Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rarity posted:

HM: Catch 2/2 (c) vs. Lio Rush/YOH, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17, 04/01

Fun spotfest with some surprising colour

3rd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rarity posted:

HM: FTR (c) vs. Bishamon, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17, 04/01

Borderline MOTYC for me but I'm trying to grade on a scale cause of what's still to come

nth. Very close to MOTYC but a taaad short

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Ren Narita for the Inaugural New Japan Television Title - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 1/4

Incredible from both guys. Ren has come so far since his excursion, and he was already at a high level before then!

nth.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (C) vs. Kenny Omega for the IWGP US Heavyweight Title - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 1/4

:stonklol:

Human beings should not be capable of what these two do in the ring.

After much deliberation I have decided to nth this.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Switchblade Jay White (C) vs. Kazuchika Okada for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 1/4

They had a hell of a job having to follow Omega/Ospreay and it was tough going at first, but they're two of the best wrestlers in the world today and they just did what they do so magnificently, and allowed it to build and build till I was completely on the hook.

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rarity posted:

HM: Chris Jericho vs. Ricky Starks, AEW Dynamite, 04/01
HM: The Acclaimed (c) vs. Triple J, AEW Dynamite, 04/01
HM: Swerve Strickland vs. AR Fox, AEW Dynamite, 04/01
MOTYC: Samoa Joe (c) vs. Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite, 04/01

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
4th January
TJPW Tokyo Joshi Pro '23
TJPW Princess of Princess Title
Yuka Sakazaki(c) vs Miyu Yamashita
https://vk.com/video-4499945_456250127?t=2h33m27s

Is this good in a traditional sense? Yeah, it really is. These 2 women are great, of course they have a good match.

Nth for this one. Scary fall at the start of the match notwithstanding.

Couldn't really get into the Shida/sera match. I feel like I'm on a completely different wavelength to everyone else when it comes to Risa Sera. I know a lot of people like her but I don't really get it

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Bandido - AEW Dynamite 1/18

Holy gently caress this was good. Just a random Dynamite, Danielson out there having PPV Main Event Quality matches. Bandido just hurking him around with his surprising strength. Hot crowd. Amazing match.

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 1/18
MOTY: Darby Allin (c) vs. KUSHIDA

Nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom New Blood 7: 1/20/2023

MOTYC: Hanan and Saya Iida vs MIRAI and Tomoka Inaba

Just 4 ladies beating the absolute poo poo out of each other. Got downright brutal when Saya and MIRAI were in there together

https://youtu.be/sB9znyaGDsI?t=7140

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 21, 2023

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

What date did this happen on?

sorry, it was the 20th of jan. updated my post

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

From Stardom Supreme Fight 4/2

HM: Utami, AZM and Lady C vs Syuri, Konami and Ami Sourei

MOTYC: Chihiro Hashimoto vs MIRAI. First time seeing Hashimoto and holy gently caress is she good. MIRAI was incredible in this as well, probably my favourite match of hers yet

HM: Maika and Himeka vs 7upp. Maika owns

HM: Saya Kamitani vs Momo Watanabe. Some really cool poo poo, a couple of sloppy looking spots, bascially a Saya K match. Very one-sided for an extended period leading up to the finish

Still have to watch Giulia vs Suzu but this has been a really good show.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom Supreme Fight 4/2

HM: Giulia vs Suzu Suzuki. Can't really give this anything higher since I spent half the match thinking how I'd rather be watching Hashimoto vs MIRAI. It was just an extended sequence of big moves and spots with little rhyme or reason

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Darby Allin (C) vs. Samoa Joe for the TNT Title - AEW Dynamite 2/1

Absolutely incredible Dynamite.

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

xbilkis posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/8

MOTYC: MJF (c) vs. Konosuke Takeshita
MOTYC: RUSH vs. Bryan Danielson
HM: The Elite (c) vs. AR Fox & Top Flight

That trios match is only HM because it feels silly to give MOTYC to my fifth favorite match on AEW television over the past week. What a world

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom 2/12 three way battle

HM:Saya Kamitani vs Tam Nakano vs Yuna Mizumori

This slapped. Basically a comedy match with some great wrestling too. Almost went MOTYC on it

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Switchblade Jay White vs. Eddie Kingston in a Loser Can't Wrestle for New Japan Match - NJPW Battle in the Valley 2/18

It's the end of HIS new era, and he went out doing everything he could to survive and putting over two different wrestlers in the process. Great stuff.

