Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

I believe that Joe Buck repeated what was being told to him in his earpiece, and I also believe that this information he was given was possibly inaccurate, and most of all I believe that there is no actual 5 minute warmup controversy and both head coaches and the players would all tell you the same thing, that they were all treated respectfully on the field and were not being actually ordered to go out there and start playing again at any time. Because if they were, we'd actually have heard about it by now.

I think folks want to find something to be mad about and are grasping at straws, basically. Information passed through the TV production system to the announcers isn't always totally accurate. Nobody should be mad at Joe Buck or anyone else.

If it's accurate that Joe Burrow was throwing passes on the sideline I doubt he was having a game of catch for fun at that point. So I believe the 5 minute thing was said at some point to someone.

Just then thankfully the coaches said what the hell are we doing here and got together and walked off the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

I've lost consciousness a bunch of times

Since we're doing story time I think the only time I've truly lost consciousness from trauma (other than wisdom teeth) was when I was sleeping in the back end of my friend's SUV with a bunch of other people and he decided to go offroading, which is a perfectly acceptable very dumb teenage thing to do. He went over a huge hill to jump it at like 60 mph, I flew up and hit the roof and then slammed down once again on my head on the floor. I was out, no one knew what was up until we got back to his place.

When we got back and I kinda came to and they opened up the back to check on me I was like, please just stop the car and I'll be ok. My other buddy who is the true hero of the story did the Naked Gun joke of telling me I was going to be just fine before pulling the blanket I was tangled up in over my face.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mdemone posted:

Oh really? I have not watched the play because I don't like to look at such things, but I had just kinda assumed that contact to his chest was evident. Is that not the case?

Yeah he got hit in the chest. It's a play you've seen a thousand times without consequence. For whatever reason it went very wrong this time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pseudodragon posted:

You'd have to ban every ball sport where the ball travels into the general vicinity of a person like tennis, racquetball, squash, etc too.

You will not take Jai Alai away from me! (you should probably take that one first just in case)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Clint Malarchuk had severe PTSD after his injury.

Don't look it up if you've never seen it.

Or do if you want to see how much blood you can lose and still survive if you've got an ex-army medic right behind you (no really don't look it up).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Napoleon. McCallum. :stonk:

This was a bad one. It's relaxing to fall into chat about injuries of yore now that Hamlin is probably going to be all right.

Ankle dislocations are fun in the worst way, I remember Jason Kendall stepping on first base the wrong way and his foot just flopping all over the place in every direction but the right one.