Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Wiltsghost posted:

dude deleted his account lol

he put up some bullshit "prayers for hamlin" tweet after he deleted the other one lmao better start polishing up the resume, rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

lol gently caress you buddy

https://twitter.com/PagnattiJrESPN/status/1610107323787218944?cxt=HHwWgMC8yZGFoNgsAAAA

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I'd like to whip a battery at Skip's face

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

NFL wanted to get the game going again...? Wow.

Nah I think that was just the refs following standard protocol, they can't do anything different unless basically Roger Goodell tells them otherwise. Luckily both teams said "gently caress this".

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

Ah that's good at least - good on them either way for just walking off. That seems like an easy 5-minute zoom call, though, if you're Goodell.

I remember the refs tried to call off the Bottlegate game with 48 seconds left on the clock and Paul Tagliabue forced them to get the players back out there to take a couple knees after a 20 minute delay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I really don't want to give the impression that I'm going to the mat for the NFL but...I feel like the process of actually canceling a game like this is probably more complicated than Goodell just making a phone call? I just hope that they told the players right away that they were getting that process started and that they wouldn't have to play, that's really all that matters.

Yeah I'd imagine the refs have some sort of league contact available during any game for emergencies, but even that guy can't make a decision of this magnitude so you have to get ahold of Goodell personally