Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

BlazetheInferno posted:

Shame the stick breaks after a single hit.

But, you can glitch it to the half-stick by jump slashing a wall at a certain angle. Then you have an infinite stick, although it's rather short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

sebzilla posted:

Yeah, I think it's at least as confusing as the Water Temple. WT is fine as long as you don't miss that one key but I somehow always get messed up in the Forest Temple. And the music is creepy as heck.

davidspackage posted:

I still get lost in it all the time, and the music is the creepiest in the game.

These 18+ dungeons are a lot tougher

I guess I'm the odd one out as someone who's always loved the Forest Temple and the music. I think it's chill, if a bit strange. I don't really get lost in it anymore, but randomizer runs will do that to you. I don't really mind getting lost in it anyways, I probably like it so much just because the aesthetic is my jam.

I honestly don't know which is my least favorite, but I know I'm never excited to do Jabu Jabu for some reason. Water is tedious at times, but I don't hate it.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

38 - The Spirit Temple (Adults Only)

Link heads back to the future to continue progressing through the Spirit Temple.

The thumbnail and the title reminded me of one of the strangest things in OoT.

The hookshot has some weird locations that can be hit, but someone at Nintendo... well, quoting from TCRF:

The Cutting Room Floor posted:

In an brave effort to subvert society's concept of programming as the domain of sexually-frustrated nerds packed into cubicles, an unnamed-but-heroic martyr cast his very professional reputation on the line to... ensure the goddess statue's nipples were Hookshot-able?

:geno:

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Explopyro posted:

The Gerudo Training Ground is a fun diversion, but I've always found it one of the weirder aspects of this game. It's very elaborate, but there's almost no reason to do it, especially given how unimpressive the reward works out to be. One gets the impression the ice arrows were stuck there just because the devs were attached to the idea of there being three arrow types, and they had to put them somewhere. (They finally did realise their potential in Majora's Mask, but in this game they're basically just a damage upgrade.)

Given all the enemies the arrows do work on, including Bongo Bongo, it's pretty odd they're so out of the way. They even work on blade traps, apparently. I mean, thematically it would make sense to put it in the Ice Cavern, but the Iron Boots are already there as part of the natural line in redoing Earth, Fire, Water in order again.

I feel like the Ocarina Randomizer inherently knows how underused the GTG is, because I'll be damned if not every single seed has made me have to grab something particularly important from it.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
It's a less evil way to obtain money, though it's so late in the game. If you're a monster, well... As adult link, you can kill the skull kids in the Lost Woods, they drop 200 rupees on death.