Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

A Buttery Pastry posted:

[...] We do use the flag as decoration for celebrations, arguably to put that celebration on the level of official flag flying day celebrations - meaning the birthday of a little kid for example is raised up in importance to the level of that of the queen's. Obviously it does enforce nationalism by associating the flag with celebrations, but there is no conscious awareness of the nationalist connotation when (most) people do it - for better or worse. I don't think the same can be said for people hanging flags on their houses.

Whoa, you have brain space devoted to thinking about a queen? I never considered that, I just have a constant low key burning fervor for freedom. :911:

Pouring white sugar on popcorn would not surprise me, but also see the popular "kettle corn" for some gross sugary garbage you can find at fairs, farmers markets, and in the grocery store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Well I never thought popcorn was missing a bunch of caramelized sugar but I guess it's popular. And Crackerjack is a classic snack so sure, sweet popcorn for all.

Clapping at the movie theatre is hilarious though, it feels very dumb to be surrounded by such a thing

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Wait in a long line of cars for 45+ minutes for gasoline at Costco to save maybe $0.10 (10 cents) per gallon. So... maybe $1.50 or $2 if you have a large gas petrol tank

Buy a whole bunch of useless poo poo that smells like "pot pourri' and "decorate" your house with things like this

and thank u for a house

palindrome has issued a correction as of 06:24 on Jan 10, 2023

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Trixie Hardcore posted:

If you’ve never been in a Hobby Lobby it feels like being cursed. That’s the best way to explain it, you feel cursed and have an overwhelming urge to escape the Hobby Lobby. I don’t know if it’s because they’re pumping infrasound through the speakers or it’s actual curses radiating off all the looted relics.

hobby lobby is extremely cursed. I know it's a funny internet term but goddamn, spend 30 minutes in there trying to buy a gift of... Lily® Sugar 'n Cream® Solid Yarn | Hobby Lobby and you'll feel it. I was a 90s kid so I understand the low-key energy of these yarn stores but it is tremendously magnified, and unashamedly in your face which (I hope) makes it uniquely American. Rest assured as you are slowly cruising through strip-mall parking lots with ample speed bumps, that you will observe multiple 50-year-old women angrily stomping to and from this franchise store, hauling their various holiday or "live life love/wine tomorrow" merchandise.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

for some reason spell it "manuel" transmission

instead of saying "tour" pronounce it "tore" -- this is multi-regional and not a specific dialectic according to my anecdotal research.

Q: What is your main industry?
A: tore-ism

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Trying to figure out the least bad insurance to enroll in

palindrome has issued a correction as of 04:01 on Jan 17, 2023

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

yeah that part is extremely key

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

wearing a t-shirt and lovely cargo pants or ripped jeans to the office