Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ummm idk i live here so it's all normal to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

any country that plays baseball cant be that bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pnn1Q1uP44

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

long drive-thru lines are hosed up imo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

americans love saying poo poo like gusano and inshallah despite destroying entire regions where these words come from

we're a melting pot

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Americans will be like: "Listen, I might take a lot of crap for this, but I gotta say it" and then say an opinion you've heard every day of your life

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

basketball and baseball are popular in many parts of the world

I think they probably meant American Football, specifically

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

thats just one sport

well then they made a bad post

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

ruin this thread

thread was ruined from the op, op

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ain't nobody gonna screw the gray thingy to the outlet

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

exmarx posted:

they sell dogshit drip-filtered coffee in their cafés and "diners" – looks like this:

yeh could you freshen me up

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

exmarx posted:

they talk way too loud

gently caress YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

War and Pieces posted:

get so fat they need special doors and hospital beds but for some reason they can still fit in Ford pickup trucks

tbf that one ISIS guy was this fat too

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Teacher! Teacher! That man is sitting in the wrong seat in the The-atre!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

palindrome posted:

Pouring white sugar on popcorn would not surprise me, but also see the popular "kettle corn" for some gross sugary garbage you can find at fairs, farmers markets, and in the grocery store.

thread has lost the plot if you're shittalking kettle corn

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

exmarx posted:

they only think the "domestic" box office matters, including for movies that weren't made there

drat u right that's hosed UP

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Weka posted:

Americans are fat and have poor taste in food.

kettlecorn is good

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

the only reason ive ever been tempted to do genetic testing or genealogy research is to know what part of wales is the most ancestrally correct part to play as in crusader kings

Wrong thread, this is the only cool reason to get your DNA tested

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Weka posted:

Mmmmm fat, salt and sugar on bland nutritionless starch. I like vegetables, meats and also grains and legumes, with some herbs and spices.

I like those too :)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

Negative temperatures are literally nonsensical in the first place, so Celsius is just as dumb, arbitrary, and useless of a system as Farenheight and people who tend to make a big stink about it are the "I loving love science" facebook idiots who think science is a someone staring intently at a beaker as they swish it in circles.

drat this mf using kelvin

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tristeham posted:

lol @ negative numbers hater

nooo! you can't have a dash in front of the number, that makes it not real! my 3rd grade brain can't parse what it means, noooo!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

another one lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i say swears online posted:

could fry an egg out here, chief

me alone in my study looking out the blinds towards your house all weekend: but why did they call me chief?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I heard that the Mormons started the insane spelling variations thing so thanks to the most American religion for that

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

exmarx posted:

they talk themselves up to an insane degree in job interviews

this is so hosed up

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Driving themselves to the hospital while hosed up or running away from the scene of an accident while injured to avoid 5,000 dollar ambulance rides

it's cool that every time my wife has a seizure at work they make her take an ambulance to the hospital for insurance reasons even though we are the ones who have to pay for it every time and so far she's been completely conscious by the time the ambulance actually arrives. I love that this is something I have to think about instead of just worrying about my wife getting the best care possible.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

vyelkin posted:

buy enormous pickup trucks when the price of gasoline goes down for a week

i watched a target employee walk a single paper bag out to a gigantic truck in a pick-up spot yesterday lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

drink blood

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

build giant ramps on their highways to do tricks with their trucks and motorcycles on

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

sharks that live in the sewers

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

genetically modified pig people kept in underground labs to harvest organs from for the ruling class

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

we still do it!! and it's hosed up!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Keeping all food in large, opaque glass jars that they also keep scorpions in

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

having a complex system of marriages for each building you enter

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Kazzah posted:

creating soulless machines to do jobs once done by cheerful talking prehistoric animals

i was shocked when i got to go to europe for work and i saw that they were still making their espressos the old fashioned way - grinding the beans in the mouth of a baby woolly mammoth by rotating his trunk like a crank

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

use hooks to hang themselves from the ceiling instead of sitting in chairs

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Presto posted:

No, this belongs in the "cool things" thread.

don't worry, already took care of it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i have a beautiful accent

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Buck Turgidson posted:

what the gently caress lol

the only things that exist in america that aren't monetized are things that were created as public goods before like 1970. everything after that has been monetized as much as possible. if we just now started building public bathrooms, we'd be putting credit card activated locks on every stall door, sink, toilet, hand dryer, etc.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i say swears online posted:

I don't understand the money transfer app thing. wtf does Zelle do and how is it different or worse than what euros use

i don't use zelle but venmo offers you the ability to transfer your cash to your bank account at a "standard" rate of 1-3 business days for free or charges you a fee of 1% of the amount transferred to do it instantly. but these are all the exact same digital transactions, and there is nothing stopping them from just putting the transfers through in the order they come in, other than the opportunity to charge a premium to remove the delay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i use an electric kettle to make tea :)