Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Man with Hat posted:

And also, as Odd Wilson mentioned, there are glitches around this but with just a sword and a shield you can crouch stab away all day glitchless.

I'm pretty sure crouch-stabbing keeping the previous attack's damage is a glitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Carbon dioxide posted:

IIRC the owl at the lake reappears. Unlike the owl at the top of Death Mountain which is single use.

Neither of the shortcuts are single use, unless there's some modded version out there to remove the owl. As long as you're a kid, he's there.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

This is sorta how I feel about the timeline stuff. It's neat, and I like a lot of the references that do exist, like the stained glass in Wind Waker and locations like "Mido's Swamp" in BOTW/TOTK. But all the effort and rationalizing to try and fit it into a formal timeline just turns me off. Personally, I like to think of it more like a multiverse scenario, and Ganondorf trying to take over the world and being foiled by Zelda and Link is like a nexus event or a fixed point or whatever.

I think they had the split timeline in mind when doing Wind Waker and Twilight Princess specifically due to what OoT references got put into those backstories, but the "Link dies" timeline got invented for Hyrule Historia just so they could have a spot to put in all the pre-OoT games which weren't intended to be on a timeline.