Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

HM: Hyper Misao vs Shoko Nakajima
HM: Miu Watanabe (c) vs Trish Adora - International Princess Championship
HM: Reiwa AA Cannon (Saki Akai and Yuki Arai) (c) vs Wasteland War Party (Max the Impaler and Heidi Howitzer) - Princess Tag Championships
HM: Yuka Sakazaki (c) vs Miyu Yamashita - Princess of Princess Championship

great show, great promotion

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Rarity posted:

HM: The Main Event, NJPW New Year's Dash, 05/01

It's a mystery card so no one knows who's involved in the matches until the music hits, not even the announcers and not even the participants. poo poo gets wild.

nth

I really liked this one, great in ring storytelling

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM: TMDK (Zack Sabre Jr., Mad Mikey Nicholas, Hysterical Shane Haste & Kosei Fujita) vs. Bishamon, Tomohiro Ishii & Oskar Leube - NJPW Road to The New Beginning (1/24)

They went insanely hard for a Road to show in Korakuen. Fujita continues to prove that he (along with Oiwa) are the best young lions NJPW have had in a very long time. The dynamic here between Ishii, Fujita and Zack was a great story thread.

Nth

New Japan is back in my opinion

SG Bamboo posted:

ChocoPro presents BAKA GAIJIN + Friends Vol. 2 January 24th
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KR-rvh-AoE
HM
Drew Parker vs Thanomsak Toba

Nth
This was my pick of the night, a lot of the silly spots I really like in these type of shows

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 1/25

HM: Action Andretti & Ricky Starks vs. Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara
HM: Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal

2 great matches on a very good dynamite

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

MOTYC: Emi Sakura vs. Jamie Hayter (c) - AEW Rampage 1/27

This match made me yell "motherfucker" at my TV.

nth

put Emi Sakura on the board

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

DDT Sweet Dreams! - Dark matches 1/29
HM: Bonno Dai Shacho Presents No Fee Rumble: Sanshiro Takagi Vs Fuminori Abe Vs (a bunch of indie jobbers) ASHUKA Vs Ariji Akinori Vs Shosaku Inoue Vs Kaijin Mukuro 696 Vs Kim Yocchan Vs Crusher Inoba Vs Great-CO-Khan Vs Great-GO-Khan Vs Gundan Hitori Vs Shinya Vs Tsutenkakuka Vs Dick Zlater Vs Tezuka awesome Ichiro Vs Dopyu♡McIntyre Vs Tadaki Toronomi Vs “Great Mother” Mazakon Kid Vs Big Bear Vs gently caress Takeda Vs Thick And Hard Kankuro Hoshino Vs BRA-VO Vs Hen China Vs Macho Gallows Vs Mori Haruomi Vs X

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Sweet Dreams! January 29th
MOTYC
Kazusada Higuchi (c) vs Yuji Hino - KO-D Openweight Title
- Just give me two beefy fuckers absolutely brutalising each other and i'll always be happy. Higuchi's chest was already chopped raw 5 minutes in but he kept fighting on against the immovable object, that's why he's my champ

HM
Shinya Aoki and 37KAMIINA (Toi Kojima and Yuki Ueno) vs Yukio Sakaguchi, Hikaru Machida and Thanomsak Toba
37KAMIINA (Shunma Katsumata and MAO) vs Omega (Makoto Oishi and Shiori Asahi) - KO-D Tag Team Titles

Jesus loving Christ that main event, what a war

Nth, highly highly suggest you watch the DDT rumble if you have wrestle universe and a taste for weird goobers in wrestling.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Max Heart Tournament Night 3 January 29th
HM
121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh) vs Karate Girls (Moka Miyamoto and Juria Nagano)
Kyoraku Kyomei (Hyper Misao and Shoko Nakajima) vs DayDream (Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi)

nth Tag Tournament has been pretty good

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Jon Moxley vs. Hangman Adam Page - AEW Dynamite 2/1
HM: Konosuke Takeshita vs. Brian Cage - AEW Dynamite 2/1
HM: Bryan Danielson vs. Timothy Thatcher - AEW Dynamite 2/1
MOTYC: Darby Allin (C) vs. Samoa Joe for the TNT Title - AEW Dynamite 2/1

Absolutely incredible Dynamite.

