Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
3rd February
Dragongate Rey de Parejas 2023 Night 1
Rey de Parejas B Block
Watch this here
Dragon Dia & Dragon Kid vs Naruki Doi & YAMATO

HM
3rd February
Dragongate Rey de Parejas 2023 Night 1
Rey de Parejas A Block
Watch this here
D'courage (Madoka Kikuta & Yuki Yoshioka) vs Gold Class (BxB Hulk & Kota Minoura)

That Double Dragon vs YAMADoi match is a whole lot of good wrestling.

2nd YAMAdoi vs. The Dragons. But I've got to go full MOTYC on that main event. Crowd was hot and the finish was heart-pounding.

From the same show I will also throw out

HM
Rey de Parejas A Block
M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki & Mochizuki Jr.) vs Z-Brats (HYO & ISHIN)

HM
Jason Lee vs. Yoshiki Kato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From Dragongate's Feb 4th house show

HM: Rey de Parejas Block A - M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki & Mochizuki Jr.) vs. Kung Fu Masters (Jason Lee & Jacky "Funky" Kamei)

and from their Feb 5th house show

HM: Rey de Parejas Block B - Gold Class (Ben-K & Minorita) vs. Z-Brats (Shun Skywalker & KAI)

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 10, 2023

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate at Korakuen Hall, 3/2

HM: Don Fujii vs. Daiki Yanagiuchi
The Dragongate dojo can't be stopped. Great debut and entry to the "crusty old man beats up rookie" genre.

HM: YAMATO, Naruki Doi, Shuji Kondo, & Takashi Yoshida vs. Dragon Kid, Kagetora, Eita, & Dragon Dia
Very fun 8-man. Lots of character stuff with YAMATO being a dick and Eita Eitaing. Had a slight fever dream feel.

MOTYC: Rey de Parejas 2023 Semifinals - Shun Skywalker & KAI vs. Yuki Yoshioka & Madoka Kikuta
Really solid match with an excellent finish that showcased the timing and precision that made Dragongate first stand out to me when I started watching.

MOTYC: Rey de Parejas 2023 Finals - Yuki Yoshioka & Madoka Kikuta vs. Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda
Tag team wrestling at its finest.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
4th March
Dragongate Champion Gate Night 1
Don Fujii & Masaaki Mochizuki vs Kaito Nagano & Yoshiki Kato
Watch this here

HM
4th March
Open The Brave Gate Title
Minorita(c) vs Jason Lee
Watch this here

MOTYC
4th March
Open The Triangle Gate Titles
GOLD CLASS (Ben-K, BxB Hulk & Kota Minoura) vs M3K (Mochizuki Jr, Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda)
Watch this here

I can't believe Kanda was in 2 MOTYCs in the space of 2 days but here we are.

2nd these. Kanda was inspired by the spirit of the guy who sang the Jimmyz theme to try for the first time since he was in the Jimmyz.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
5th March
Dragongate Champion Gate Night 2
Open The Twin Gate Titles
Big Time (BIG BOSS Shimizu & Kzy)(c) vs D'courage (Madoka Kikuta & Yuki Yoshioka)
Watch this here

Big Time spent February in America, including defending the Twin Gate belts 3 times (against Little Guido(!) in MLW, the SATs in ETU, & in a match in an Alabama indy that isn't even on Cagematch). Meanwhile the D'courage duo were kept busy with Rey de Parejas, going 3-1-1 in the block before beating Z-Brats & M3K to win the whole thing. And their reward is here. It's a great DG match, Shimizu is a great & slightly under-rated tag team wrestler, & meanwhile Kikuta continues to get better. He's grown a lot since December when he was in the ring with Shingo, that whole match seemed to really raise his confidence levels & he feels more like a star.

HM
5th March
Dragongate Champion Gate Night 2
Open The Dream Gate Title
Shun Skywalker(c) vs Strong Machine J
Watch this here

Machine really hasn't had many singles matches, Case Lowe says this was only his 11th. And this was clearly the biggest one of his still relatively short career. It's kind of a filler defence for Shun, there was no way he was losing this to a guy who at this point has only held the Triangle Gate belts, but it served it's purpose excellently & helped establish J going toe to toe for chunks of the match with the top guy. That said, there were some excellent near falls for J that really had me believing they might pull off the huge upset here.

