Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 1/6

HM: Top Flight (Darius & Dante Martin) vs. Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley & Bryan Danielson)
HM: The Killer and the Pillar (Jamie Hayter & Dr. Britt Baker) vs. The Renegades (Charlette & Robyn Renegade)
HM: Darby Allin vs. Mike Bennett

AEW Battle of the Belts 1/6

MOTYC: The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens) vs. Team Slapnuts (Jeff Jarett & Jay Lethal)
HM: Jade Cargill vs. Skye Blue
HM: Kip Sabian vs. Orange Cassidy

Second!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Dark Elevation 1/9

HM: Schaff vs Brian Cage

Two dudes just doing tons of big moves to each other and kicking out of big moves to our delight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Dark 1/10

HM: Athena vs Marina Shafir

That kicked rear end and I love Athena doing all sorts of corny heel stuff on top of being an rear end kicking heel.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Dynamite 1/11

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs Hangman Page
MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs Konosuke Takeshita
HM: Britt Baker and Jamie Hayter vs Saraya and Toni Storm
MOTYC: The Elite vs Death Triangle

What a loving show. Incredible match to open up the night incredible match in the middle of the night, really good tag and an amazing ladder match to end it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Rampage 1/13

HM: Darby Allin vs Juice Robinson
MOTYC: Anna Jay and Tay Melo vs Willow Nightingale and Ruby Soho

What a crazy match maybe crazier than Street Fight 1 given how bloody Ruby was. TNT Title match was really good too. Darby is as always on fire.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
CMLL 1/20
MOTYC: Rocky Romero vs Volador Jr

This was so loving good. I didn't expect this from the title match to set up the apuestas match but both guys killed themselves in this match and the crowd just built and built and built as they did progressively crazier stuff.

Hopefully CMLL leaves it up on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRh5JuWgLKc

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 1/25

HM: Action Andretti & Ricky Starks vs. Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara
HM: Darby Allin vs. Buddy Matthews
HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Brian Cage
MOTYC: Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal

Nth.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rarity posted:

HM: Hangman Page vs. Wheeler Yuta, AEW Rampage, 27/01
MOTYC: Jamie Hayter vs. Emi Sakura, AEW Rampage, 27/01

Top tier Rampage, great stuff

Nth.

My DVR cut out right at the second to last move in the match so I had to watch the last move of the show on the TNT app. Evil!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Dynamite 2/1
MOTYC: Hangman Page vs Jon Moxley
HM: Konosuke Takeshita vs Brian Cage
HM: Jade Cargill vs Red Velvet
MOTYC: Samoa Joe vs Darby Allin

What a loving show. Thought the opener couldn't be topped but then the main event topped it with three really good matches in between and yet another rad as hell Jaded transition.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

graph posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/8

MOTYC: MJF vs. Konosuke Takeshita
MOTYC: RUSH vs. Bryan Danielson
MOTYC: The Elite vs. AR Fox & Top Flight

just another banger rear end loving dynamite

I will nth these selections.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sticky Nate posted:

WMOTY: EC3 vs Kevin Kiley - NWA Nuff Said

Don't read a recap and don't look at gifs. You have to see it for yourself.

Is this show really happening tonight? Wow.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Oh my god I just saw a gif of EC3 vs OOOOO JUNIOR and Sticky Nate is right I need to see this match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
CMLL: 1/27

HM: Rey Del Aire VIP Torneo Cibernetico featuring Gran Guerrero and Dragon Rojo Jr. and Atlantis Jr. and El Barbaro Cavernario and Fugaz and Mistico and Panterita del Ring Jr. and Soberano Jr. and Stuka Jr. and Templario

As you would expect an insane spectacle of dives that unfortunately wasn't as good down the stretch as most of the match was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Dynamite 2/15

HM: Rush and Preston vs Claudio Castagnoli and Jon Moxley

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Rampage 2/17

HM: The Elite vs AR Fox, Dante and Darius Martin
HM: Swerve Strickland vs Dustin Rhodes

Two totally different matches, loved all the basketball spots in one of the matches and the bloody brutality in the other one. You can guess which.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Battle in the Valley February 18th
HM
KAIRI (c) vs Mercedes Moné - IWGP Women's Championship
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship

Will nth these. Probably the weakest Okada/Tanahashi which says a lot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 2/24

