Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ElectricSheep posted:

and apparently cheated on her too, which what the gently caress

theres nothing better in this world than getting a beautiful woman to fall in love with you and then neglecting her over the course of a decade or so

jay z, good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Literally A Person posted:

Are you P Diddy?

Does he have zoom-in eyeballs? :eyepop:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jay Z some kind of wack rear end alien, FBI and CIA should have set aside their differences and killed him on sight, but instead they let him go, that's what this pussy generation gets you.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

FirstnameLastname posted:

Wayne is a goat & drought 3 is the greatest mixtape of all time

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Trash takes all over this thread. Hov's a living legend and I'll tell you why- everybody wants to be Hov but Hov's still alive.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Wait, is this a Jay Z movie?

No, 50 Cent. I was just bringing it up since hood movies were mentioned.

Jay Z was in State Property, though. He can't act for poo poo but it's a pretty entertaining bad hood movie. I kept getting distracted though by how much Beanie Sigel resembles Marshawn Lynch.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I’m too young to have grown up with jay-z

By the time I knew who he was he was already rich

And that’s all I need to hate somebody

Good job op

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

gently caress Jay Z and his rhyme stealing rear end.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

He's a tae bo ho and furthermore compared to beans he is wack

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

ElectricSheep posted:

and apparently cheated on her too, which what the gently caress

Yeh I was gonna say, best thing he ever did was inspire Lemonade. And he's incredibly lucky too, because even though that album is full of angry anthems, the arc it makes is that she forgives him and loves him deeply. It's got some truly heart-rending love songs on there. Dude better not gently caress it up again...

(narrator: he did)

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
My only experience with jay z is him ruining other people songs with his presence. Heartbreaker and Umbrella being the most heinous examples.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Jay z fuckin rules and its weird to attack him unless youre someone who "just doesnt really like much rap"

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Hes just an influencer. Wealth, brands, owning things. Grind mentality.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Poohs Packin posted:

Jay z fuckin rules and its weird to attack him unless youre someone who "just doesnt really like much rap"

Fa shizzle my nizzle

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Hes not a biter hes a writer for himself and others

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Poohs Packin posted:

Hes not a biter hes a writer for himself and others

That’s not true, I used to preface all my Taco Bell orders with “can I get a” somethin or other since 1993, and now I feel super self conscious when I order in the same breath as a chick who fucks Thai prostitutes. Just how I’ve always talked. :shrug:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Its just the jigga man pimp c and b-u-n-b

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
op hates hobbits of color

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Jay z built most of his empire upon the beats of others. His rapping is merely meh and there's also a question if he really "sold crack, so that you don't have to go through that" as many of his contemporaries claimed him to be a poser.

Also, he is the reason Kanye got a record deal

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Yeh I was gonna say, best thing he ever did was inspire Lemonade.

This is one of the wackest hip hop opinions I've ever seen in gbs and that's saying something. Jay is the consensus pick for greatest living rapper, has at least three all-time classic albums, countless iconic verses and built a billion dollar entertainment empire. Have you ever even listened to his music beyond 99 Problems and him going "It's ya boy!" on Beyoncé singles?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

'stead of suckin'
we get sucked

'stead of fuckin'
we get hosed

it's a hard cock life for us op

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Poohs Packin posted:

Vicious attack on an internet forums filled with nerds and dorks.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
op is an orc and once burned down the shire

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
even gollum thinks the op is "too evil"

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Luvcow posted:

op is an orc and once burned down the shire

Hairy footed fuckwrs get what they deserve

HEAR THAT JAY Z???

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m tight with Bey so I texted this thread to her and she’s real pissed op

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Jay z built most of his empire upon the beats of others. His rapping is merely meh and there's also a question if he really "sold crack, so that you don't have to go through that" as many of his contemporaries claimed him to be a poser.

Also, he is the reason Kanye got a record deal

At the time, Kanye was not a despicable nutcase (or was at least not known to be one).

Jay-Z's a decent rapper and I still love his takedown of Nas in Takeover. I don't know why he blew up more than other rappers I liked better, but music taste is subjective and I do think that his success shows some canniness and talent is there even if he's not my favorite MC.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai_4tQW9f3Y

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Idk man you know he got some poo poo hot tracking software in 98 and that stopped working for him when he violated with that hard knock life poo poo in what, 99? So then it was just these crappy stock sourced tracks. Then his little voice thingy broke and got all crackly when he violated again in 2010, then he lost his syncopation when he violated in 2016 and got a bad clock. :shrug:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
If we are talking about overrated rappers, I've heard that the character OG Loc from GTA:SA was based on Ja Rule.

potato!
Apr 24, 2008

who's out here talking poo poo about lil Wayne

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Jay Z came out with "Money Ain't a Thing", "Big Pimpin", "Anything" (probably counts as a guilty pleasure since we're talking about Annie samples), and "On to the Next One".

Then again, he had the nerve to cheat on Beyonce, and he cowrote "Empire State of Mind", one of the only songs in the history of music worse than "Wonderful Christmastime". Solange should have beat him with a baseball bat instead of her puny fists imho.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
it all makes sense now

op is Beyoncé

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Z is like the tom cruise of the rap world. They make him stand on a little box when he stands nect to other people

They say Jay Z's pee cures AIDS

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Here's a little "inside baseball". That last post I made was a jokey reference to the actual tragedy that in the 80s especially in the urban scene there was a myth that you could catch AIDS from getting peed on

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lemme upgrade ya uhuckhuckhuck.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

pablo gbscobar posted:

Jay is the consensus pick for greatest living rapper

Lmao

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think my ultimate fantasy is to be adopted by jay-z as a 30 year old man under the premise that I’m legally r-resplendent but then he try to gently caress and turn into bitch. :haibrower:

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Lil’ Wayne is one of history’s most famous twinks, and doesn’t get the respect he deserves for that accomplishment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Lil’ Wayne is one of history’s most famous twinks, and doesn’t get the respect he deserves for that accomplishment

Petite Wayne