Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

turned our country into a giant lovely car mall and obliterated all social fabrics then got sad that we’re lonely and everything sucks

Zombie Malls rule. :zpatriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

TheSlutPit posted:

Americans: Noooo we're not racist anymore chattel slavery ended like 160 years ago and we had the civil rights movement and a black president and furthermore America is acutally very multicultural and and...
Euros: Yup, we're racist. Problem?
europeans will post about how gypsies are beasts and that shooting refugee boats to smithereens is good, claim that's sensible nationalism for adults, and then decry america for being uncouth racists. we're definitely no self-assured enough to embrace the label and complain about how american mongrels are dragging the good name of racism through the mud.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
More of a regional thing, but pink margarine

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

europeans will post about how gypsies are beasts and that shooting refugee boats to smithereens is good, claim that's sensible nationalism for adults, and then decry america for being uncouth racists. we're definitely no self-assured enough to embrace the label and complain about how american mongrels are dragging the good name of racism through the mud.

euros see American racism as being barbaric because we group all ethnicities together eg blacks, whites, and couple different kinds of brown, instead of hating each individual country and the people from it for individual reasons

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

fantasize how it would better to live in a different white country

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

euros see American racism as being barbaric because we group all ethnicities together eg blacks, whites, and couple different kinds of brown, instead of hating each individual country and the people from it for individual reasons

asking a hungarian why they hate slovaks or w/e is adorable

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

or fantasizing about moving to a nonwhite country and being at the social apex, or moving to a nonwhite country and integrating better than even the indigenous. did you know they don't even wear kimonos anymore?

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Rhodesia themed 55+ year old retirement communities

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm on south padre this week and will get a photo with me and a life-size cardboard cutout of our past and future president on sunday

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

the round door handles are insane

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

These are just normal doorknobs? :confused:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

do you need a giant bellowing knocker

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

it all comes back to budk

https://www.budk.com/Doorballs-Door-Knocker-High-Quality-PVC-Constructi-46739

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Dokapon Findom posted:

What is the best thing for beef to eat to make it taste good?

I'm a fairly conservative fellow so I think cows should eat grass. Maybe in the form of hay or silage (anaerobically fermented grass) over the winter. I've never had the grain fed stuff but supposedly it is less gamey, ie flavorful. I wonder if it is partly because cows get more exercise if they have to walk to their meal.

I always heard it was the people in the appalachian mountains whose accents was closest to the original colonists since they were relatively isolated

Heavy Ulster Scots influence so no

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

They are right. It's high time the rest of the world starts labeling the handful of American nationalities as what they are, eg American White.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

he got no dick :smith:

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Weka posted:

I'm a fairly conservative fellow so I think cows should eat grass. Maybe in the form of hay or silage (anaerobically fermented grass) over the winter. I've never had the grain fed stuff but supposedly it is less gamey, ie flavorful. I wonder if it is partly because cows get more exercise if they have to walk to their meal.

Heavy Ulster Scots influence so no

Cows in America eat grass to. The grains are sorta like a last meal to get some extra fat which obviously effects flavor.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Feral Integral posted:

Lol how does stanly cups go viral. Wanna see a deep dive on that marketing. Brand poo poo is so alien to me fr

here is a good video on the topic

https://youtu.be/EwwqtwbeU00?si=BNh2u5p3B-hFTF6d

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 10 days!)

euugghh a floating headdd

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Weka posted:

I remember some State Dept affiliated ghoul posting about their time in Pakistan and while they had fully authentically themed American-style steakhouses, the only thing that wasn't true to form were the steaks themselves due to how the beef is raised differently to the point of effectively being a different species than the one we are used to back home

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

I remember some State Dept affiliated ghoul posting about their time in Pakistan and while they had fully authentically themed American-style steakhouses, the only thing that wasn't true to form were the steaks themselves due to how the beef is raised differently to the point of effectively being a different species than the one we are used to back home

yeah I've eaten a bunch of west african cattle and the cuts were pretty unrecognizable by texan standards

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Orange Devil posted:

They have diarrhea at least weekly, OP. They think this is normal.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Cows in America eat grass to. The grains are sorta like a last meal to get some extra fat which obviously effects flavor.

Sounds gross.

After some further research I have found that the USDA has standards for grass fed beef but not grain fed. Testifying to the superiority of cows not fed up on subsidized corn and soybeans but eating a free market diet of grass and legumes.

Dokapon Findom posted:

They literally are a different species, Zebu cattle were a seperate domestication. There has been of course significant cross breeding in some modern breeds. Can't find much information on it but I suspect the hump means they have less fat in the meat.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?
Grassfed always tasted better to me , beef or lamb (I refuse to eat lamb that isn't grassfed)
Grain fed is much more common (corn), cheaper here, but the taste is a lot more bland, milder
Most American palates are rather bland in general unfortunately, though some people are starting to branch out a bit and be slightly more adventurous
There's also way too much sugar in so much stuff, including bread

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Maybe we can feed the cows sugar??

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

how else do you get sweet cream

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

i say swears online posted:

how else do you get sweet cream

chocolate milk comes from brown cows, remember ?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
you get the deepest and most interesting beef flavors when you raise your cattle on beef

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

You open a gastropub in any mid-american city, call it boeuf aux prions du terroir, tack on some frites+aioli. That's a $60 plate. Easy money.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

vyelkin posted:

they turn every drink into a milkshake and then pretend they aren't walking around the office drinking milkshakes all day every day

Whenever I go to Starbucks or McDonald's to get a large black iced coffee, they usually ask me 2-3 times if I'm sure I don't want 300 calories of fat & sweetener in it

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 10 days!)

i think excessive red meat consumption falls under the thread title, fitting

Weka
May 5, 2019

TheSlutPit posted:

You open a gastropub in any mid-american city, call it boeuf aux prions du terroir, tack on some frites+aioli. That's a $60 plate. Easy money.

I prefer freedom prions

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

MadSparkle posted:

Grassfed always tasted better to me , beef or lamb (I refuse to eat lamb that isn't grassfed)
Grain fed is much more common (corn), cheaper here, but the taste is a lot more bland, milder
Most American palates are rather bland in general unfortunately, though some people are starting to branch out a bit and be slightly more adventurous
There's also way too much sugar in so much stuff, including bread

Grass fed beef/meat is also much healthier for you than grain fed beef/meat

And ffs avoid processed meat altogether

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Zadok Allen posted:

thought this thread was for american stuff not italian

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
consume american meat product, american cheese product and american bread product until they get weird novel diseases then take drugs with insane side effects to fix that

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I had burgers two days in a row this weekend, but they were different kinds so I should be healthy

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Zadok Allen posted:

which process is the bad one?

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

lol American "cheese"

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

MadSparkle posted:

lol American "cheese"

hosed up things Americans do: have food substitutes they have to put in quotation marks