Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smax
Nov 9, 2009

As a kid I don’t remember ever getting all the way to Goron City without already having the song. I think I probably did Hyrule Castle, Lon Lon Ranch, then went back to Kokiri Forest via the main entrance. If I recall, at some point Navi starts wondering what Saria’s up to in that time frame, but I’m going off some very old memories at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smax
Nov 9, 2009

davidspackage posted:

I've been catching up with this LP, wouldn't have thought I could still enjoy watching someone play this game I've played to death myself, but I'm loving it. Great combo of playstyle and fun commentary.

I agree. With the reactions to the characters and things in OoT, I’d like to see everyone’s thoughts on the sometimes hilarious and/or grimdark characters in Majora’s Mask.

smax
Nov 9, 2009

Gotta master climbing those walls to get to the ceiling.

Taps head.

smax
Nov 9, 2009

If I remember right, the boomerang works but the hookshot doesn’t.

smax
Nov 9, 2009

I’m glad the co-hosts got at least a small taste of how much of a pain backtracking to get all of the keys can be, even if this isn’t a blind run and you know what you’re doing. I feel like you should ignore the ability to quickly toggle your boots for a few puzzles just to get across how annoying it was to have to go into the menu and manually do it each time.

I remember playing through as a kid and this level took for ever. Years later I picked up OoT on the 3DS, and they did make some welcome quality of life changes. The one big change that stuck out to me was on the passage under the floating platform- the cutscene where you raise the water lingered on that passage way longer than it did in the original N64 version. By that point I knew exactly where it was, but that was one of the few changes to gameplay/cutscenes where it was obvious the developers were trying to throw new players a bone.

smax
Nov 9, 2009

Artix posted:

There's a gossip stone that tells you about using it to cheat at the chest game though.

That one was shown off in the video.

I never realized the gossip stones name dropped the owl, twice. I’ve somehow never looked at those two before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smax
Nov 9, 2009

TapamN posted:

Seconding that it was great LP.

Since this bit wasn't mentioned in the LP, leaving this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S_91PsVr9A&t=32s

It's Ganon bottle

The first time I played this as a kid, this is exactly how I did it. I couldn’t figure out that you had to just swing your sword to bounce the shot back, and in my frustration I just started trying every single item in my inventory to see what worked. Bottle works? Bottle it is!