Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

fartknocker posted:

Everyone other than Schefter has sounded and looked rightly shocked and horrified by this. Booger was clearly very broken up, while Buck and Aikman's voices clearly indicated they wanted this cancelled as soon as the ambulance was leaving.

Lisa Salters is live on ESPN right now and clearly on the verge of tears.

Booger looked like he was holding back tears. You know he was thinking of his past play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

@PagnattiJrESPN looks to be gone now.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Tom Tucker posted:

NFL wanted to get the game going again...? Wow.

Also this is apparently just the Bad Take Super Bowl. These people have brain poisoning where they think they are expected, nay, relied upon to offer their insight into everything, and can't turn it off. Hopefully the microphone is turned off for them.

There's speculation that that was just the normal rule after a major injury and that there wasn't anything in place for "Player nearly dies on field"

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I. M. Gei posted:

He also wasn't breathing on his own for some time, which makes me wonder if his brain didn't get oxygen during that time.

Hopefully they were getting him air early.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

sharknado slashfic posted:

Is anyone on twitter real anymore?

Twitter people are especially not-real

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Napoleon. McCallum. :stonk:

I remember watching one injury from many years back where a college player (probably a WR) ran into one of those cargo carts behind the endzone and you could see the compound fracture starting. I think it was during a bowl game.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

That sounds right. As someone who's got multiple things wrong with their legs, it makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

korrandark posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfGqU5Mdeuo

Found it. It was as awful as I remember.

Yeah, and I remember the cart was yellow too of all things. That was horrible to watch. Apparently just a regular season game so I have no idea why I was watching it.

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 17, 2023