The other thing of note here from commentary: apparently this is the first ever Open The Dream Gate match between 2 masked wrestlers, which seems wild to me.

2nd these. The part of the match where SMJ counters a chair shot by just lariating it out of Shun's hands mid-swing is behind only Mox getting hanged for my coolest spot of the year.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate's Memorial Gate 2023, 3/18

HM: Ryukyu Dragon Ryuou Championship Match - YAMATO vs Teelan Shisa

The return of full heel YAMATO to Dragongate was delightful. He managed to get the DG crowd cheering for an outsider to beat him.

MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship - Natural Vibes (Kzy & Big Boss Shimizu) vs. M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki & Mochizuki Jr.)

Fantastic tag wrestling. The fact that Mochizuki Jr. is this good less than a year into his career is honestly quite stunning. Anyone who didn't vote him Rookie of the Year last year was wrong.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
4th April
Dragongate/Masaaki Mochizuki Produce Buyuden Zero
Hikaru Sato & Ryo Kawamura vs Punch Tominaga & YAMATO
Watch this here

A real satisfying stiff tag match, great way to start the show. Also the only match I can link to because it was shown on Youtube while the rest was all on the DG Network

HM
4th April
Hardcore Match
Jun Kasai & Takashi Sasaki vs M3K (Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda)

Some deeply enjoyable fish-out-of-water stuff here, Masaaki Mochizuki booked his friends & stable mates in a match with 2 deathmatch legends, because Kanda is a fan. Susumu however is much less keen. There's probably no better guy in the world for taking a newcomer through this world than Jun Kasai. There's blood but there's no lighttubes & it's fairly tame on the whole.

MOTYC
4th April
Don Fuji & Madoka Kikuta vs Masato Tanaka & Takuya Sugawara

Coming out of this I really want to see Kikuta vs Tanaka in a singles match. They beat each other up.

MOTYC
4th April
Fujita "Jr" Hayato, Strong Machine J & Taro Nohashi vs LEONA & M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki & Mochizuki Jr)

Talking of beating each other up, this was very stiff & very cool. LEONA didn't really drag things down and got a nice pop for his Dragon Screw. But what you want is Hayato vs either Mochizuki & we got it, & it loving ruled. Match of the night.

MOTYC
4th April
Open The Twin Gate Titles
Natural Vibes (BIG BOSS Shimizu & Kzy)(c) vs Kongo (Kenoh & Shuji Kondo)

Hey, another great match. This is honestly one of the best shows I've watched this year, absolutely nothing bad, even the comedy match was enjoyable fun.

2nd these

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate at Korakuen Hall, 4/5

MOTYC: Madoka Kikuta vs. Kota Minoura

loving awesome match. Best one I've seen this month.

HM: Gold Class (Ben-K, BxB Hulk, Minorita) vs. Natural Vibes (Kzy, Big Boss Shimizu, Jason Lee)
HM:YAMATO, Kaito Nagano, Daiki Yanagiuchi vs. Don Fujii, Naruki Doi, Eita

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From Dragongate Dead or Alive 2023, 5/5

I’ll do more later, don’t feel like writing out a bunch of Japanese names at the moment, but I have to nominate

MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Shun Skywalker (c) vs. Madoka Kikuta

Absolute masterpiece of storytelling and psychology. This is how you loving “finish the story”.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate: Hopeful Gate at Korakuen Hall, 5/11

HM: Dragon Dia & La Estrella vs. Kzy & Jason Lee
HM: Big Boss Shimizu, U-T, & Jacky "FUNKY" Kamei vs. Minorita, Kaito Nagano, & Daiki Yanagiuchi
HM: Don Fujii 26th Anniversary Celebration Match - Don Fujii & Masaaki Mochizuki vs YAMATO & BxB Hulk
MOTYC: Reiwa New Generation Leaders Special 6-Man Tag Match - Madoka Kikuta, Kota Minoura, & Shun Skywalker vs. Ben-K, Yuki Yoshioka, & Strong Machine J

