Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bills? Bengals?
This poll is closed.
Bills 9 23.68%
Bengals 7 18.42%
Billgals 9 23.68%
Bengills 13 34.21%
Total: 25 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
ESPN's Ben Baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Genuinely shocked that they eventually sorta kinda did the right thing tonight

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Was it a particularly hard hit? Did he take it primarily in the chest area? I don't want to seek out the video out of respect.

It looked like a tackle you saw a hundred times this weekend. Distressingly routine.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Hobo Clown posted:

It was like 15 minutes before. Ziggler dropped ten elbows directly on Jerry’s chest and the heart attack happened the following match
oh

still though, I have real doubts that the elbows actually caused the heart attack, mostly because they said that's what happened on TV and made a storyline out of it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Was it a particularly hard hit? Did he take it primarily in the chest area? I don't want to seek out the video out of respect.

The only thing at all strange about that play was 2 seconds after the play ended Hamlin stumbled backwards and then fell onto the ground. The hit/tackle was utterly innocuous-looking -- at least as innocuous as it gets in the NFL, anyway.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

gently caress that is not good

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

He makes a tackle and gets up afterwards, then kind of just stumbles and falls over backwards. It just looks like a normal tackle and then he's just down again. It's actually a lot more unnerving for how mundane it is.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

sweet thursday posted:

There's a guy named Bruce in the stands who funneled 6 parking lot beers and thought he had 4 quarters to sober up

this was my first thought when i saw the crowd exiting the stands

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Fentry posted:

Players were 100% saying "gently caress this"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Lisa and Booger sound absolutely shook and Schefter is a robot

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
jesus christ

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Fentry posted:

Still going to hand it to the coaches for this one. Bengals coach coming to McDermott makes me respect the team more than I already did. Go bills, Go Bengos.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oh dope posted:

I'm pretty sure (I'm hoping) he's talking about Owen Hart. When Owen fell, he landed on his chest, and Jerry was one of the first people there to begin trying to save him. Owen basically internally bled to death, I dunno if that counts as "cardiac arrest"

No, Lawler had a heart attack not long after a hard hit to the chest. It was delayed but pretty sure they did confirm that taking a hard hit to the chest was the cause.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

it was a routine tackle, he took the advancing receivers shoulder into his chest area before both went to the ground

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Officially postponed. Closing the thread. Probably more appropriate for the NV or aftermath threads at this point.

Jesus christ.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Crazy Ted posted:

I wonder if it took this long to suspend the game because they needed to figure out the logistics of how to deal with a suspended game in a late-season situation.

Hopefully in some way that is respectful to the players, is sensitive to the situation and somehow kicks the Buccs out of the postseason

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

pmchem posted:

back in 1994 formula one, Senna and another driver died during a race. which was restarted multiple times and ultimately finished.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_San_Marino_Grand_Prix

closest comparative I can think of

Australian cricketer Phil Hughes was hit on the neck by a cricket ball, collaped on the field and died a few days later. Super scary poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Lisa and Booger sound absolutely shook and Schefter is a robot

Joe and Troy have barely been holding it together. You can tell by Buck's voice he wanted this game called like 45 minutes ago...