Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Top 3 votes are our April movies.
This poll is closed.
Ocean Waves 6 5.83%
Tokyo Godfathers 23 22.33%
My Sister Momoka 4 3.88%
Garden of Words 6 5.83%
Short Peace 2 1.94%
Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem 17 16.50%
Patema Imverted 6 5.83%
Yoyo and Nene 3 2.91%
the Little Witch Sisters 3 2.91%
The Tale of the Princess Kaguya 10 9.71%
Sailor Moon R 11 10.68%
Dragon Ball Super: Battle of the Gods 12 11.65%
Total: 45 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Down for this - is there going to be a timeline for when we watch episodes by, or is it freeform discussion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Watched the first episode tonight. I think it looks great and I'm into the tone and pacing. Very into the dystopian future with the Blade Runner-esque angle on werewolves. I think the fact that the wolf magic is unclear is in its favor right now as it adds a lot of intrigue to the mystery. Looking forward to more.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Knocking out an episode of this a night, just got to episode five with the fallen wolves in the city. I am really enjoying this as a mood piece, particularly the very 80s dystopian future aesthetic, but some of the character writing/motivation feels like it can be a little vague and one-note at times, particularly with the wolf pack. Some of this is probably due to vibe and pacing and seems like an intentional artistic choice.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Kino's Journey seems like it'd be exactly my type of thing based on plot summaries so I voted for that.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

ep 1: did this mf just turn an ai sentient with the power of his dumbass flirting

this absolutely seems like a fun time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Namtab posted:

Is anyone watching kinos journey?

i was going to, but it's on my list of accessible stuff to read once i get further along in studying japanese and i wanted to save it for that