MOTYC for me

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

HM: KAIRI (C) vs. Mercedes Mone for the IWGP Women's Championship - NJPW Battle in the Valley 2/18

This is what the Wrestle Kingdom match should have been. drat good, with Mercedes getting to remind people why she was so popular for so long in WWE, and KAIRI of course just loving rules. Was legit surprised by the ending, did not expect KAIRI to lose!

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom Triangle Derby finals 3/4/23

HM: Himeka vs Chihiro Hashimoto. Great fun but a bit on the short side.

MOTYC: AZM (c) vs Starlight Kid for the High Speed title. Was there any doubt this was going to be great? Wasn't just the typical go-go-go high speed AZM match and in that sense had more dimensions to it and was more interesting than their last encounter.

MOTYC: Hazuki vs Saya Kamitani (c) for the Wonder of Stardom title. And yet as great as AZM and SLK were, they got overshadowed by this monster. This is likely to survive til the end of this year as my women's match of the year. If something tops it, I'll be shocked. If it wasn't for Omega vs Ospreay it would be my #1 match of the year so far

Still have yet to watch a couple of matches but the show was outstanding.

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 5, 2023

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

Which title was this for?

oh yeah I thought I forgot something. It was for the Wonder of Stardom title. Let me go back and edit that and the AZM/SLK match

Edit: As a bonus I even put the (c) next to the correct person for the high speed title.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Second. Plus, from the same show:

HM: Giulia vs. Maya Yukihi

HM: Triangle Derby finals God's Eye vs. Prominence

Hell of a show!

And second for these. Again, really drat good show.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: The Elite (c) vs. House of Black, AEW Revolution, 05/03
MOTYC: Hangman Page vs. Jon Moxley, AEW Revolution, 05/03
MOTYC: MJF (c) vs. Bryan Danielson, AEW Revolution, 05/03

nth for these ones

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC:

Chris Brookes vs. Yukihi Maya

You've never seen a match as high workrate or as stiff as this one in as small an area as this one. Got a This Is Awesome chant from Will Ospreay/Aussie Open manning the hardcam.

Go out of your way to see it.

Available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmlsiU4mlxY

if not I or Chris Brookes will bootleg it.

lmao. nth.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
4th March
Stardom Triangle Derby I Night 11 ~ The Finals ~
Wonder of Stardom Title
Saya Kamitani(c) vs Hazuki
Watch this here

This is the #1 women's match I've seen this year. Kamitani is a real hot & cold wrestler, I've mentioned this before but when she makes a mistake she doesn't really seem able to quickly recover. But when she's on & everything clicks you get something like this. Just fantastic.

I've already voted for this but I just wanted to stress that people should really go out of their way to watch this if they have the time. It's unbelievable

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Miu Watanabe (C) vs. Rika Tatsumi for the International Princess Championship - TJPW Grand Princess 2 3/18
HM: Wasteland War Party (C) vs. 121000000 for the Princess Tag Titles - TJPW Grand Princess 2 3/18
HM: Yuka Sakazaki (C) vs. Mizuki for the Princess of Princess Championship - TJPW Grand Princess 2 3/18

I will nth these ones. Cool show! Don't get to watch TJPW very often.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
13th March
New Japan Cup Night 6
New Japan Cup 2nd Round
Mark Davis vs Will Ospreay
Watch this here

Didn't really know what to expect from this, but Ospreay made Davis look like he fit in the Stan Hansen mold with some absolutely ludicrous selling, especially when you remember his shoulder is hosed up 5 minutes in to a match that goes 20. I really thought will did a stellar job putting Davis over.

HM
10th March
Stardom In Korakuen
Himeka vs Natsupoi
Watch this here

Himeka retirement road just makes me even madder at the cunts who feel it necessary to take out their inadequacies & failures on wrestlers on social media.

nth for these.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom 15/3/23 @ Takamatsu

MOTYC: Hazuki and Mayu Iwatani vs Tam Nakano and Natsupoi.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Defenestrategy posted:

MOTYC: Eddie vs Claudio - Excellent story telling

HM: Shibata vs Yuta - Excellent story telling of Yuta getting way too big for his britches and getting utterly destroyed by The Wrestler where Yuta is shown to be completely out classed in every single pure category.

