Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
SANADA vs Naito is the big question mark for me. Because Naito will probably bring his A game, so the question is if SANADA can step up to the next level. He's been... fine... as champion but I feel like he's kind of settled into the problem a lot of us predicted in that he's just not got that next level that someone like Tanahashi or Naito or Okada or even Omega, Ibushi and Ospreay have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Gaz-L posted:

SANADA vs Naito is the big question mark for me. Because Naito will probably bring his A game, so the question is if SANADA can step up to the next level. He's been... fine... as champion but I feel like he's kind of settled into the problem a lot of us predicted in that he's just not got that next level that someone like Tanahashi or Naito or Okada or even Omega, Ibushi and Ospreay have.

He needs a spot in every match where Taichi slaps the poo poo out of him and commands him to focus.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Thauros posted:

https://x.com/TAKAMIOHBARI/status/1738401380245938374?s=20

deep l translation

he baton has now been passed to our ace, Hiroshi Tanahashi.

From now on, I believe that Mr. Tanahashi, who has a fan's perspective, a player's perspective, and a management perspective, will create the best New Japan ever.

Thank you very much for your support over the past five years at New Japan Pro-Wrestling and three years and two months as president.

He started his management career at the bottom of the Corona disaster, when mobilization plummeted due to the NG's voice. Along with measures against Corona and cost reduction, I have created various reforms, new businesses, globalization, and other systems, but most of the time I was still in "birth pains". However, whenever I went to the meeting place, I was always cheered up by everyone, which encouraged me to work hard again, and through this cycle, we managed to recover our business performance to the level of record sales.

All that remains now is for the new president to go above and beyond!

I would like to thank everyone again at the press conference on the 26th.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

I’m sure there’s just a letter missing off the start of the quote but I’m enjoying the masculine energy of Tana being handed ‘The He Baton!’

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr president ace

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Card's final. Added are the Rambo on the pre show, final 4 go on to New Year Dash for the KOPW belt.
Uemura vs Tsuji and Shota/Kaito vs Narita/EVIL.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd rather a Shooter/Narita singles but otherwise a good card. Hyped to be going live (unless Comiket wipes me out)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Will challenged Okada for Battle in the Valley

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1739299978156326946

I like this challenge as it means it adds some intrigue to the three way as I can see them having WIll win and than losing to Okada. It'd be unlikely as hell but it does give it some

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That is smart booking, which is going to make it even funnier when Finlay wins.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I could also legit see Ospreay or Mox winning and holding the belt until Forbidden Door. I mean, that's only missing what, 2 tours, and you could have them do one of the bigger Japan shows and the US ones in that time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It depends on what niche they want the belt to occupy, I suppose. If it's supposed to be like the Intercontinental Championship and be something that can main event shows, you probably put it on Finlay, the guy that's in Japan that you want to push. If it's supposed to be like the IWGP US Championship, something to represent NJPW's foreign expansion, you can put it on Moxley or Ospreay for sure and have them defend it in AEW to try and draw eyes back to you.

Or you could have Ospreay win it and then have Okada beat him if you wanna do that first thing.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

if Okada's wanting to do more foreign dates but still be in Japan he'd be not a bad choice as champion as he can do the odd Dynamite/TNA show with the title during say BOSJ or New Japan cup too

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Will challenged Okada for Battle in the Valley

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1739299978156326946

I like this challenge as it means it adds some intrigue to the three way as I can see them having WIll win and than losing to Okada. It'd be unlikely as hell but it does give it some

Isn't Okada book at Hard to Kill that day?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

Isn't Okada book at Hard to Kill that day?

Okada is working the Snake Eyes tapings on the 14th not working the PPV

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ospreay is also working those tapings.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Okada is working the Snake Eyes tapings on the 14th not working the PPV

Got it. Thanks!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/CiaranRH93/status/1739276433485160839

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Taguchi showed hole and got rewarded :)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dunno what that is but I see Tanahashi outside the top 5. Washed.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

New Japan's bodybuilding competition

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I could've sworn I've seen these results before, I remember being stunned by DOUKI's physique and wondering why he wrestles in a shirt

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

They do it every year as a fun little fan vote thing, I wanna say Douki has placed high in past years but never won.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Tama dropped all the way to third this year after winning the last. He should be replaced by someone more swole for the Shingo match at WK, like our jacked gremlin lad

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I could've sworn I've seen these results before, I remember being stunned by DOUKI's physique and wondering why he wrestles in a shirt

Most likely the crazy amount of acne on his back

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

Tama dropped all the way to third this year after winning the last. He should be replaced by someone more swole for the Shingo match at WK, like our jacked gremlin lad

Most likely the crazy amount of acne on his back

I mean he wrestled in small Lucha indies so it's not shocking

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

He's an executive now, he needs his brain swole, not his body

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Dec 26, 2023

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I'm getting a warning message from my browser when I try to access NJPWWorld.com:

"Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to njpwworld.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details."

