Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Car
Sep 14, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Poor Chinatsu will end up getting found as a thief despite this investigation having nothing to do with her.

Well, not poor, better to stop that behaviour before it gets any more dangerous, but still, kind of funny. Also I imagine her moving the camera means we're missing crucial information, so I wouldn't say it's Mabuchi or Haruka for sure yet.

It sounds like this was the last of the investigation and next time we'll be going right into the summation, so it seems too late to be adding another suspect, to me. The camera conspicuously doesn't cover Haruka's exit from the room, so I think it's likely that what we're missing is her coming out with the murder weapon.

That said, other than the meta-knowledge of "the camera being moved must have concealed something important from us," I can't see any evidence that would narrow it down between Mabuchi and Haruka. And from a different meta angle, the game has been leaning really hard on Haruka being suspicious, whereas the Mabuchi connection is very subtle and is something the player has to notice for themself, so if this weren't supposed to be fair-play I would 100% think it was him and not her due to narrative convention (the person who gets the bright neon "Suspicious!!!" sign right before the end is rarely the actual culprit), and that would also be more satisfying from a gameplay perspective.

Although... could they both be in on it? Usami appears to have been stabbed from the front (or from above?) without resistance, and that could just be because he was drunk, but it's possible Mabuchi put something in that mineral water. And if someone disabled the door on purpose, that seems more likely to have been him than Haruka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU