Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Top 3 votes are our April movies.
This poll is closed.
Ocean Waves 6 5.83%
Tokyo Godfathers 23 22.33%
My Sister Momoka 4 3.88%
Garden of Words 6 5.83%
Short Peace 2 1.94%
Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem 17 16.50%
Patema Imverted 6 5.83%
Yoyo and Nene 3 2.91%
the Little Witch Sisters 3 2.91%
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya 10 9.71%
Sailor Moon R 11 10.68%
Dragon Ball Super: Battle of the Gods 12 11.65%
Total: 45 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I don’t remember anything about wolfs rain except for some basic imagery, but I have a soft spot for early 2000s shows so I’m down. I do remember that it shares some musical dna with gits sac, I think they share a vocalist, so I’m looking forward to experiencing that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

DemonDarkhorse posted:

yoko kanno was the music producer?director?composer? for both wolf's rain and GITS. she essentially can do no wrong.

i still have this series on DVD. the dub is pretty amazing.

I just watched the first episode and it was immediately apparent it was a Yoko Kanno joint even without looking at the credits lol. Don’t know why I didn’t remember that part. Yoko Kanno is indeed great.

Speaking of: that shot of the wolf in the greenery at the start is one of the shots i remember from watching this as a kid, looking up the soundtrack the closeup of the muzzle is the cover. Good poo poo. Let’s you know right of the bat it’s going to be a bit of a downer show

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Up to episode 11 now. Not finding terribly much to say other than it’s enjoyable but not amazing and as I remembered the ost is great. I appreciate how hard the show sells the fact that the main crew are not human beings: their names, movements, how they fight, interaction with Cheza, etc. same for her, her fall in the episode where they meet goes hard for the comparison to a twirling flower. I also enjoy the lovely airship cgi.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Excellent. Captain Tylor has been on my list for a long time and now I have an excuse :cheersdoge:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

The sequence of oppressive surveillance cameras in the penultimate episode was great. Jaguara is kind of a flop of a character. Everything else I said about the show earlier in the thread still applies. one song, the one for the fake paradise, is super cheesy lol. Not much else to say, it’s good and establishes its mood well.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I didn’t stop there no, probably should have been clearer about what I meant by penultimate for just referring to the regular season.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

This Tylor guy seems like he’s going places, a real go-getter.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Working hard for those who demand the finest in image and sound!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Raalgon empire really is a great series of episodes. Feels like it becomes a different show for a bit but that is not to its detriment and imo they are of the best episodes in the show yet. Also another place where they really put the detail into the animation (e.g. Azalyn tiptoeing around)

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I meant to write "almost" in that post, but I'd say it's more than a difference of scale, more like how it's being presented imo. regardless probably my favorite stretch of eps

Sleng Teng fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 22, 2023

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Kyousougiga

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

The back half of episode 23 kicks rear end!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

100% agreement with Big Leg, the end of the show really is special. perfect mood with star + tylor drinking together in the dark, decommed bridge. a lot of the little scenes with all the crew members getting invitations to rejoin are awesome too (helmsman, flyboy and the twins lol). excited to catch the ovas next

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I rewatched kino's recently so I won't be participating but it's a great show and I hope any new viewers enjoy it!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Srice posted:

My humble suggestion: It doesn't have to be for April but I think it'd be neat to have one of the months be a movie month, picking one movie each from '93, '03, and '13. Could be a fun change of pace and it'd be less of a time commitment for folks, which I mention because of the lack of posts over Kino's Journey.

I think this is a neat idea! It's a change of pace that widens the pool of choices and the length thing is why I've been voting for shorter series in general.

Though personally speaking I would have loved to watch and post about kino's journey had I just not rewatched it a couple of months ago oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

1993: Also nominating Ocean Waves, this one has been on my list for a while.

2003: Tokyo Godfathers just in case somebody reading this thread hasn't seen it yet.

2013: This one really is tough. I would be happy with any number of picks here but I'll go for The Tale of the Princess Kaguya since I've been playing Okami.