nth

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Not that bad but maybe the biggest a guy pencilled to be the top star has fallen flat since the guy he was wrestling did ten years ago to the point that it could have been on purpose lol

I posted too much about this in the thread but:

1. They had to know that Taichi losing the match before would kill the building

2. NJPW has a succesful formula for building babyface stars and it ain't kissing babies and shaking hands.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 5, 2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo, 05/02

Ishii did a Yoshi Tonic what the gently caress man

nth

Tough and Strong

Do High-Flyer Moves On U

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

TJPW Max Heart Princess Finals 2/11
HM: Moka Miyamoto vs Arisu Endo
HM: Yuki Arai vs Pom Harajuku
HM: Janai Kai & Hikari Noa vs Rika Tatsumi & Yuki Aino
HM: Miu Watanabe & Suzume vs Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki & Mizuki)
MOTYC: Shoko Nakajima & Hyper Misao vs 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita & Maki Itoh) - Max Heart Tag Team Tournament Finals

I'll nth this great show

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Jay White vs. Hikuleo, NJPW The New Beginning in Osaka, 11/02

Incredible character work from Jay combined with a genuinely uncertain outcome makes this a must watch

nth everything this match needed to be

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC

Kazuchika Okada vs Kaito Kiyomiya
NOAH Keiji Muto Final Pro Wrestling “Last” Love ~Hold Out~ (2/21)

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Keiji Muto vs Masahiro Chono

Just because it happened

Nth for these two, wasn't feeling the false main

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I may literally be insane, I was looking directly at it and seeing the Naito match listed and yet I look back now and it absolutely 100% isn't there. Either I was somehow looking at the wrong post or my brain just went,"gently caress it, I'm making poo poo up."

Sorry fez_machine!

It was the non-standard show name placing. I understand.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 3/3

MOTYC: Riho vs. Emi Sakura
HM: Dustin Rhodes & Keith Lee vs. Parker Boudreaux & Swerve Strickland

nth I'll overrate an Emi Riho match any day of the week

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 4, 2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Yokohama Unlimited Vol.2 March 4th
HM
DisasterBox (HARASHIMA and Toru Owashi) vs Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi and Yuki Ishida)
MAO vs Ryota Nakatsu
Yuji Hino and Yukio Sakaguchi vs Yukio Naya and Takeshi Masada

nth

The DisasterBox vs. Harimao is an especially good comedy match because all the people who have trained in Sumo decide to team up together and gently caress up Harashima using Sumo moves

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
BAKA GAIJIN + FRIENDS VOL. 3 07/03/2023

HM: A bunch of comedy matches (Jerusalem ignore this, just wanted to indicate that they were a lot of fun and the whole show is worth watching)

MOTYC:

Chris Brookes vs. Yukihi Maya

You've never seen a match as high workrate or as stiff as this one in as small an area as this one. Got a This Is Awesome chant from Will Ospreay/Aussie Open manning the hardcam.

Go out of your way to see it.

Available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmlsiU4mlxY

if not I or Chris Brookes will bootleg it.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

graph posted:

MOTYC: Adam Page, Evil Uno, and Stu Grayson vs. Blackpool Combat Club, AEW Dynamite, 3/15
HM: Orange Cassidy (c) vs. Jeff Jarrett, AEW International Championship, AEW Dynamite, 3/15
MOTYC: House of Black (c) vs. The Elite vs. Chris Jericho, Sammy Guevara, and Daniel Garcia, AEW Trios Championship, AEW Dynamite, 3/15

nth

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Grand Princess II March 18th
MOTYC
Miu Watanabe (c) vs Rika Tatsumi - International Princess Championship
- Started off slow but got real good real quick, two partners throwing everything at each other including one of the sickest finishes I've seen in a while

Wasteland War Party (Max the Impaler and Heidi Howitzer) (c) vs 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh) - Princess Tag Championships
- It's a rare match that can make the final boss of TJPW an underdog but WWP managed it here. Max's run has been fantastic but this match sold me completely on Heidi as well, she rules

Yuka Sakazaki (c) vs Mizuki - Princess of Princess Championship
- MY EMOTIONS

HM
Suzume vs Arisu Endo
Ram Kaicho and Free Wifi (Nao Kakuta and Hikari Noa) vs Raku Appreciation Society (Raku, Yuki Aino and Pom Harajuku)
Ryo Mizunami vs Moka Miyamoto
NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michelle) vs Kamiyu and Billie Starkz

