Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I think they probably meant American Football, specifically

NFL sells out Wembely every single time they come to London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Being pathetically horny while having a puritanical sense of public morality leads to a lot of disgusting sex pests.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

mawarannahr posted:

getting really into fentanyl

Tbf opioid highs are the best feeling you'll ever have and if you do enough you won't even notice when your life falls apart.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

mawarannahr posted:

I’ve heard fentanyl gives you a fake plastic bullshit high with no euphoria and it lasts like an hour. you can’t get heroin anymore either. it’s like… uh, idk. HFCS? microplastics?

It's not that you can't get heroin, it's just that pound-for-pound it makes more business sense for cartels to smuggle fent. But the whole fent thing makes it too risky to buy hard drugs on the street anymore because the street-level idiots keep cutting literally everything with it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Non-Americans are always whining about how they hate Americans but then complain that we’re constantly murdering each other with guns and it just feels like there’s no pleasing you people.

tbf we're murdering some fairly sympathetic victims. If someone hosed down the board of Blackrock or Wells-Fargo we'd probably get at least a curt nod.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Homocow posted:

thanks for reminding me:

This painting was literally in my grade school history textbook.

But if you really want to see something wild, check out the state seal of MN. It's literally about genocide.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Megamissen posted:

temperature in fahrenheit

Farenheit is good, all Celsius users are weird as poo poo.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Weka posted:

Pretty much everywhere but America is weird as poo poo?

America is also weird as poo poo but at least we're on the correct temperature scale.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Y'know, I haven't really thought about it before, but that whole executing people thing is pretty hosed up.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Weka posted:

Mmmmm fat, salt and sugar on bland nutritionless starch. I like vegetables, meats and also grains and legumes, with some herbs and spices.

Slow down there, Paul Bocuse. Try to leave room for us mere mortals.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Still one of the top 10 scenes in wrestling history.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Weka posted:

I like to call Canadians American, lets face it, they basically are.

Is there anything of interest there?

I enjoy walking by the burnt-out remains of the 3rd Precinct, and if you're coming in for a visit from outside there are worse places to wind up, but if you're bound and determined to visit the Midwest why wouldn't you go to Chicago instead?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

yellowcar posted:

speaking of minnesota, hotdish is pretty hosed up and disgusting

My mom fed a family of 5 for $9 with tuna hotdish and it was fine.

Wild Rice hotdish and wild rice soups are loving great.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
My favorite way to mess with Texas is to pronounce it "tejas".

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
All the coups. We love a good coup-en.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

silicone thrills posted:

US gift giving culture is super hosed up. Theres this drive to give people something! ANYTHING! and it doesn't matter if the person absolutely doesn't need or want that thing. It took me a decade to get my mother in law to stop buying us random loving garbage she saw in JC Penny or where ever and to kill off the family white elephant which was entirely "just spent 25$ on junk and bring it and we will all try to make jokes about it and then it will all go in the garbage as soon as we get home"

This is also super loving hardcore in pretty money tight groups too like no please do not put yourself in debt for holiday gifts. It is absolutely not worth it in any way.

If you want to buy me something because you genuinely saw I didn't have a i really needed or I expressed a serious desire for it or something, sure. Cool. Go for it. But otherwise just dont just buy something for me because im a check box on a list. I'm an adult. If I dont get a gift im fine and it doesn't hurt my feelings. Im also an adult though and I just buy poo poo I need myself.

Once upon a time I was at the state fair and since it was the last day this guy was trying to offload this 5' tall brass copy of King Tut's mummy case for $200.

I bought it and had it crated and shipped out to my BiL. Sent him a prybar and a hammer the week before with no note. Middle of the afternoon he gets this gigantic crate with the mummy case in it.

That loving thing was dumped on various family members for years until my uncle hauled it out to the middle of the woods, stood it against a tree, and left it there.

Best purchase of my life.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Brandon Proust posted:

insist that their language is unique for having loan words

The various patois that pop up wherever populations rub against each other is interesting.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

This guy would start saying this poo poo then up lying on my kitchen store wondering why I tore his throat out with my teeth.

Or this is an amazing troll.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

gently caress you. I'll eat street meat until I die!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

My 3-year old niece picked up Britishisms from watching Peppa Pig. I thought it was cute.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

guidoanselmi posted:

I think the premise of the Bob's Burgers pilot was something like this.

Bob's was originally supposed to be about a family of cannibals who got meat from Mort's Mortuary and fed it to the community. It was good that they did a rework because that show doesn't sound like much fun.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Shogi posted:

when you put in a car insurance claim in Australia you have to estimate the speed the guy that hit you was doing. The options are like normal, fast, excessive and ‘hoon’

hosed up things Australians do

Hooning is the greatest innovation in Australian history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I like celsius because it takes me by surprise. Like, some Australian will tell me, "gently caress me, mate. It's 43 degrees out and I feel like I'm dyin'!" And I'm like, "43? That's a nice day in November here. Just let me convert celsius to farenheit and... JEEEEZZUS!"