Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Cavauro posted:

important fact made by and stolen from the smartest website in existence

Seattle data point checks out. Geno had a lot of panic inducing throws I watched that fortunately ended up on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Diva Cupcake posted:

I’m curious where Darnold heads after this season. He’s an UFA and he’s not exactly the swing for the fences option that Tepper is looking for.

I’m guessing Colts or Rams.

Why would the Rams sign Darnold

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cavauro posted:

Dak Prescott throws a soft, catchable interception. If it comes your way you're gettin' it.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Show me the list of incompletes almost thrown that were turned into a pick by great ball handling. Buffalo and KC would be pretty high up there.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cavauro posted:

Carr sucks lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

I’m curious where Darnold heads after this season. He’s an UFA and he’s not exactly the swing for the fences option that Tepper is looking for.

I’m guessing Colts or Rams.

Colts are gonna draft a QB. There is no way they keep doing what they've been doing after this year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

Stafford has a horrible injury history for quarterbacks - lower back and throwing arm and they got caught flat footed when he went down this year. If they're trying to get another run in they can't afford to drop three games if Stafford gets another tweak. Darnold has been effective this year just managing a run heavy attack and hitting flooding crossing patterns that McVay schemes up better than anyone. He's also surprisingly a decent running threat when he wants to be. Darnold is never going to live up to his draft position but he's not a bad option for a team that has an aging QB and or needs a back up for a game or two as a manager.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Carr sucks lol

mvp

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

I think the Rams need a lower cost high upside backup to Stafford and Darnold is young enough that a McVay type might want to see if they can or their system can make him click. It makes sense to me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nodoze posted:

Florio, so grain of salt

Who are the cowards who abstained lol

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1611462020909383681?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

teh chiefs think you should fall in line with the majority on all matters, and only try to control the fate of others

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
please let darnold and baker bounce about on the same teams in some weird backup buddy comedy

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Raiders desperately need to win today for maximum chaos goddamit.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

lol ok

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Eifert Posting posted:

They lose their divisional home game if they lose and the Bengals win.

Weather intentionally or not the rules change pretty much maximizes the overall NFLs incentive to play their week 18 games on the level.

Seems crazy to me to pass on taking a bye right now just for the chance of maybe playing at home instead of the road in two weeks. Especially when your team has the injury problems the Bills have. Imagine losing another secondary stater (to say nothing of Allen).

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Seems crazy to me to pass on taking a bye right now just for the chance of maybe playing at home instead of the road in two weeks. Especially when your team has the injury problems the Bills have. Imagine losing another secondary stater (to say nothing of Allen).

I think with the game they had last week, they absolutely need to play their starters today to build some psychological confidence back in. I won't be surprised if starters start getting pulled at the half especially if its 2+ scores in their favor, but they will start Allen and the guys to get mentally back in the game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not much of a surprise really, but who wants Slant Boy? Because he's probably going to be available.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1611760928466558977

I wonder what his market will be, very productive player up until...2019 and then just kaput due to injuries. He could theoretically get healthy again, I'd imagine someone will kick the tires.

I mean if you want to imagine there's not a whole lot of wear and tear on him if his stuff gets fixed because he hasn't been doing anything for 3 years.

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
That sounds like the platonic ideal of a Ravens free agency WR target, provided they can find enough money for him.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Grittybeard posted:

Not much of a surprise really, but who wants Slant Boy? Because he's probably going to be available.

I wonder what his market will be, very productive player up until...2019 and then just kaput due to injuries. He could theoretically get healthy again, I'd imagine someone will kick the tires.

I mean if you want to imagine there's not a whole lot of wear and tear on him if his stuff gets fixed because he hasn't been doing anything for 3 years.

He'll come to the Titans. Washed up receivers come here to die; Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Julio Jones.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

Loomis is salary cappin’ as usual.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

He already did nothing for 2 years and that amount of rest bought him 3 games before his foot exploded again and he went on season ending IR. Surely someone will take a shot on him. But a GM that offers anything than a massively incentive-based contract is nuts.

Pimpcasso posted:

He'll come to the Titans. Washed up receivers come here to die; Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Julio Jones.

He will replace Agholor in New England as our next extremely regrettable and foreseeable free agent bust. Because our GM is nuts. Agholor goes (back) to the Raiders.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 7, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think WR Mike Thomas is on the ravens practice squad so i hope they keep him and add michael thomas

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I feel like recurrent foot injuries for wide receivers are a huge no go

I imagine he’ll get a heavily incentivized contract.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Even if he's recovered from the injuries there's a strong chance that these injuries have permanently detracted from his speed/agility -- not to mention turning 30 in a couple months.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Michael Thomas is too young for the Ravens, they are probably giving Ted Ginn a shot to rotate with DJax or something

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Agreed. Besides, the Ravens have their own oft injured slant boy in Rashod Bateman.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Thomas averaged like 1350 yards a year his first four seasons, I’m sure someone will take a chance on him even with the scary injury history.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Were Michael Thomas's injuries significant? I kind of assumed he was malingering a bit on (a) bad team(s), but I guess the Saints have not been super newsworthy after Brees retired, so I have not been paying too much attention to their situation.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Pain of Mind posted:

Were Michael Thomas's injuries significant? I kind of assumed he was malingering a bit on (a) bad team(s), but I guess the Saints have not been super newsworthy after Brees retired, so I have not been paying too much attention to their situation.

The Saints went 12-4 in 2020 and he still missed most of that season so if he is malingering I don’t think the team being bad was the reason.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Woah, I'm a huge NFL fan and Randy Moss was on the TITANS?!

Totally forgot about that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hizawk posted:

Huh. Also for 8 actual games, I thought he might have just been a preseason guy.

He, uh, got 16 targets in those 8 games and caught 6 passes for 80 yards.

I didn't remember that at all either, I thought he went straight to SF after pissing off the Vikings by complaining about their buffet.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
How can you all forget the glory that was the Rusty Smith to Randy Moss connection?!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hizawk posted:

Like Rice on the Seahawks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hizawk posted:

Same.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

FizFashizzle posted:

Like Rice on the Seahawks.

That never happened. :colbert:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah zero recollection of Titans Moss. Would have guessed his career ended during his second Minnesota stint after he insulted the catering.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Was that before or after his Superbowl loss with the 49ers?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rex Ryan breaking down fully into tears on the pregame show over how proud and relieved he was about Hamlin. :gerty:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Was that before or after his Superbowl loss with the 49ers?

Before. Randy started 2010 with the Patriots, I think had some crazy one handed catch over Revis early in the year, then got traded to Minnesota. That got hyped since he was gonna play with Favre and it was thought it would fix a season that wasn’t going well, but only lasted a handful of games before he got waived and the Titans picked him up. He was out of football in 2011, and then showed up with the 49ers in 2012.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
https://twitter.com/davidmooredmn/status/1611827723281784832?s=46&t=Mst06iX5xLXJ2GOX8vWj4A

your reminder that they added a MNF playoff game