Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Bit of a deadbeat dad if you ask me. Probably knew all along Link would get blamed and cast out and force him to go on the quest :colbert: (I forget if this is an actual plot point).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Man, forget the night skeletons and other future enemies, that buzzsaw in the meadows freaked me right out way back when.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Impa has that effect on everyone.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This is just one of those weird things but I always felt like I was mispronouncing Kakariko when I was a kid. It never sounded right. No I don't know how else you would pronounce it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So where do the royal family get their zombies? I'm guessing castle market vagrants.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I completely forgot about that little trek into the lost woods. It actually feels kind of weird looking at it now since you basically just left for your big adventure and had a big goodbye to Saria and now you're just going back.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Your co-hosts had a classic case of solving the puzzle in a few seconds then talking themselves out of it :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You know for the life of me I cannot remember how you get the king to move so I guess I have that to look forward to.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Does it count as a timely April Fools if you watch it a day later? :thunk:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

And now I remember why I didn't remember how to move the king. Fuuuuuuck that letter in a bottle.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It's easy to ignore one sub-weapon or another because of the inventory limits. Deku nuts probably left my inventory almost permanently once I got the fire spell

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I’m not sure I ever knew that guard was in the alleys.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Someone somewhere has definitely doodled what would actually happen if Epona jumped the outer wall instead of the front gate.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

As bad as the redeads were between the wall masters and the weird music kid-me was absolutely terrified of the forest temple. Even a later dungeon didn't do as much as the forest temple.

Also the wall masters should have been called ceiling masters right? They're on the ceiling.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I mostly just wondered what the hell a bolero was.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

TwoPair posted:

"Skull-tu-la" is now the way I hear that name in my head when I see it written somewhere. It's so charming.

I know how to pronounce it and that's how I've always said it anyways.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I don't think I ever did anything except swing the sword wildly because I was a supremely uncreative child.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

TwoPair posted:

I forgot about Zelda Sheik's weird hiding in the tree/swan dive exit rather than the usual smoke bomb. Very strange. I'd love if they had him exit in new ways in every appearance.

Unfortunately it turns out the only place to hide in the fire temple was in the lava and Mork knows Shiek isn't going to try that trick again Joke shamelessly stolen from Spookums in Dawn of War Retribution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0vDQWMJNbE

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Insert that scene from Looper where Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt talk about time travel here.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Should we make unsubstantiated connections between the boss carpenter's son and the evil well? Maybe we should.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Man I do not remember having to beat the chest game or that the Lens of Truth could see through chests at all. I know for a fact I've done a 100% run before so I must have known at some point but man that just slips away, huh?

Case in point a lot like our host I also don't remember if I ever found the Forest Stage and I'm pretty sure most of the time I used a strategy guide. Maybe those guides didn't care about deku nuts, deku sticks, or travelling back to town every time either.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

And now Impa is now the sage of the BDSM temple, as it should be.

Anyways what a delightfully bizarre design for a boss. Doesn't even matter that it has nothing to do with whatever it going on the temple.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

My brain is always telling me that changing time is more mandatory than it actually is but I think that's all the side stuff, or maybe just the magic beans.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Zelda Randomizers just seem like masochism to me.

There's version of those randomizers that assume you know how to glitch through walls or whatever so will put the plot advance items literally anywhere.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Commander Keene posted:

:eng101: It's Egyptian mythology where your heart (which is where ancient Egyptians believed the soul resided, so your "heart/soul" confusion means they're basically the same thing) gets weighed against a feather! If your heart was lighter than a feather you got to go to the afterlife, if it was heavier than the feather your heart (and thus your soul) got eaten by Ammut, a goddess with the head of a crocodile, the foreparts of a leopard, and the hindquarters of a hippopotamus.

I love how sometimes the arrow you shoot to break the barrier at the end of each trial will just be hovering in midair through the cutscene with the sage.

Bet that test was creatively interpreted a lot for the more "important" people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Don't think I've lingered on the ending frame long enough to get the scarecrow song which is probably for the best because I never made a actual song for the scarecrow.