MOTYC: The Young Bucks vs. Aussie Open
HM: Toni Storm vs. Willow Nightingale
HM: Action Andretti vs. Sammy Guevara

Nth, really crazy good episode.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AAA Lucha Libre Worldwide 1/21

HM: Jack Cartwheel vs Komander

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr9M7V-cjA4

If you are curious what this Komander guy can do outside of some highlights packages, here's a singles match! Both guys bring out the worst instincts in each other so that means you get a bunch of insane spots that don't make sense. It's great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW Dynamite 3/1

HM: Big Bill vs Orange Cassidy
MOTYC: FACE OF THE REVOLUTION LADDER MATCH
HM: Riho vs Toni Storm

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Riho vs. Emi Sakura - AEW Rampage 3/3
HM: Dustin Rhodes & Keith Lee vs. Parker Boudreaux & Swerve Strickland - AEW Rampage 3/3

I think it's a testament to how loving great Swerve and Lee are and how good Dustin is that this match was so good despite Boudreaux being green as grass and looking awful in there alongside them.

Emi vs. Riho was just great fun.

I will second these

and nth

HM: Claudio Castagnoli vs AR Fox
HM: Konosuke Takeshita vs Josh Woods

ROH on Honorclub 3/2

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Only saw 3 matches from GCW but it seems like it was one of their better shows of the year.

GCW Holy Smokes 3/4

HM: Drew Parker vs John Wayne Murdoch
HM: Alex Zayne vs El Hijo Del Vikingo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW REVOLUTION

HM: Ricky Starks vs Chris Jericho
HM: Christian Cage vs Jungle Boy
MOTYC: House of Black vs The Elite
HM: Ruby Soho vs Jamie Hayter vs Saraya
MOTYC: HANGMAN PAGE VS JON MOXLEY
HM: Samoa Joe vs Wardlow
HM: The Acclaimed vs Triple J vs Best Friends vs The Gunns
MOTYC: BRYAN DANIELSON VS MJF

WHAT A SHOW!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

AEW Dark 3/7

HM: Jack Cartwheel vs. Konosuke Takeshita

2nd, I think a lot of AEW fans will see Takeshita in a role they haven't seen him in before and it rocks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NWA Power 3/8

WMOTYC: Beast Mode vs Trevor Murdoch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI1yedgqi_4

The wrestler so incredible I had to create a thread, but he deserve the nomination here. This is the worst match you will see in TYOOL 2023 unless we get my dream match, Beast Mode vs Tyrus. Just click the video, you'll love it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MassRafTer posted:

NWA Power 3/8

WMOTYC: Beast Mode vs Trevor Murdoch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI1yedgqi_4

The wrestler so incredible I had to create a thread, but he deserve the nomination here. This is the worst match you will see in TYOOL 2023 unless we get my dream match, Beast Mode vs Tyrus. Just click the video, you'll love it.

Folks what if I told you there is a match that is as bad or worse on the same show, and it is not the EC3 match!

WMOTYC: Gaagz The Gimp vs Sal The Pal (Mask vs Hair)

Imagine 2007 Abyss vs 2007 Abyss, except worse workers and NXT Shawn Michaels is the agent, but 2007 Vince Russo is still booking the finish.

And from the 3/8 AEW Dynamite

HM: Will Hobbs vs Wardlow

This rocked!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH on HonorClub 3/9

HM: Rhett Titus and Tracy Williams vs Aussie Open
HM: Athena vs Willow Nightingale

Was really surprised how good the former was and the main event was very close to MOTYC level.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NWA Power 2/22

WMOTYC: Blunt Force Trauma vs Mims and Dak Draper

A 4 minute match where 3 minutes are Blunt Force Trauma getting heat on Mims and then when they are in total control of the match Aron Stevens their manager punches Mims in front of the ref for the DQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0986Sg9rIE&t=1s

The NWA is so bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Riho vs. Nyla Rose - AEW Rampage 3/10

These two always have drat good matches together and this was no different! Super impressive stuff from Riho, and I loved the ending

Their worst match together!

