slot there

I've always assumed ELP was lined up to be the next leader after Jay

SG Bamboo posted:

- Main event would have hit waaaay harder if Okada came out first. Like, it wasn't a shock Okada was going to be there, it was a shock that Kenny was

Wrong because then we wouldn't have had the Kenny reacting to the coin drop moment

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

i woke up during match but i get this. you don't want your top champ looking secondary to the dude primarily representing another company, and yes while the moment would've been cool who else besides omega realistically could've came out if okada entered first aside from inoki's ghost?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Somebody please succinctly summarize Dash or tell me that in the last five seconds, NJPW World released a mobile app that I can use to watch it at work.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

Somebody please succinctly summarize Dash or tell me that in the last five seconds, NJPW World released a mobile app that I can use to watch it at work.

Ren Narita joined Neo Suzuki-gun
Taichi, Taka, Kanemaru and DOUKI are Just Four Guys hanging out
Zack adopted a Young Boy for TMDK
Shooter did his Violence Dad's entrance
Jay's going to NXT
Shingo's the old and new KOPW
Kenny and Okada teamed up in the main

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

That NYD has convinced me to carry my subscription on.
With AEW starting, WK going to 2 nights and weakening the event, and the pandemic era (especially when House of Torture started, jesus), I did not keep up with New Japan at all but kept the sub to help them out over covid I guess.
I was set to cancel my sub but the faction shake-up and integration of the young lions coming back from excursion has got me excited.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Ren Narita joined Neo Suzuki-gun

What's Neo Suzuki-gun? Is Suzuki just like "well now that my faction is done, time to start my faction!!!!!!"

Rarity posted:

Jay's going to NXT

Don't gently caress with me, is he really leaving.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also when will their fellow MDK member Nick Gage be joining ZSJ and company in New Japan?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Thauros posted:

i woke up during match but i get this. you don't want your top champ looking secondary to the dude primarily representing another company, and yes while the moment would've been cool who else besides omega realistically could've came out if okada entered first aside from inoki's ghost?

Former leader of CHAOS Shinsuke Nakamura, clearly

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Jay White challenged Hikuleo to a Loser Leaves Japan match so he’s getting the Papa H Point

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

MJeff posted:

I just assumed he'd be doing Strong/Impact stuff for a while

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jay vs Hikuleo is a loser leaves Japan match.

Suzuki and Desperado saved Ren Narita from The House but haven’t been established as a faction yet unlike JUST FOUR GUYS

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SG Bamboo posted:

I just assumed he'd be doing Strong/Impact stuff for a while

New Japan contracts do typically run out at the end of January :thunkher:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

What's Neo Suzuki-gun? Is Suzuki just like "well now that my faction is done, time to start my faction!!!!!!"

Jay is doing a Loser Leaves Japan match with Hikuleo. And considering how little time Jay spent in Japan the last 3 years...

Ren Narita was in the opening 6 man against House of Torture with Honma & someone else so riveting I have forgotten who. Afterwards HoT started beating up Ren & then the crowd gasp as Minoru Suzuki runs out to save him. And then El Desperado runs out to even the numbers, & Ren looked really confused but almost left with the other 2. Meanwhile Zack & TMDK have adopted a Young Lion, Kosei Fujita, into their group

I think we'll know more about Suzuki & Friends when the post-match interviews go up on Youtube. Although he's already got a new Suzukigun type faction going in All Japan, with Naruki Doi & Hokuto Omori. So he's getting around. Guess he's got to take all those pay days to pay for the socks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just want Jay to go somewhere, anywhere else. I think he'd probably be pretty good in AEW or Impact, but also, gently caress it, if he just wants to gently caress off into the WWE vortex and have a 30 minute match with Roman Reigns where they do nothing but talk at each other, talk to the camera, talk to the crowd and do headlocks, fine, go, do it, just stop doing it in New Japan.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MJeff posted:

I just want Jay to go somewhere, anywhere else. I think he'd probably be pretty good in AEW or Impact, but also, gently caress it, if he just wants to gently caress off into the WWE vortex and have a 30 minute match with Roman Reigns where they do nothing but talk at each other, talk to the camera, talk to the crowd and do headlocks, fine, go, do it, just stop doing it in New Japan.

I will be very bummed if we don't get Jay as the babyface in New Japan though :(

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MJeff posted:

minoru suzuki and el desperado ran in to save him from a HoT beatdown after their match. the others are as mentioned just four guys

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

New Japan contracts do typically run out at the end of January :thunkher:

He is booked for Battle in the Valley against Eddie Kingston (spoilers for the people who enjoy Strong) and advertised for upcoming STRONG tapings. That doesn’t rule out a jump to AEW but probably does an NXT one.

I think he’s just done with clap crowds and his work is suffering from it imo so needs a little reset

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/thesuperjcast/status/1610970473705402368

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

forkboy84 posted:

I will be very bummed if we don't get Jay as the babyface in New Japan though :(

Me too but also they've been teasing that poo poo for like three years and I am so tired of waiting for it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MJeff posted:

Me too but also they've been teasing that poo poo for like three years and I am so tired of waiting for it.

Well I mean, there's been this whole pandemic for the last 3 years. It'd be a waste having Jay turning when ¾ of the shows are still clap crowds

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
AEW is bursting with talent already, Impact is pointless and the fed is bad so I’ll hope Jay sticks around in NJPW

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Seams posted:

AEW is bursting with talent already, Impact is pointless and the fed is bad so I’ll hope Jay sticks around in NJPW

Maybe he does ROH when their weekly show kicks in?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Reading the backstage comments, Shota challenged Naito to a singles. I imagine that will slot under Shingo/Okada and we get a sick LIJ vs Okada and Shota match on one of the tour shows.

Desperado’s comments to Ren sound like they’re not proposing a unit but a temporary alliance to take on The House

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/Tak_fedor/status/1610982743181230080?s=20

Someone did what Akira said & took a picture!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Desperado’s comments to Ren sound like they’re not proposing a unit but a temporary alliance to take on The House

I wouldn't expect it to stay temporary once Suzuki sees Ren's commitment to violence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

So I thought Fantasticamania was meant to be back this year?

Oh, it's February this year