Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Wiltsghost posted:

i dunno who this is talking to svp but i like him

Ryan Clark, who played DB mostly for pittsburgh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Also worth remembering that Ryan Clark has some real first hand experience, he nearly died from a ruptured spleen playing at Mile High cause he has sickle cell.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

the shamelessness really is astounding

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Awesome

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

The most gnarly thing about the Clint Malarchuck thing is that he skated off under his own power and said afterward something to the effect of "I didn't want my mother to watch me die on the ice"

Adrenaline is a hell of a drug.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Another blast from the past: The guy who rescued "Baby Jessica" from the well ended up getting PTSD & other mental health problems from the incident, and later committed suicide. This even though Baby Jessica herself suffered no long-term physical effects from her fall down the well - she's a married Special Ed teacher with kids. Just the pressure of the rescue itself had an enormous affect on the guy who did it.

Just being around physical trauma or high-stakes situations like that can really mess a person up.

I read an article about Malarchuck because of this thread, he's ok now and did the whole 'Become a born again Christian with a book and a speaking tour" thing but he only got diagnosed with PTSD because he shot himself in the head and somehow survived that as well, and that's what got him to the right therapist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I accidentally watched a replay of Steven Stamkos catching an edge and smashing his shin against the goal post. That was the bad one for me. No more gross replays