I assume they just forgot how computers work again or something?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AlmightyPants posted:

I'm getting a warning message from my browser when I try to access NJPWWorld.com:

"Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to njpwworld.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details."

I assume they just forgot how computers work again or something?

I had that on Chrome when I was using the bookmark from the old site, but getting to the site through google and rebookmarking it has stopped the issue from coming up on my end. Not a huge computer person but guess they changed the IP but kept the same DNS when they updated the site which led to certificate issues

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Tanahashi's first press conference as President is worth a read

https://www.njpw1972.com/167068

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

Tanahashi's first press conference as President is worth a read

https://www.njpw1972.com/167068

quote:

–Do you think that this position will affect how you approach the in ring side of things?

Tanahashi: I’m obviously thinking about the rest of my active career. Obviously as for everyone, within that the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship is a key goal. This is probably the only business where guys can freely beat up their boss, so that might make me an even bigger target, but I hope to make all the boys angry with how hard I’m fighting (laughs).

This is so good

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/1739198807378944472?t=PJ8sMSEYkChsMOBFKQaKzw&s=19

Danielsons njpw shirt has been done by the lady who does all the metal style shirts

https://twitter.com/hdbng_1030/status/1710259320552886345?t=7M-Vsqb7pQMqu2kt-FtPjQ&s=19

Now I just thought she was being directly contacted the wrestlers but I doubt Danielson is aware of her. So if she's now being directly involved with njpw expect 2024 to the year of the metal album t shirt. The house of torture shirt is legitimately great imo

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 26, 2023

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
That's a very good shirt, Taz is gonna be hot tho

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

SG Bamboo posted:

I had that on Chrome when I was using the bookmark from the old site, but getting to the site through google and rebookmarking it has stopped the issue from coming up on my end. Not a huge computer person but guess they changed the IP but kept the same DNS when they updated the site which led to certificate issues

That did it, thank you!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/1739198807378944472?t=PJ8sMSEYkChsMOBFKQaKzw&s=19

Danielsons njpw shirt has been done by the lady who does all the metal style shirts

https://twitter.com/hdbng_1030/status/1710259320552886345?t=7M-Vsqb7pQMqu2kt-FtPjQ&s=19

Now I just thought she was being directly contacted the wrestlers but I doubt Danielson is aware of her. So if she's now being directly involved with njpw expect 2024 to the year of the metal album t shirt. The house of torture shirt is legitimately great imo

Yeah it's a shame HoT isn't nearly as good as the shirt. Maybe they'll turn it around!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
god that shirt is so much cooler than any shirt aew will ever sell

hope it shows up in the US shop but would be surprised if you could get it any way other than import

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Barry Bluejeans posted:

That's a very good shirt, Taz is gonna be hot tho

Taz is always hot

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

harperdc posted:

Taz is always hot

no thats hook

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Don't know how accurate it is cause Dave's Japan reporting has issues these days but while breaking down the Tanahashi appointment as president he mentioned that Obari and Okada did not get along. And I guess given the choice between Obari and Okada we saw who won out

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So do Kidani and New Japan hate each other or something?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

With the earthquake in Ishikawa prefecture, will that change the mood or tone of WK?

Are there any Japanese charities that could be donated to to help with relief efforts since it'll be really loving cold for those people.

Any goons out there doing okay?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Thankfully, it seems as though there was relatively little damage done and not too much more on the way - Japan already downgraded their tsunami warnings to advisories. So I doubt it'll have much impact, aside from maybe something at the beginning of the show honoring those hurt by the disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
https://twitter.com/kelen_59/status/1741943635384656194?t=OzOLsuFv9rslhtDwNGOnRA&s=19

Someone drew fanart of the main event.