Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I have nothing other to say right now than Jesus Christ... :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Rags to Liches posted:

SVP sounded shook up :(

Everyone other than Schefter has sounded and looked rightly shocked and horrified by this. Booger was clearly very broken up, while Buck and Aikman's voices clearly indicated they wanted this cancelled as soon as the ambulance was leaving.

Lisa Salters is live on ESPN right now and clearly on the verge of tears.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Joey Freshwater posted:

Feels kinda gross to keep showing the replays of the players on field crying

I think they're showing that in lieu of showing Hamlin collapsing again. I don't think ESPN has replayed that in about an hour...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Pimpcasso posted:

Yeah honestly I tuned in late and they never showed him going down

If you or anyone else wants to, taken from the GBS thread, but I'm not going to inline it:

:nms::nms::nms:

code:
https://youtu.be/r1Z9Vd53yhI
:nms::nms::nms:

As others have said, it's not graphic. It's a normal looking play, he stands up, and then just falls down. Stuff like Tua earlier this season seemed worse in the moment, But obviously, we don't know what the gently caress happened with Hamlin...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Wiltsghost posted:

i dunno who this is talking to svp but i like him

Ryan Clark, former Pittsburgh and Washington safety.

Clark is normally kinda dumb, but he nearly died after playing a game in Denver due to a sickle cell issue, and after that could never play games in Denver again.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Over 600k now.

TheKevman posted:

I'm in, least I can do

Same. Almost $700K now...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ryan Clark is speaking real right now.

Yeah, he's been outstanding under the circumstances. Really, everyone on ESPN tonight other than Schefter.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

kidcoelacanth posted:

the last time i felt this lovely limbo state was when ryan newman got sent to the loving moon at daytona and we all thought he was dead for an hour

Yeah, I had the exact same feeling.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m not super familiar with him but I absolutely love the dude now. Totally won me over there. Him and SVP both are handling this by being real as gently caress and it’s great.

I never really liked him in the past when he was doing actual analyst talk, but yeah, he's been outstanding tonight given the situation.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Lifespan posted:

Pushing this again. Dude almost died playing a game that we have fun watching and talking about and this cash ends up buying toys for kids in need. Drop spare change out of your Paypal, $5, $10, whatever, lets blow this up.

$784K now

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Yes, he's forgiven :jerkbag:

gently caress that guy and I hope ESPN fires him tonight

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Schefter just mentioned this on ESPN. It's over $900K now.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Malloc Voidstar posted:

he doesn't work for ESPN, it's a fake account

Then can Jesus fire him?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

It's over $1 million now.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

whos that broooown posted:

Please don't post Charlie Kirk in this thread, tia

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Docjowles posted:

I cannot get over how amazing Clark's commentary is. How did they just immediately get this guy out of nowhere and he's spitting the realest poo poo I've ever heard

He’s been with ESPN since he retired in 2015, and was often the guy they had with SVP after MNF to talk about the game on SportsCenter, along with their other NFL stuff. It’s kind of a crazy coincidence that he’s arguably the best ex-NFL player in the media to be on hand to talk about a life and death situation like this.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Surprised Kraft didn’t use that as a chance to make a 28-3 reference

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

18 is a traditional number for good luck and life for Jews.

Okay, that makes more sense then.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Great news

Modern medicine does work wonders

:emptyquote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl55gVXsBZE

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

adaz posted:

is -2 like "drunk enough to eat taco bell" or -2 more like "drunk enough to poo poo yourself" because well maybe i've been at both but it's important context

“Drunk enough to eat Taco Bell” and “drunk enough to poo poo yourself” sound like the same thing.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Holy poo poo, that’s amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Fellatio del Toro posted:

on the other hand, no one wants to be the second guy to kill Hamlin, so that's gonna give you an advantage

Counterpoint: The NFL is full of enough psychopaths that would view “My tackle/block killed a dude” as an accomplishment.

I’m pretty sure horrible people like Taylor Lewan, or going back a bit Richie Incognito, would be proud of it.