Still great. So nth.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rarity posted:

I feel like MRT's newfound interest in NWA is a cry for help

I have nominated the National Wrestling Alliance for as many WMOTYCs as New Japan Professional Wrestling has been nominated in the last week and New Japan is considered some of the best wrestling in the world. The NWA is equally as good it seems.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NWA Nuff Said 2/11

WMOTYC: Tyrus vs Matt Cardona

Did not think I'd end up watching this but a slightly clipped fan cam popped up on youtube and that seemed like the funniest way to watch it, and it was. Tyrus looks so weak doing everything, most of his strikes miss by a mile and he of course gasses out despite the last few minutes of this match being him laying around during ref bumps. The Champ is Here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
From the 3/15 Dynamite I will go

HM: Blackpool Combat Club vs Evil Uno, Stu Grayson and Hangman Page
HM: Orange Cassidy vs Jeff Jarrett
MOTYC: The Elite vs Jericho Appreciation Society vs House of Black

What a show!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This week's NWA USA episode is the worst half hour of wrestling I have ever seen.

WMOTYC: Blake Troop vs Jeremiah Plunkett
WMOTYC: Natalia Markova defeats CJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-6mM8PkbH4&t=672s

I was going to skip this show because March Madness was on but I was given the heads up that this show is historically bad and it was bad in ways I didn't expect. The opening match is Wrecking Ball vs the retired cancer survivor Bobby Fulton in an unsanctioned match except there's no match it goes to an immediate no contest after a punch and three run ins. So I will not be nominating it as cagematch doesn't even recognize it as a match and it was better than what follows by virtue of not happening.

The video like starts at the intros for Blake Troop and it's worth watching just that. Blake Troop has some awful looking gear. He's also really bad and Jeremiah Plunkett isn't much better. The execution in this match is really terrible and Blake Troop doesnt know how he is supposed to position his opponent to apply his finisher. How?

Then the main event, Markova vs CJ in what is a terrible 3 minute comedy match that even Vince Russo would think is running a bad joke into the ground. It's really incredible that the NWA's only economic and critical success in the last 3 years is Empower and they follow it up by giving women 4 minute matches on their youtube shows and then stuff like this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

What's the date for these? Also I hope you are getting enjoyment out of how bad these shows appear to be, MRT! :ohdear:

Sorry it's the 3/18 episode. I got enjoyment out of Blake Troop and I think you will too. He has a catch phrase on the level of Braden Walker.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
3/22 AEW DYNAMITE

HM: Sting, Orange Cassidy and Darby Allin vs The Butcher, The Blade and Kip Sabian
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs El Hijo Del Vikingo

I know everyone loved the main event but are people forgetting that opener???

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stall_19 posted:

It was forgettable.

Maybe if you live a life without joy.

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1638696292841840641

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Purple Monkey posted:

ROH Honor Club 23/3

HM: Aussie Open vs Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal

Nth.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NWA Power 3/28

WMOTYC: Dak Draper & Mims vs. Blunt Force Trauma

Ok, so Dak and Mims have a tag title shot on the PPV, but first they have to face BFT. If they lose, BFT get the title shot. So what do we do for a finish? Maybe the worst finish you'll see all year! I'll spoil it for the 0 people who care about watching the NWA unspoiled, especially for a 5 minute match.

Aron Stevens runs to ringside, the announcers tell us he's banned from ringside. The ref is looking right at him, but keeps counting out a member of BFT. Aron Stevens goes over to their opponents to hit them with a weapon. Faye Valentine comes out and stops him. The ref sees this, stops counting and goes to the time keepers table. Faye then slaps one of the BFT guys, the ref then ejects Faye and the announcers tell us the match has been thrown out so Dak and Mims keep their title shot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Punch McLightning posted:

HMs from tonight's Dynamite

Jeff Cobb vs. Kenny Omega (c), IWGP United States
The Butcher vs. Orange Cassidy (c), AEW International
Ruby Soho vs. Willow Nightingale
Adam Cole vs. Daniel Garcia

Perfectly solid show.

Seconded

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Circle 6: Brother, Can Ya’ Spare A Dime? 3/30

WMOTYC: All Day Rager: Dayger Edition

An example of why rumbles need careful agenting with people coming into the match with nothing to do, really lame eliminations and cameras missing all sorts of things with the worst audio you'll hear this year. Also some really green wrestlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH on HonorClub 3/30

HM: Emi Sakura vs Athena
HM: Bennett, Taven, Dralistico and Rush vs Martin, Martin, Fenix and Penta

Two really good matches, Emi vs Athena very close to a MOTYC. Overall a great show.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 31, 2023