Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Like Rice on the Seahawks.

Remember Rice on the Broncos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

FizFashizzle posted:

Like Rice on the Seahawks.

Or Terrell Owens on the Seahawks

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone throwing up a GDT?

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

In lieu of a GDT, I’ll say here that this is the worst National Anthem rendition I’ve yet heard

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Dr_Strangelove posted:

In lieu of a GDT, I’ll say here that this is the worst National Anthem rendition I’ve yet heard

there was a great camera shot of Reid looking like he was in awe of how terrible it was

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Looks like he did just a big line of coke

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Oh Snapple! posted:

there was a great camera shot of Reid looking like he was in awe of how terrible it was

I mean when it starts with “hOw DoIN’” you know it ain’t gonna be good

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dr_Strangelove posted:

I mean when it starts with “hOw DoIN’” you know it ain’t gonna be good

Yeah when dudes voice cracked before he even started singing and he wasn't even wearing #3 I was like ".. ooooh kay"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It starts.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1611850961391357953

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

those poor raider fans look like they wish they were back in prison

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I wonder exactly how they decided the hold-up on interviewing Payton. Waiting till the end of the regular season makes sense I guess, but why an extra week?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
what the absolute gently caress lol
e: not the gdt my fault

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

lets not do that again

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Betwwen the Ttians, Jets, and Dolphins, there have been some pretty spectacular second half collapses this year

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Wait what?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1611884811735687168

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rebuild incoming, already won a Super Bowl, a quarterback on his last legs and a lucrative TV deal waiting for him.

He probably should step away for a few years.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Apparently Peter Schrager said on Bill Simmons podcast this past Thursday that McVay is burnt out and needs a break.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

davecrazy posted:

Apparently Peter Schrager said on Bill Simmons podcast this past Thursday that McVay is burnt out and needs a break.

My broadcast for the tennesse Jacksonville game came back from the break and picked up the panel chatting about it.

All it caught was "it's going to come out, and it's not a surprise after the superbowl last year why wouldn't..."

Which makes me wonder if it's a done deal.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Good, then no one would have to watch it.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

If he wants to take off because they going in to a rebuild, that makes sense, but the team giving him the boot is idiotic because he is actually a good coach.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lifespan posted:

If he wants to take off because they going in to a rebuild, that makes sense, but the team giving him the boot is idiotic because he is actually a good coach.

Nobody is saying he’s in danger of being fired.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Nobody is saying he’s in danger of being fired.

He's going to run off to Denver so he can coach an elite QB...

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
McVay should sit out until Andy Reid retires from the Chiefs.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

McVay retiring and potentially going to TV has been a rumor for months if not a year. And he’s young enough that he can milk a network for a shitload of money and then come back when he sees an opportunity he likes.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Dave posted:

McVay retiring and potentially going to TV has been a rumor for months if not a year. And he’s young enough that he can milk a network for a shitload of money and then come back when he sees an opportunity he likes.

Yeah, it was heavily rumored just after last season that he was considering stepping away and Amazon was willing to back up a truck full of money to have him on Thursday Night Football with Al Michaels.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

fartknocker posted:

Yeah, it was heavily rumored just after last season that he was considering stepping away and Amazon was willing to back up a truck full of money to have him on Thursday Night Football with Al Michaels.

Please let this happen, i hate Herbstreit so much

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Please let this happen, i hate Herbstreit so much

It is personally jarring hearing Herbstreit's voice cause I don't follow college at all. But my friends and I played the living poo poo out of the NCAA Football video games with him and Corso doing voiceover when I was in college myself. So I'm suddenly hearing this dead voice from literally 20 years ago again and it's quite a mind gently caress. But I don't imagine most people have this problem

He seems competent but bland in his TNF role :shrug:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

davecrazy posted:

Hell, same

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

https://twitter.com/rydunleavy/status/1611830615501848576?s=46&t=-VBln12dYmsZqxIKQ2uIvw

https://twitter.com/rydunleavy/status/1611839082094534658?s=46&t=-VBln12dYmsZqxIKQ2uIvw

Davis Webb could possibly be starting the dolphins' win and in playoff game today but instead decided to stay on the giants practice squad so he could die playing behind giants third stringers

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Davis Webb has been in the league 5 years and only played for Jets/Giants/Bills. He probably has roots and just wanted to stay local.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Not to mention he's been with Daboll the past few years and would probably prefer to make his debut in a system he actually knows.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He probably didn't want to get wounded like Glennon.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
The question is whether he'd be at more risk against the shattered remains of the Dolphins defense, or the shattered remains of the Vikings defense.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
gonna say it again, the sheer volume of sports betting ads has utterly ruined my ability to enjoy sports

I can only basically watch Redzone and NHL Gamepass streams now, anything that allows local broadcast commercials must be avoided at all costs

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1612124007226122241?t=zN8b3KbE3lT0S5W-daFVYQ&s=19

What a week for QB play

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I do not wish anyone to get hurt but please let us get Mike Glennon in the Miami game somehow

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I this this is the record for starting QBs in a year now.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If the Bengals lose make them forfeit the coin toss.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Koirhor posted:

gonna say it again, the sheer volume of sports betting ads has utterly ruined my ability to enjoy sports

I can only basically watch Redzone and NHL Gamepass streams now, anything that allows local broadcast commercials must be avoided at all costs

As someone who's only been broadly observing since 2018 and occasionally tunes in for the Super Bowl: sweet jesus I had not realized how bad it had gotten since ChrisMurph v. NCAA (and I had to look up the particulars of that). Those fuckers really are everywhere now, aren't they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

fsif posted:

If the Bengals lose make them forfeit the coin toss.

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1612125858751303684?t=rG34GhZbjmDKlvo9vdSkuQ&s=19

Yeah they are not losing even if they try