Teej don't miss when it comes to big shows, only thing I was even a little disappointed in was the Aja Kong/Yuki Arai match

Nth

I think Andrezea was better in Ice Ribbon and could have done with just a little more on the finish of the Mizuki v Yuka match

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MOTYC: the lucha trios match on the WrestleCon Supershow 30/03/2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MOTYC: Athena vs. Emi Sakura ROH TV: 30/03/2023

Vikingo vs. Black Taurus was in the split screen, I was watching this loving match

put the belt on Emi in ROH Tony

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

MOTYC: AAA Mega Champion Title Match: Hijo del Vikingo vs Komander vs. Black Taurus - Wrestlecon Mark Hitchcock Memorial Supershow 3/30

completely insane match.

nth

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Sakura Genesis April 8th
MOTYC
Bishamon (YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto) (c) vs Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher and Mark Davis) - IWGP Tag Team Championships
- Fletch is going to be such a star in a couple years, but for now he and his bogan uncle are putting on banger after banger with The Lads. It's quite the accomplishment to get such a face pop over a couple of New Japan lifers in Goto and Hash but the Aussie boys managed it

Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs Robbie Eagles - IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship
- Robbie is absolutely brimming with personality, learning by the Zack tree has been an absolute godsend

Kazuchika Okada (c) vs SANADA - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship
- Kazu is the best in the world, what a petty smug fucker he is. Sanada is also pretty good I guess

HM
El Desperado, YOH and Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Minoru Suzuki, Great O-Khan and Toru Yano
David Finlay and Bullet Club (El Phantasmo and KENTA) vs Master Wato and Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Hikuleo)
Mercedes Moné (c) vs Hazuki vs AZM - IWGP Women's CHampionship
Zack Sabre Jr (c) vs Shota Umino - NJPW World TV Championship

Fantastic show, my MOTN was the tag title match but there was zero duds
nth

If you're still hearing that NJPW booking is stagnant you're listening to people who don't have eyes

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
WMOTYC
DDT “MAX BUMP 2023 TOUR IN SHINJUKU”, 15/04/2023

Falls Count Anywhere Scramble Bunkhouse Street Fight 6-Man Tag Team Death Match
: Sanshiro Takagi, Joey Janela & Takeshi Masada Vs Yukio Sakaguchi, Antonio Honda & Hideki Okatani

Totally heatless and plodding. Absolutely no intensity. Antonio Honda, of all people, had most of the best bumps.

Nobody (except maybe Honda) felt like they had their working boots on.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 15, 2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
gently caress it I'm gonna nominate all the matches from the latest ChocoPro for HM

ChocoPro #308 04/30
Ichigaya Chocolate Square

HM
Chie Koishikawa & Baliyan Akki vs Choun Shiryou & KOJIO

Shivam vs Shin Suzuki

Emi Sakura & Hagane Shinno vs Mei Suruga & Andruew Tang

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
ChocoPro309 5/1

MOTYC: Emi Sakura Farewell Royal Rumble
Emi Sakura, Mei Suruga, Chie Koishikawa, Miya Yotsuba, Sayaka Obihiro, Tokiko Kirihara, Andruew Tang, Baliyan Akki

Really fun. Great layout for a Royal Rumble.
Like all the big ChocoPro multi-wrestler messes is a good intro point to the promotion.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kazuki Hirata vs. Hikaru Machida in a Dance vs. Kickboxing Mixed Martial Arts Challenge - DDT Mega Max Bump 5/3

A delight, made all the better by the presence of "Ring Girl" Sayuri Namba who slapped the poo poo out of Hirata and Machida for almost ending the match immediately, then the referee for good measure!

nth

A fun match in the classic DDT style

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Chris Jericho vs. Roderick Strong in a Falls Count Anywhere Match - AEW Dynamite 5/17

This was loving incredible, so much fun, incredible crowd and visuals (and sound!), a perfect ending, fantastic crowd interaction, dumb spots galore, just pure pro-wrestling fun.