Really great Korakuen. Main event is worth going out of your way to see, IMO.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Bonk posted:

Dragongate - Rainbow Gate 6/2/23 @ Korakuen Hall

MOTYC: Open the Twin Gate Championship: Kongo (Kenoh & Shuji Kondo)© vs M3K (Susumu Mochizuki & Yasushi Kanda)
watch here
God drat, you gotta see this. After DG's recent shift to focus on the younger guys, they pull this one out - Kenoh is the youngest guy in the match at 38, the rest are mid 40s, and they're all showing the kids how it's done. Maybe the best match in Kanda's entire career.

2nd this. I can't believe Kanda has shown up in multiple MOTYCs in loving 2023.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Bonk posted:

Dragongate Kobe Pro-Wrestling Festival 2023 - 7/2/23

HM:
Hiromu Takahashi vs YAMATO
Twin Gate: Kanda & Susumu vs BxB Hulk & Ben-K
Triangle Gate: Kzy/Shimizu/Kamei vs Doi/Minoura/Minorita
Dream Gate: Madoka Kikuta vs Yuki Yoshioka

-Each could've been MOTYC with another 5 minutes, but they clearly shaved time off the undercard for...

MOTYC:
Mask vs Mask Survival Cage Match:
Ultimo Dragon vs Dragon Kid vs Shun Skywalker vs Diamante vs Strong Machine J
watch here

-DG cage matches almost never miss, and this had multiple dovetailing storytelling through wrestling. Everyone had great moments and spots, with some excellent turns and a really emotional aftermath. Not as much insanity with the rules and wacky interference as past years, but the build had a more serious tone anyway.

2nd
This is a good summation of my thoughts.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Trying to keep up with Dragongate's King of Gate tournament.

Dragongate at Korakuen Hall 7/7

HM: Ultimo Dragon, Dragon Kid, & Don Fujii vs Susumu Mochizuki, Yasushi Kanda, & Mochizuki Junior
Old man beats up his best friend's son to my great amusement.

HM: YAMATO, Yuki Yoshioka, Dragon Dia, & Kagetora vs Naruki Doi, Kota Minoura, Minorita, & Ben-K

HM: King of Gate Round 1 - Eita vs. Kzy
HM: King of Gate Round 1 - Madoka Kikuta vs. Masaaki Mochizuki
MOTYC: King of Gate Round 1 - Shun Skywalker vs. BIGBOSS Shimizu

Dragongate 7/8
HM: King of Gate Round 1 - Dragon Kid vs. Kagetora
MOTYC: King of Gate Round 1 - Dragon Dia vs. Jason Lee
Watch here on their Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzc7eFIeuQY

If this Dia/Jason match had aired on AEW/WWE the whole internet would be raving about it. Just a sick 15 minute jr heavyweight sprint.

Dragongate at EDION Arena, 7/9
MOTYC: Natural Vibes (Kzy, BIGBOSS Shimizu, Jason Lee, & JACKY"FUNKY"KAMEI) vs M3K (Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Mochizuki, Yasushi Kanda, & Mochizuki Junior)
HM: D'Courage (Yuki Yoshioka, Madoka Kikuta, & Dragon Dia) vs. Z-Brats (Shun Skywalker, ISHIN, & HYO)

HM: King of Gate Round 1 - Ben-K vs. KAI
MOTYC: King of Gate Round 1 - Naruki Doi vs. Kota Minoura
MOTYC: King of Gate Round 1 - YAMATO vs. Don Fujii
lol, they beat the poo poo out of each other.