Nth for these. Can't bring myself to watch the ladder match even though I've seen the pics online already.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

xbilkis posted:

MOTYC: Mercedes Mone (C) vs. AZM vs. Hazuki for the IWGP Women's Championship - NJPW SAKURA Genesis 4/8

My introduction to AZM and Hazuki and they're just obviously good as all hell. The pinning sequences, double submission attempts and strike exchanges made this feel like maybe the best three way match that actually consistently used the presence of all three wrestlers in the ring as an asset

nth. AZM and Hazuki have better singles matches this year but this was refreshingly free of the usual trope where one person is always incapacitated. Super frantic and just a lot of fun. Good intro to all 3

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I'm gonna try to remember to fill out the rest tomorrow but

Stardom allstar grand queendom

Motyc : giulia v tam

yeah nth. I'm going to have many more noms for this show but I have to sleep. Stardom owns. gently caress

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Rest of the stardom show from the 23rd of April (all-star grand queendom)

HM : slk and mai seira vs azm and mei Suruga

Hm : fuwa chan and hazuki v utami hayashishita and miyu amasaki

Motyc : himeka v maika

Hm : prominence v restart (verging on a motyc nom)

Motyc : saya kamitani v Mina Shirakawa

Motyc : syuri v chihiro hashimoto

Hm: Mercedes mone v mayu iwatani

All in all an excellent show. Mainevent was my motn but everything was excellent

Yeah this sounds about right. Nth. I think Mina/Saya was MOTN personally but they were close

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

graph posted:

HM: Orange Cassidy (c) vs. Bandido - AEW International Championship - AEW Dynamite - 4/26
HM: Darby Allin vs. Sammy Guevara - Four Pillars Tournament Final - AEW Dynamite - 4/26

Nth for these. Also

AEW Dynamite - 4/26

WMOTYC: Jade Cargill vs Taya Valkyrie

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 27, 2023

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I bought the Stardom show because I have some extra money this week and the impulse control of a toddler. Plus word of mouth on this show was super positive. Sure enough Stardom stays winning.

Legend of Fukuoka Goddess 05.04.2023:

MOTYC: AZM vs Mei Seira
MOTYC: Giulia and Maika vs Saya Kamitani and Utami Hayashishita
MOTYC: Mina Shirakawa (c) vs Natsupoi

I don't really care so much about nominating HMs any more but the rest of that show is about that level or higher. I might even end up giving a MOTYC to the SLK/Ruaka vs Tam/Saori match after a rewatch. I really enjoyed it but was a bit distracted

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Rarity posted:

HM: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Rey Fenix, AEW Dynamite, 10/05
MOTYC: Orange Cassidy (c) vs. Daniel Garcia, AEW Dynamite, 10/05
MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Kenny Omega, AEW Dynamite, 10/05

Nth for these ones

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Momo had a MOTYC? I have to see this

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Testekill posted:

WMOTYC: Adam Cole vs Chris Jericho- AEW Double or Nothing 5/28

Boring and tame, awful finish as well.

nth

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom in Sunshine 6.25.2023

MOTYC: Queen's Quest vs Oedo Tai- Loser leaves unit cage match. I'll be dropping my ratings for the rest of this show, Forbidden Door and Dynamite soon but I had to come here and post this one immediately after hearing all sorts of rave reviews about it. Absolutely incredible. High drama, really smooth action for a match that has 12 people inside a cage, definitely going down as one of my favourites this year

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
12th May
New Japan Best of Super Juniors Night 1
Best of Super Juniors A Block
Hiromu Takahashi vs Mikey Bailey
Watch this here

Best NJPW match since Okada vs Shingo in February.

nth

Stardom Midsummer Champions 07.02.2023

MOTYC: Starlight Kid vs Nanae Takahashi.
MOTYC: MIRAI vs Tam Nakano (c) for the Wonder of Stardom championship
MOTYC: Natsupoi vs Saori Anou Indian Strap Match

Forbidden Door 06.25.2023

MOTYC: The Black Pool Combat Club, Shota Umino and Konosuke Takeshita vs The Elite, Eddie Kingston and Tomohiro Ishii
MOTYC: Orange Cassidy vs Daniel Garcia vs Zack Sabre Junior vs Katsuyori Shibata
MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Kenny Omega

AEW Dynamite 06.28.2023
MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs Tomohiro Ishii

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

AEW Dynamite 05/07

WMOTYC: Britt Baker vs Ruby Soho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
14th June
Kenta Kobashi Produce Fortune Dream 8
Jun Akiyama & Minoru Suzuki vs Team 200kg (Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu)
Watch this here

nth