Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

I know this isn't important at all but like... theres no way the Bills can even be ready to play by Sunday right let alone making up the Bengals game?

I know I certainly couldn't.

If this turns out to be the case, I think we get a league wide pause of all week 18 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Also, we all like Football. Like, really really really like football. The fact that a football player can die from a normal football hit is mega disturbing and most of us have never had to confront that reality before.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Not surprising, there’s always going to be wrong reports during something crazy like this. It’s not maliciously done or anything, it’s just what happens when emotions are high during a stressful event.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Damar Hamilin Collaspes: Military Dental Megathread

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Let him pick the new owner of the Commanders.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Let him own the Commanders.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Uhhh, somebody’s trying to raise money for Hamlin’s charity. If you don’t want see what they’re offering, the twitter handle is probably all you need to know…

:nws:
code:
 https://twitter.com/urinalchicks/status/1612107474584100864

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 8, 2023

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

thats dumb as hell

So everyone that saw it live or on TV should have to have PTSD flashbacks to the incident when this celebration occurs in the game? Removing it is the correct thing to do.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

I could easily see Hamlin's family begging him not to play any more. They watched him collapse and apparently die in front of them. That's traumatic.

Chris Borland walked away from an incredibly promising and lucrative career because he became fully aware of the CTE risks and decided it wasn't worth it. Plenty of other athletes have done the same. We'll see what Hamlin and his family want, what the docs tell him, etc. and ultimately if he's physically able to play, he'll have to make a pretty tough decision. That decision will probably be tougher if he gets a lot of pressure, however well-intentioned, from fans and teammates to complete the feelgood comeback narrative that is so deeply culturally ingrained.

Didn’t Andrew Luck do the same? I think he got sick of the injuries, made all the money he could ever want anyway, and just quit to go fishing on his farm all day long. Can’t blame him in the slightest either.