Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sudden unconsciousness or head trauma is so wild to try to visualize for me. From Hamlin's perspective, prob he was just out there playing football, got hit, stood up, felt woozy, blacks out, wakes up in hospital. Luckily merciful from his perspective, if that makes sense to anyone. Will have to have what happened to him explained, he won't even know how much time has passed. So crazy to think about.

Hopefully he doesn't have any permanent damage (though 10min with no oxygen to the brain uh isn't great...) but if he is able to make a full recovery I do think about the cool moment it will be where he learns about the success of his charity drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

The doctors told him " You did, you won the game of life" if the internet is to be believed.

This is the lamest poo poo I've ever heard in my entire life, but at least being a good at being a badass doctor/nurse and saves lives overrides their knowing the right thing to say at a key moment lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

asking if he won the game was pretty badass but i'm just saying he missed a huge opportunity that i'll have to take up where if i ever wake up in a hospital bed all kitted out to machines, my first words will be "where is padme? is she safe?" (if i ever get hosed up so bad i wake up in 2005)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I am loving all of your stories and want to hear more, as I said in a post a few pages back post, this stuff is fascinating to me. This might sound awful and I don't know if I'm alone here but I know that one of my favorite tropes in comedy is a well timed hard-cut+jump forward in time. So a lot of head trauma stories from the perspective of someone who got rocked in the head can be extremely funny from how cartoonish they sound (as long as they were ok). Hearing Kumaru Usman's recollection of being KO'd by a headkick this year and to the best of my recollection he described it like ;

Kumaru Usman, I did my best to remember, posted:

"Alright, he's throwing jabs, so I do my thing. I've got him. I see the right comin, I step to my right and imma get him after the this one. I see the left comin, and I'll step to my left.. And then I'm sitting in an ambulance talking to an EMT asking me if I know what day it is today."

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Hope they fire whatever dipshit doctor came up with that you won the game of life line. Terrible, you only get so many chances to hit that line and you waste it on that trash. Be better.

Absolutely.

Literally the next thing out of any competitor/athlete,who has likely already pieced together that they're alive, will be "ok. but who won."

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If I almost (and briefly did) die on a field and woke up from sedation and some rear end in a top hat said that to me after I spent an agonizing eternity writing that question while being unable to speak, I'd be making the deadliest hector salamanca angry faces you could ever imagine

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Maybe he really do got that dawg in him :h:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I bet he plays opening day 2023. Good for him.

gently caress, that is going to be emotional (if it happens, he may discover he has some underlying condition but hopefully not)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

you are extremely annoying and trying to make the thread about yourself for some weird reason just minutes after the best possible news everyone in this thread/sports world has been anxiously waiting to hear since 9pm Monday. something to think about.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

BonoMan posted:

This is not at all what he was saying and honestly these responses to his posts are stupider than the original.

Part of comedy + jokes is embellishment :ssh:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1612820627752099843?t

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

thats dumb as hell
We all saw the video footage of the players circled around watching the medical staff perform CPR on their friend and teammate when he was down and a good number of the players watching broke off from the circle and broke down, some dropping to their knees in tears. Do I need to say anything more.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

They can just patch it back in if they want to, that is if this doesn't turn into some giant stupid culture war poo poo where suddenly thousands of people absolutely NEEEED to watch a 2 second cpr animation celebration

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Oh

Duh

We're all stupid. They took it out so people won't try to do it literally with the Bills and Hamlin and try to go viral with it. Obv that'd be a really bad look

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Cthulu Carl posted:

Like when Fortnite had NFL jerseys and there was a bunch of people running around in Hernandez jerseys gunning people down?

Holy poo poo lmao

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I dunno about any of you but ever since this happened I keep thinking about how mentally hosed up i would be literally forever if at 24yrs old I had a man run into me and my heart stopped and i loving died

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Clint Malarchuk had severe PTSD after his injury.

Don't look it up if you've never seen it.

from the replies to this i seem to remember something from a very long time ago about a dude (hockey goal keeper? i seem to recall him being by the net) who basically got his throat slit by an ice skate or something and the ice looked like an execution took place

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

go type in Zamboni Oil Leak into google images to see a very unfortunate coincidence :laugh:

(I really hope i'm the first to show some of you this)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Nvm bebunked:

https://twitter.com/HamlinIsland/status/1614672586394181634?t=

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 15, 2023

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lifespan posted:

I wasn't able to watch, was he not at the Bills game last weekend?
on this very page, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I know this thread has run its course but just wondering if anyone else but me has a lot of historic plane crash simulation recreations/retellings in their youtube feed now as a result of some earlier posts in this thread lol