Dragongate boys ate their Wheaties this weekend and were on point with pretty much every multiman and KoG match. drat.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 11, 2023

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
22nd July
Dragongate King of Gate 2023 Night 8
King of Gate Quarter Final
BIG BOSS Shimizu vs Susumu Mochizuki
Watch this here

HM
22nd July
Madoka Kikuta vs Shuji Kondo
Watch this here

MOTYC
22nd July
Kota Minoura vs Yuki Yoshioka
Watch this here

No idea why that Minoura Yoshioka match starts after the match has started but it is what it is.

2nd these. The first two have a bit too much house show faffing about but their finishing stretches are great. Minoura and Yoshioka just have great chemistry. All their singles matches have been electric.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate at Korakuen Hall, 8/3

MOTYC: King of Gate Semi-Finals - Big Boss Shimizu vs. Madoka Kikuta
HM: King of Gate Semi-Finals - HYO vs. Kota Minorua

MOTYC: King of Gate Finals - Big Boss Shimizu vs. Kota Minoura

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate's Dangerous Gate 2023, 8/20

HM: Open the Brave Gate Championship - ISHIN vs. Mochizuki Jr.

MOTYC: YAMATO vs. Fujita "Jr." Hayato
A delightful match for all the grapplefuck perverts out there.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MOTYC: Penta, Best Friends, Kingston vs. BCC, P&P Stadium Stampede. The clusteriest of clusterfucks. Camera had no idea what to film, tons of missed spots, guys wandering around looking confused, typical Moxley deathmatch nonsense but with wacky comedy as well, a Penta costume quickchange that made no sense, chairshots to the head in 2023, the van with Trent's mom and cookies.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate Storm Gate 2023 at EDION Arena, 9/24

MOTYC: Big Boss Shimizu vs. Yuki Yoshioka

This match went insanely hard. Just a nonstop sprint of guys hitting each other hard and tossing each other around the ring. Sick as hell finishing sequence.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

It's lonely work being the only person watching a company. Pretty sure I'm the only person on these forums watching Dragongate houseshows and thus the only one currently enjoying BIG BOSS Shimizu tearing it up the past couple months.

Speaking of

MOTYC: BIG BOSS Shimizu vs. Kota Minoura, Dragongate at Kobe Sambo Hall, 9/30.

It's time, give Shimizu the belt when he's cranking out matches like this on the reg.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 6, 2023

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragongate at Korakuen Hall 10/6/2023

HM: BIGBOSS Shimizu & Strong Machine J vs. Shuji Kondo & Eita
Sick finish.

HM: Natural Vibes (Kzy, Jason Lee, U-T, & JACKY"FUNKY"KAMEI) vs. Z-Brats (Shun Skywalker, KAI, H・Y・O, & ISHIN)
MOTYC: Open the Triangle Gate Champion Tournament Finals - Madoka Kikuta, Yuki Yoshioka, & Dragon Dia vs. Kota Minoura, Ben-K, & Naruki Doi vs. YAMATO, Dragon Kid, & Punch Tominaga

Punch Tominaga having the same revelation that Kanda had earlier in the year that he can just wrestle good and have great matches.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Bonk posted:

May add some HMs from the undercard later; DG had a fantastic week.

Dragongate - Gate of Destiny 2023 - 11/5/23

MOTYC: Dream Gate: Madoka Kikuta© vs BigBoss Shimizu (watch)
These two just beat the poo poo out of each other. Shimizu running through all of the Big Six on the way to this was a great story, and they threw absolute bombs at each other the whole time.

Dragongate - Gate of Evolution Day 4 @ Korakuen Hall - 11/9/23

MOTYC: Natural Vibes (Kzy, Kamei, Lee, SMJ) vs D'courage (Kikuta, Dia, Yoshioka, Tanaka) (watch)
Really this whole Korakuen was great and I recommend a top to bottom watch, but do not miss this 8-man. It's pure distilled classic DG multiman sprint.

2nd these. Dream gate match one of my favorite singles matches I’ve seen this year and the eight man is the type of match that makes every other companies’ sprints look amateurish in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I assume this is a typo and it was for a different belt? (Hardly the worst typo, I misspelled "Eddie Kingston" as "Chris Jericho"!)

It was for the Open the Dream Gate title, and I will also 2nd the match.