Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I've been catching up with this LP, wouldn't have thought I could still enjoy watching someone play this game I've played to death myself, but I'm loving it. Great combo of playstyle and fun commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cradok posted:

I will never get tired of Silver and Morrie's insistence that Link is 300.

No...

Kibayasu posted:

I’m not sure I ever knew that guard was in the alleys.

I'm sure I never knew, I would've remembered him dying, jeez.

It made me consider I never thought about what happened to the actual king of Hyrule that you never see. Did Ganondorf kill him?

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 26, 2023

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I love how disappointed SilverChaser and SorryNotMorrie were at the end, for having to stop :3:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I always wondered a bit what happens with Ingo after you run off with Epona. Was it a magic spell? Did Talon kick his rear end? Is he just scared of Ganondorf so he gives the ranch back to Talon?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

TwoPair posted:

I know the Water Temple is the popular one to hate on but I genuinely think I hated the Forest Temple when I first played the game. I got lost all the time.

I still get lost in it all the time, and the music is the creepiest in the game.

These 18+ dungeons are a lot tougher

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I thought I'd gotten all pieces of heart in the game once, but now I doubt it, because I don't recall the one you get from roof guy at all.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Those rolling boulders are kind of polite. "Sorry, did I hit you? I don't have eyes. I'll just go the other way, have a good day."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
SorryNotMorrie can refresh her memory of episodes past with these handy cartoon summaries:

Something About OoT: the 3 Spiritual Stones
Something About OoT: the Forest Temple
Something About OoT: the Fire Temple
(rife with memes and loud sounds, but they still crack me up)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Carbon dioxide posted:

This always works.

The "fill the lake" part of the hint refers to the fact that normally, you need the Water Temple's item to actually make it over to that island, so there's no point to shooting the sun yet (the internet says you can get around that by using the bean plant or the scarecrow's song).

I feel like I probably knew that, but the ending still caught me off guard.

I started thinking whether that allows for any sequence breaking, but I suppose the special arrows don't have any major utility in this game.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The Dark Link encounter is such a cool setpiece. It's kind of unfortunate that fighting him with the sword becomes just button spam, but it's still very memorable.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I've had the most success with the fishing by tossing near a fish and then wiggling so much that Link starts pulling the lure back to him. The fish seem more likely to bite if you make them chase it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Always fun when you get to this part and it's just hey we're in Silent Hill 64.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Occasionally my eyes drift to the quick menu on the right and the items start looking like a little scarecrow man.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Koume and Kotake are wonderful, I love that they still appear in Majora's Mask. The Twinrova fight is cool, but it can wear on your patience. I forget, can you switch Z-targeting from a toggle to "hold to Z-target" in OoT? I've never tried, but it would probably make the boss fight easier.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I took the Lost Woods route too, was sweating when I realized Frenzy wasn't even going to go through the back door in Darunia's room, but up the mountain instead.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Natural 20 posted:

The loving *cackle* after "We've got a lure you might be interested in," is emblematic of why this LP rules.

Absolutely. I very much hope to hear you three cover more games after this.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I just love the Ocarina ending. First, a memorable boss fight with great music and big setpieces. Then, a great medley of the game's music with a big dance party.

This was a lovely way to re-experience the game with Frenzy's experience and Silverchaser and SorryNotMorrie's inexperience, but often great intuition. Thanks for doing it, it will be great to see you guys teaming up again in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ConanThe3rd posted:

Honestly its my opinion that its The Legend of Zelda and not The Completely Accurate Historic Records of Zelda and the timeline should be used as a suggestion at most.

The Highly Improbable Exaggerations of Zelda