Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Can never have too many OoT LPs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

Isn't Termina the location of the sequel, Majora's Mask?

Fun fact: the name Kakariko comes from French "Cocorico" which is the sound a rooster makes, like cock-a-doodle-doo in English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivht-MNTwRE

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

You can move *some* cuccos for the benefit of making it possible to pick up more of the remaining candidates in the time, without needing to bother shifting them all. That's probably the best use of time/rupees.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Mandatory: I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Hey, congrats on getting all the stones and beating the game. Weirdly short for a flagship title on the console but there we go.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

TwoPair posted:

I know the Water Temple is the popular one to hate on but I genuinely think I hated the Forest Temple when I first played the game. I got lost all the time.

Yeah, I think it's at least as confusing as the Water Temple. WT is fine as long as you don't miss that one key but I somehow always get messed up in the Forest Temple. And the music is creepy as heck.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The "oh no I am defeated" animations for Phantom Ganon and Ingo are weirdly similar. Hands on head and flail about.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

TwoPair posted:

I think the Bolero of Fire is still probably my favorite OoT song

Some interesting stuff here about the creative challenges of writing 12 distinct and memorable tunes with only 5 notes: https://youtu.be/_SeY_Gss2CY

(mild spoilers for a couple of songs/temple names we haven't encountered yet)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Huh, I never knew you could knock the fire guys out of their big flaming suits with the hammer. I suppose I always just did the thing that I already knew worked from the first time.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Also neat to point out, the Sheikah are a different race of people separate from the Hylians, similar to the Gerudo. Which is cool because it turns out each Temple is actually tied to one of Hyrule's races. But of course, what does that make Rauru?

Zonai (but disguised as an old man/owl for inscrutable reasons)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Dead Hand is definitely the grossest enemy. It even twitches while it fades out after being defeated. The worst.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Love the feature pillars in the Iron Knuckle room that don't even come close to reaching the ceiling.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Mirror Shield validates my decision to go Red Tunic all the way to the end of the game

Ocarina of Time is about Fashion

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I'm so strong now I have these gauntlets, I can fling massive stone pillars weighing many tons across the room.

Cool! Can you hit stuff any harder with your sword?

Uh, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Legends of Zelda are about as accurate as the Pokedex because both are largely compiled by credulous children who just want to make up cool poo poo.