Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Does Cincinnati have that many folding tables?

The National Guard is airlifting in an emergency supply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

acidx posted:

What about a cardiac arrest would damage your lungs? And can that tell us anything about brain damage?

ianad, but Fiz's first effortpost mentioned brain death is the big talking point, but other organs are damaged permanently pretty quickly without oxygen as well. No idea if the lungs are high up on the list of things affected.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Already been said a bunch, but it's amazing how big a relief this is.

beep by grandpa posted:

Sudden unconsciousness or head trauma is so wild to try to visualize for me. From Hamlin's perspective, prob he was just out there playing football, got hit, stood up, felt woozy, blacks out, wakes up in hospital.

Same. Did his brain go from making that tackle to suddenly being in a fog with someone saying "squeeze my hand if you can understand me"? If he has any conscious thought to suss out what the gently caress happened, he has to assume it was some sort of awful tackle with possible spinal damage, not a one in a billion chance his heart stopped from a routine tackle.

Either way, so loving bizarre to time travel from the first quarter of the game to all of a sudden you're waking up and seeing "pray for #3" everywhere.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

PainterofCrap posted:

I apologized to each one later. They were just the best.

My wife is an RT, and, based on her stories, apologizing instead of doubling down and staying angry would immediately put you in the top half of patients she deals with.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

asking if he won the game was pretty badass but i'm just saying he missed a huge opportunity that i'll have to take up where if i ever wake up in a hospital bed all kitted out to machines, my first words will be "where is padme? is she safe?" (if i ever get hosed up so bad i wake up in 2005)

"Is Butterbean OK?"

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Amazing

FizFashizzle posted:

Bunch of Bills medical staff are never paying for a beer again.

:hmmyes: Burn this face into your brain, Buffalo goons

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1611121121142931456

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Toaster Beef posted:

Whether he plays again is going to come down to a) whether he's mentally okay with it

For me this would be the biggest part of it, especially since it was such a routine play. If it was some freak accident like one of the wires from the sky view camera snapped and hit him in the chest to cause it that would be one thing, but as a safety in the NFL there's a pretty good chance he'll be expected to make routine tackles again if he can/wants to return.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

from the replies to this i seem to remember something from a very long time ago about a dude (hockey goal keeper? i seem to recall him being by the net) who basically got his throat slit by an ice skate or something and the ice looked like an execution took place

Did they just clean up the blood and finish after this? I imagine they have some procedures in place for biohazard cleanup, but, uh, maybe not at that scale. Although depending on how long ago it was maybe that wasn't as big a concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Sash! posted:

You just do a lot of zamboni-ing.

Seriously.

It happened about 15 years ago to another guy and there was only like a 15 minute delay

That makes sense, but still kind of surprising. Between that and having been at two different hockey games where someone getting checked broke the glass, it is impressive how little downtime there is for fixing issues with the rink during hockey games.