Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I just love the Ocarina ending. First, a memorable boss fight with great music and big setpieces. Then, a great medley of the game's music with a big dance party.

This was a lovely way to re-experience the game with Frenzy's experience and Silverchaser and SorryNotMorrie's inexperience, but often great intuition. Thanks for doing it, it will be great to see you guys teaming up again in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Writer's Tears is a good whiskey, and this has been a wonderful LP. Thank you, Frenzy, Silver, and Sorrie, and I'm looking for to the eventual Majora's Mask lp!

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Incredible LP, and the imperial march giggles were wonderful.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Agreed, the Imperial March interrupting every couple minutes got funnier each time it happened. Thanks for doing the LP!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Don't think I've lingered on the ending frame long enough to get the scarecrow song which is probably for the best because I never made a actual song for the scarecrow.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I dont think they regret it as much as they dont really factor it into development anymore. Skyward Sword was the big nod to it, but then BotW/TotK took and picked whatever the devs wanted without really caring where it would land the games chronologically.

Honestly its my opinion that its The Legend of Zelda and not The Completely Accurate Historic Records of Zelda and the timeline should be used as a suggestion at most.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ConanThe3rd posted:

Honestly its my opinion that its The Legend of Zelda and not The Completely Accurate Historic Records of Zelda and the timeline should be used as a suggestion at most.

The Highly Improbable Exaggerations of Zelda

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Legends of Zelda are about as accurate as the Pokedex because both are largely compiled by credulous children who just want to make up cool poo poo.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

davidspackage posted:

The Highly Improbable Exaggerations of Zelda

The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Zelda of Hyrule, Princess.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The Lies of the Great Fairies: A Hyrulean Timeline

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Quite literally The Hyrule Fantasy for the first one.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 2, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The Legend of Zegend: Ocarina of Tocarina.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
I'm glad people ended up enjoying this thread so much. I said near the beginning that I was a little worried people wouldn't be interested in yet another Ocarina of Time LP, but it really was great getting the girls' first impressions and reactions and theories.

And I'll say again, I do plan on bringing them back for Majora's Mask. But I'm going to wait until it gets a Ship of Harkinian emulator because it's just so much nicer than regular emulators.

Natural 20 posted:

Just a note as I'm watching.

You can also use the spin attack to bounce back all the projectiles on his charge attack.

And you can use Light Arrows to stun Ganon Phase 2 so you can get at his tail easier!

TapamN posted:

Since this bit wasn't mentioned in the LP, leaving this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S_91PsVr9A&t=32s

It's Ganon bottle

And still learning new things up to the end. I really wish I knew about the spin attack thing, I bet that looks so cool.

Natural 20 posted:

Honest to god I would just love to see the girls react to Gerudo Town in BotW.

There's a lot of things in BOTW and TOTK that would be great to show them, but I really don't think I'm capable of LPing them. They're just such huge games with so much in them, I think it would require an entirely different style of planning and playing and editing.

TwoPair posted:

I hate timeline chat so much because aside from the obvious direct sequels like Majora (or Phantom Hourglass or Tears of the Kingdom or Twilight Princess I guess, etc, etc) you just know nobody actually making the games cared that much. They put references to other games in the games but that doesn't mean they're on some magic actual timeline. It's just an idea so Nintendo can get more people to buy Hyrule Historia and folks bought it hook, line, and sinking lure sinker.

... actually I guess all this anger really just stems from me thinking that the idea/addition of a "Link Dies" timeline is the stupidest loving thing and I hate it.

This is sorta how I feel about the timeline stuff. It's neat, and I like a lot of the references that do exist, like the stained glass in Wind Waker and locations like "Mido's Swamp" in BOTW/TOTK. But all the effort and rationalizing to try and fit it into a formal timeline just turns me off. Personally, I like to think of it more like a multiverse scenario, and Ganondorf trying to take over the world and being foiled by Zelda and Link is like a nexus event or a fixed point or whatever.

Carbon dioxide posted:

The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Zelda of Hyrule, Princess.

Gotta give this a real big "hell yeah!"

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Hey Frenzy do you know about the hidden restock room on the bottom floor of Ganon's castle? IIRC correctly it's directly under the entrance door (or directly opposite) and it's hidden by a Lens of Truth wall.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

I'm glad people ended up enjoying this thread so much. I said near the beginning that I was a little worried people wouldn't be interested in yet another Ocarina of Time LP, but it really was great getting the girls' first impressions and reactions and theories.

Because of the age and near mythical popularity of Ocarina of Time, I think people sorta assume that everyone has played the game, and so most LPs usually end up being ROM hacks, gimmick runs, or just lazy longplays. This is actually the first "plain" LP of OoT I've watched from start to finish (sorta; still 4 vids left,) because, first and foremost, you let the game unfold itself at its own pace, showing us why OoT is such a beloved game. And not only do you three have fantastic chemistry, you're also really good at knowing when to let the commentary take the back seat, so the game can shine. This was a fantastic LP, and you guys were the perfect crew.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

This is sorta how I feel about the timeline stuff. It's neat, and I like a lot of the references that do exist, like the stained glass in Wind Waker and locations like "Mido's Swamp" in BOTW/TOTK. But all the effort and rationalizing to try and fit it into a formal timeline just turns me off. Personally, I like to think of it more like a multiverse scenario, and Ganondorf trying to take over the world and being foiled by Zelda and Link is like a nexus event or a fixed point or whatever.

I think they had the split timeline in mind when doing Wind Waker and Twilight Princess specifically due to what OoT references got put into those backstories, but the "Link dies" timeline got invented for Hyrule Historia just so they could have a spot to put in all the pre-OoT games which weren't intended to be on a timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

inscrutable horse posted:

Because of the age and near mythical popularity of Ocarina of Time, I think people sorta assume that everyone has played the game, and so most LPs usually end up being ROM hacks, gimmick runs, or just lazy longplays. This is actually the first "plain" LP of OoT I've watched from start to finish (sorta; still 4 vids left,) because, first and foremost, you let the game unfold itself at its own pace, showing us why OoT is such a beloved game. And not only do you three have fantastic chemistry, you're also really good at knowing when to let the commentary take the back seat, so the game can shine. This was a fantastic LP, and you guys were the perfect crew.

I really appreciated getting the first time experience because I never beat Ocarina as a kid. I wasn't good enough at video games to get past the first temple until Majora's Mask, but I never beat the last temple of that one either. So it was nice to see a let's play that didn't assume I knew everything about the game already.