Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Yeah, the original wallmasters came out of walls in Zelda 1, in LTTP they did the "shadow descending from the ceiling thing".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've been waiting for the payoff on "Link is 300 years old" for a while now :allears:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's three slightly different versions of OOT on the N64, and while the majority of fixes are bug fixes, in 1.2 the Fire Temple music was changed, among a few other cosmetic changes you'll see later. All three builds were finished before release but *generally* the gold carts are 1.0, the grey carts were usually 1.1, and "Player's Choice" cartridges are aways 1.2. I had a 1.0 grey cart because I tried some very elaborate glitches I learned on GameFAQs.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Watching classic OOT graphics running at 60 fps is a little disorientating.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Ocarina has a hold-to-target option and that's the first thing I flip when I start a new file.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Edit: I see you figured out the charge attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The battle tennis thing originally started in A Link to the Past, where you had to smack mid-boss wizard Agahnim with his own magic. You could do that with the sword or with the bug net. There's a similar fight in Link's Awakening, where the attack could be deflected with either a sword or a shovel. It's been in the majority of Zelda games from there, usually from a Ganon or Ganon-adjacent dude. In one of the DS games it was officially named "Dead Man's Volley" but I don't think it's really caught on, either because nobody played the DS games, or nobody thought the battle tennis needed a name.