Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (C) vs. Kenny Omega for the IWGP US Heavyweight Title - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 1/4

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Bandido - AEW Dynamite 1/18

Holy gently caress this was good. Just a random Dynamite, Danielson out there having PPV Main Event Quality matches. Bandido just hurking him around with his surprising strength. Hot crowd. Amazing match.

Nth

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dango Bango posted:

WMOTYC: Bray Wyatt vs. LA Knight (Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match) - WWE Royal Rumble 1/28

What

I was torn about whether the color was enough to redeem it but the post-match angle pushed it over the edge, Nth

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

graph posted:

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Hangman Adam Page - AEW Dynamite 2/1
MOTYC: Darby Allin (C) vs. Samoa Joe for the TNT Title - AEW Dynamite 2/1

99% of the time I think this forum goes overboard with the MOTY noms for Dynamite/Rampage matches but these two. Hoo baby these two hit the spot. Nth

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
AEW Dynamite 2/8

MOTYC: MJF (c) vs. Konosuke Takeshita
MOTYC: RUSH vs. Bryan Danielson
HM: The Elite (c) vs. AR Fox & Top Flight

That trios match is only HM because it feels silly to give MOTYC to my fifth favorite match on AEW television over the past week. What a world

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

HM: KAIRI (C) vs. Mercedes Mone for the IWGP Women's Championship - NJPW Battle in the Valley 2/18

This is what the Wrestle Kingdom match should have been. drat good, with Mercedes getting to remind people why she was so popular for so long in WWE, and KAIRI of course just loving rules. Was legit surprised by the ending, did not expect KAIRI to lose!

Nth for this and

HM: Zack Sabre Jr. (C) vs. Clark Connors for the NJPW World Television Championship - NJPW Battle in the Valley 2/18

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Orange Cassidy (C) vs. Wheeler Yuta for the AEW All Atlantic Championship - AEW Dynamite 2/22

They didn't have to go this hard. They did that for us. :shobon:

Nth

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Revolution 3/05
HM: Jungle Boy vs Christian Cage - Casket Match
HM: The Elite (Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks) (c) vs House of Black (Malakai Black, Brody King & Buddy Matthews) - AEW Trios Championships
MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs Hangman Adam Page - Texas Death
MOTYC: MJF (c) vs Bryan Danielson - AEW World Championship Iron Man Match

My nths

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
MOTYC: Orange Cassidy (C) vs. Jeff Jarrett for the Leveled-Up AEW International Championship (Thanks to Shazam! Fury of the Gods), AEW Dynamite 3/15

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dango Bango posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. El Hijo del Vikingo - AEW Dynamite 3/22

Nth

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Professor Funk posted:

HM - Seth Rollins v Logan Paul, WM 39

nth, MOTN

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
MOTYC: Intercontinental Championship Match: Gunther (C) vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre, WrestleMania Night 2, 4/2

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
MOTYC: Mercedes Mone (C) vs. AZM vs. Hazuki for the IWGP Women's Championship - NJPW SAKURA Genesis 4/8

My introduction to AZM and Hazuki and they're just obviously good as all hell. The pinning sequences, double submission attempts and strike exchanges made this feel like maybe the best three way match that actually consistently used the presence of all three wrestlers in the ring as an asset

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Rey Fenix, Dynamite, 5/10

nth

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Chris Jericho vs. Roderick Strong in a Falls Count Anywhere Match - AEW Dynamite 5/17

This was loving incredible, so much fun, incredible crowd and visuals (and sound!), a perfect ending, fantastic crowd interaction, dumb spots galore, just pure pro-wrestling fun.

Nth

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Mercedes Mone vs. Stephanie Vaquer - NJPW Resurgence 5/21
MOTYC: Willow Nightingale vs. Momo Kohgo - NJPW Resurgence 5/21
HM: CHAOS (Okada, Ishii & Rocky) vs. Blackpool Combat Club (Mox & Yuta) & Shota Umino - NJPW Resurgence 5/21
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW Resurgence 5/21

I'm gonna go nth for all of these and bump Willow-Momo up to MOTYC; real good story in that one for a match I was going in cold on

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
WMOTYC: Brock Lesnar v. Cody Rhodes, WWE Night of Champions, 5/27

Really dumb stuff!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
HM: Jungle Boy and HOOK v. La Faccion Ingobernable (Dralistico and Preston Vance), Texas Tornado Match, AEW Dynamite 6/7

What a nutso throwaway match

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

graph posted:

MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. Penta El Zero Miedo vs. Trent Beretta - Anything Goes Match - AEW Dynamite 200 - 8/2
HM: El Hijo del Vikingo and Komander vs. Aussie Open (c), ROH Tag Team Championship - AEW Dynamite 200 - 8/2

Gonna Nth these two

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: El Phantasmo vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW G1 Climax Night 14 8/6

The card was underwhelming and the crowd treated it as such, then came alive for this main event which made it clear from the very start that both guys intended to put it all out there and leave nothing behind. Crazy match.

I was ready to give this an HM and then it had a top-tier ending stretch so I'm gonna go ahead and Nth this as a MOTYC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
WMOTYC: Becky Lynch vs. Trish Stratus, WWE Raw 8/14/23

Tuned in on a lark and was really surprised by how rough this was