Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

TenementFunster posted:

“White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent 59.3%”

what is the hispanic and latino population of australia?

That's self reported, right?

TenementFunster posted:

Ask them; they will tell you.

I guess if your idea of diversity is different types of Europeans. But you said Australia was whiter than the USA and unless you want to say these people of European descent self identifying as white aren't white then it's simply not true.
Perhaps the USA has a small edge in diversity because it has land borders and because it's been settled by non native people for longer? Australia had birthright citizenship until the 80s.
Anyway, peace.

Zeroisanumber posted:

"original" doing a lot of work there, chief.

Oh for sure, I figured you all would know what I meant without having to think about some technical term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

everyone shut the gently caress up about demographics in my cool thread, america is a melting pot.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

everyone shut the gently caress up about demographics in my cool thread, america is a melting pot.

free speech is another cool thing Americans do, buddy

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Americans don't like to just get into gang fights
They like flowers and music and white girls named Debbie too

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Americans are named Chata and Chella and Chemma
And have a son-in-law named Jeff

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Americans don't like to get up early in the morning
But they have to so they do it real slow

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Americans love education so they go to night school
And they take Spanish and get a B

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Americans love their Nana's and their Nono's and their
Nina's and their Nino's nano nano nina nono!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Americans don't like to go to the movies where the
Dude has to wear contact lenses to make his blue eyes brown

hamster_style
Nov 24, 2004
neenjah!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Americans don't like to get up early in the morning
But they have to so they do it real slow

Respect

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

fart speech

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

free speech is another cool thing Americans do, buddy

you weren't even participating, shuit up

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i now understand why AIT would close his threads so frequently

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Americans have no accent. everyone else has one.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Go fishin in the dark

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
strip mall karate dojos where 52 year-old obese "sensei" sell nunchucks to 10 year olds

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

HallelujahLee posted:

you might be an imbecile op

cool things the us did apartheid slavery genocide yes yes very diverse now very good
again, the very real apartheid and slavery and genocide is not what made the US "diverse now"

please do not be stupid on purpose.

Weka posted:

That's self reported, right?
i dont know; you're the one who posted the link.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

poo poo up your thread with a dumb argument

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

america is a melting pot.
that's one of the few cool things! we're talking about it, baby!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

post more cool things don't bicker, no bickering is allowed

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

TenementFunster posted:

i dont know; you're the one who posted the link.

American's love to make their census data really opaque.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Americans love their Nana's and their Nono's and their
Nina's and their Nino's nano nano nina nono!

Now I understand Mork and Mindy was about a European immigrant.

i now understand why AIT would close his threads so frequently

He tells people to shut up too much so nobody listens so he has to resort to the cowards way, moderation. Another thing cool about Americans is they love to tell people to shut up in many different ways.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

American's love to make their census data really opaque.
the US census is one of the world’s most comprehensive. the only tricky part is it differentiates between white vs white (non-hispanic). once you are aware of that single issue, it is very informative. next time, try reading the links you post.

the US is much more diverse than australia.

Weka
May 5, 2019

One cool thing Americans do is not admit they are wrong when presented with direct evidence.

TenementFunster posted:

the US census is one of the world’s most comprehensive. the only tricky part is it differentiates between white vs white (non-hispanic). once you are aware of that single issue, it is very informative. next time, try reading the links you post.

the US is much more diverse than australia.

My problem is just that I don't know how the figures were arrived at. I can tell you how they got ethnicity figures for my country without looking it up, they asked them in the census (and probably adjusted it for non-respondents).
Whereas these figures are derived from a whole bunch of sources.

"QuickFacts data are derived from: Population Estimates, American Community Survey, Census of Population and Housing, Current Population Survey, Small Area Health Insurance Estimates, Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates, State and County Housing Unit Estimates, County Business Patterns, Nonemployer Statistics, Economic Census, Survey of Business Owners, Building Permits."

Weka
May 5, 2019

Weka
May 5, 2019

Also I theorize Americans gave Australians the word "bogan" in the movie Gator.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

TenementFunster posted:

“White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent 59.3%”

what is the hispanic and latino population of australia?

e:

slavery explains the ~15-20% black population we’ve had since basically forever. the populations of almost every other non-white ethnic group took off only after the 1965 change to immigration law.
um what about the Mexicans who became Californians and Texans?

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

One cool thing Americans do is not admit they are wrong when presented with direct evidence.

My problem is just that I don't know how the figures were arrived at. I can tell you how they got ethnicity figures for my country without looking it up, they asked them in the census (and probably adjusted it for non-respondents).
Whereas these figures are derived from a whole bunch of sources.

"QuickFacts data are derived from: Population Estimates, American Community Survey, Census of Population and Housing, Current Population Survey, Small Area Health Insurance Estimates, Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates, State and County Housing Unit Estimates, County Business Patterns, Nonemployer Statistics, Economic Census, Survey of Business Owners, Building Permits."
lmao you’re getting mad at the link you posted. don’t get tilted at me because it says i’m right.

Weka
May 5, 2019

TenementFunster posted:

Australia is much whiter than the US,

Do you think this is right still?

Not only am I not a Euro, but I think truck nuts are cool. They're funny! It's balls on a car, what's not to like? I did pick a non-American truck though, just so there was no confusion. I also genuinely like mullets, they're pretty fashionable in certain circles around here.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Weka posted:

I also genuinely like mullets, they're pretty fashionable in certain circles around here.

That haircut named after a French guy and beloved by Australians, what could be more American

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ugh it’s so true, I’d enlist tomorrow if we declared war on the UK

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Ugh it’s so true, I’d enlist tomorrow if we declared war on the UK

hmm has never considered that, throw in Australia and New Zealand too and I'd enlist too.

After that we can surround Canada in a three way pincer movement.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

Do you think this is right still?
based on the statistics you posted - yes, the US is much more diverse than Australia.

Weka
May 5, 2019

TenementFunster posted:

based on the statistics you posted - yes, the US is much more diverse than Australia.

Specifically, less white?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

Specifically, less white?
post some more statistics lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

You can just admit you were wrong and that Australia and the USA are about as white as each other. It's OK to be wrong, it happens to all of us. Alternatively, if you think that's not true, you have internalized America's particular brand of white supremacy. The fact you refuse to answer the question makes me think it's the later but maybe you just really hate to admit you were wrong about things.

Anyway, sorry Pepe, I'm going to drop it, it's a particular bugbear of mine. Have another thing Americans do that's cool.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

You can just admit you were wrong and that Australia and the USA are about as white as each other.
nah. remember when you posted this?

Weka posted:

"White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent 59.3%"
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045221

Now the Australian census doesn't collect useful race data but this study says 76% have a European background.
https://humanrights.gov.au/sites/default/files/document/publication/Leading%20for%20Change_Blueprint2018_FINAL_Web.pdf
76 is bigger than 59.3. plus, many estimates, say australia is nearly 90% white

the US is far more diverse than Australia. it isn't even close.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Wonder if there's any historical reason why there's a high proportion of black people in America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

Wonder if there's any historical reason why there's a high proportion of black people in America.

the babes were brought here to serve my interests specifically via time travel.