Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Enjoying the LP so far. I tried to play this as a kid but sucked at video games so I never made it through the first night stuck in Terminal field and rage quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Isn't Termina the location of the sequel, Majora's Mask?

Fun fact: the name Kakariko comes from French "Cocorico" which is the sound a rooster makes, like cock-a-doodle-doo in English.

Oops. Majora's mask was the only Zelda game I've ever played so must have mixed that up in my head.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Kibayasu posted:

I completely forgot about that little trek into the lost woods. It actually feels kind of weird looking at it now since you basically just left for your big adventure and had a big goodbye to Saria and now you're just going back.

Were we "supposed to" do this earlier in the game before Hyrule or death mountain? Or is this when we're supposed to come back?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Most striking power comes from hips and core, not arms. Really it's probably the same problem as other forms of super strength, extra power without extra mass to leverage against. Even if the gloves are enhancing his strength, he does t have any more traction with the ground and can only use so much of that power before losing his balance. It's one thing when you're digging in to the floor and pushing against a large object, but in a fight you can only commit so much without losing balance or leaving yourself open.

Alternatively the gauntlets don't actually increase his strength but just magically decrease the weight of the specific material in the stone blocks.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

inscrutable horse posted:

Because of the age and near mythical popularity of Ocarina of Time, I think people sorta assume that everyone has played the game, and so most LPs usually end up being ROM hacks, gimmick runs, or just lazy longplays. This is actually the first "plain" LP of OoT I've watched from start to finish (sorta; still 4 vids left,) because, first and foremost, you let the game unfold itself at its own pace, showing us why OoT is such a beloved game. And not only do you three have fantastic chemistry, you're also really good at knowing when to let the commentary take the back seat, so the game can shine. This was a fantastic LP, and you guys were the perfect crew.

I really appreciated getting the first time experience because I never beat Ocarina as a kid. I wasn't good enough at video games to get past the first temple until Majora's Mask, but I never beat the last temple of that one either. So it was nice to see a let's play that didn't assume I knew everything about the game already.