Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

You can pencil me in for Ospreay/Kenny on the MOTYC list - not that you need it.

My in-the-moment thoughts on it since I just watched it: I thought they peaked in the first half!!! Kenny was in complete control. His offense was BRUTAL, and Ospreays selling was out of this world. It was so good that when Will actually made his comeback it actually kind of LOST me a bit. I couldn't believe Will was taking that much control after Kenny had looked so strong. I think if you cut Ospreays comeback to be 1/3 of the length it was - the match is utter perfection. But as they went - I don't feel like it was a full 5-stars-easy-MOTY-nobody-will-follow-that.

Great match though. And I recognize I might be on an island with this thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Fish Of Doom posted:

WMOTY Tiffany Stratton vs. Thea Hail submission match.

Just a disaster that completely fell apart in the last few minutes concluding with maybe the worst boston crab ever.

I had to give this match a watch because cagematch had it rated a 6/10 and DAVE ESSENTIALLY WENT EVEN HIGHER THAN THAT, IF YOU CONSIDER ***1/2 STARS IS A 7/10

I don't exactly hate the layout of what they tried to do in the match, but it was slow, it was clumsy, and the ending sequence is really something else (BAD). Always very funny when commentary is screaming to us about what the gimmick of the match is - NO ROPE BREAKS - only for the wrestlers inside the ring to completely forget. Thea Hail just...letting go of her Kimura lock for seemingly no reason.

Then the Boston Crab spot as she screams "AAAUUUGH OWWWWW" is even crazier.

Bad match. Yeah. Consider this a WMOTY vote from me also if it's needed, Jerusalem

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Main Event personally didn't work with me but I am gonna be throwing a nom in for Stadium Stampede for MOTYC.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
12th October
Kakuto Tanteidan ~ We are the Fighting Detectives
Fuminori Abe vs Takuya Nomura
Watch this here

Heard good things about this, was worried it might be overhyped in the first half - though I thought it was real fun. Then in the second half it got so so great. Think it peaked just before the finish but gut feeling is I give it around ****1/2 and want to see more of these guys. MOTYC for sure.