nth

not the dipping dots level good probably better

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

BAKA GAIJIN + FRIENDS Vol. 5 May 23rd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWOOm699kpQ
HM
Chris Brookes vs Hyper Misao
MAO and Mei Suruga vs Hagane Shinno and Chie Koishikawa
Drew Parker vs Masahiro Takanashi

Love me some Baka Gaijin

nth all these matches were on the upper limits of HM for me a great show to catch

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
All the entrances are muted so I'm assuming it was the background music that played under crowd conversation and direct talking to the camera during an interval

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Baka Gaijin vol 5 is fixed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWOOm699kpQ

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
here's the thread you wanted:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3990193

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

this kid is nuts posted:

Gatoh Move Mei Suruga 5th Anniversary Show 29.05.23

MOTYC: Baliyan Akki vs Minoru Fujita vs Shinno Hagane
MOTYC: Mei Suruga vs Momoka Hanazono

nth

Gatoh Move in-ring shows are real good

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jun 20, 2023

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

HM: CM Punk, FTR & Ricky Starks vs. Bullet Club Gold & The Gunn Club - AEW Collision 6/24

The crowd was loving wild for this and all the wrestlers drank in the energy and leaned into it and it made for an utterly delightful match to watch, filled with all kinds of great (and often hilarious) moments.

This was a MOTYC for me

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Stealing Bamboo's formating

AEW/NJPW presents Forbidden Door June 25th
MOTYC
Orange Cassidy (c) vs Zack Sabre Jr vs Katsuyori Shibata vs Daniel Garcia - AEW International Championship
Kenny Omega (c) vs Will Ospreay - IWGP United States Championship
The Elite (Adam Page, Nick Jackson and Matt Jackson), Eddie Kingston and Tomohiro Ishii vs Blackpool Combat Club (Claudio Castagnoli, Wheeler Yuta and Jon Moxley), Shota Umino and Konosuke Takeshita

HM
MJF (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - AEW World Championship
Satoshi Kojima vs CM Punk
SANADA (c) vs Jack Perry - IWGP World Heavyweight Championship

Great show. AEW unfortunately ran out of pops for the main event

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Wrestle Peter Pan July 23rd
HM
Yuji Hino (c) vs Chris Brookes - KO-D Openweight Championship
Harimao (Kazusada Higuchi, Yuki Ishida and Ryota Nakatsu) (c) vs Eruption (Yukio Sakaguchi, Saki Akai and Hideki Okatani) - KO-D 6 Man Championships
MAO vs TAKA Michinoku
Yukio Naya and HARASHIMA vs Jun Akiyama and Shigehiro Irie
Konosuke Takeshita vs Yuki Ueno
Daisuke Sasaki vs El Desperado

Takeshita vs Ueno could have absolutely been MOTYC with just one little change. A couple of dud matches and a couple that didn't hit the heights I hoped but still a very good show on the whole

Nothing got to MOTYC for me but Takeshita vs Ueno was the work rate highlight of the show. Absolutely brutal looking stuff there.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
5th July
Gatoh Move In Shin-Kiba
Super Asia Title
Hagane Shinno(c) vs Emi Sakura
Watch this here

This was terrific. I really do enjoy Gatoh Move in a proper ring, it's a different kind of fun. Let's some of their real good wrestlers show off.

Nth, this is great. A really frantic match. Emi rules

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Blackpool Combat Club (Mox & Claudio) vs. Best Friends in a Parking Lot Brawl - AEW Rampage 8/4

Real sicko poo poo from blood obsessed, pain loving lunatics.... and Jon Moxley is in the match too!

nth

these matches rule

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
HM
August 11
ChocoProLIVE! #325
Masahiro Takanashi vs Choun Shiryu vs Munetatsu Nakamura

Glad that ChocoPro is now in 1080p60fps and far better white balancing. The sound was real blown out but that's ChocoPro since the beginning.

Really fun three way dance here. Nakamura is a Ganbare guy who showed a lot of fire. They did a spot towards the end that was classic Chocopro messy and weird. The women's matches were a lot of fun and Yotsuba showed herself very well for a rookie with only 55 matches under her belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Tetsuya Naito vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW G1 Climax Semi-Finals 8/12

These boys are crazy :stare: - the Stardust Genius callback had me absolutely losing my loving mind.

nth, this one is going to be a Meltzer 5+ starer