Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Loucks posted:

Freedom to kill anyone (not white) u want as long as it’s done with a gun and you aren't filmed doing it so you can just say it was "self defense"
:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
probably the unironic coolest thing we have going for us was the unintended effect of birthright citizenship in the 14th Amendment and intended effect of replacing the obviously mega-racist National Origins Formula with the Hart–Celler Act. the chuds would never let either happen today.

virtually every other country is a jarringly bland ethnostate in comparison to any american city

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

HallelujahLee posted:

im pretty sure theres minorities in other countries
what a dumb thing to type. the US has significantly more and larger groups of a wide array of people. the UK and Spain are among the least homogenous nations in Europe, and they are still 82% and 84% white. the US has vastly more ethnic diversity, and compared to Japan, Korea, and Scandinavia? Complete ownage.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

Oh so Spanish people are white now? But not in the Americas?
Ask them; they will tell you.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

HallelujahLee posted:

how does this negate anything i said
again, what a dumb thing to type

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

America is so diverse because of all the genocide. Other countries are usually populated by the original inhabitants.
no, it’s because of birthright citizenship and LBJ-era immigration laws. Australia is much whiter than the US, for instance, because they did the genocide + apartheid without the other two things.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
“White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent 59.3%”

what is the hispanic and latino population of australia?

e:

mawarannahr posted:

what about slavery
slavery explains the ~15-20% black population we’ve had since basically forever. the populations of almost every other non-white ethnic group took off only after the 1965 change to immigration law.

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 11:14 on Jan 27, 2023

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

HallelujahLee posted:

you might be an imbecile op

cool things the us did apartheid slavery genocide yes yes very diverse now very good
again, the very real apartheid and slavery and genocide is not what made the US "diverse now"

please do not be stupid on purpose.

Weka posted:

That's self reported, right?
i dont know; you're the one who posted the link.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

america is a melting pot.
that's one of the few cool things! we're talking about it, baby!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

American's love to make their census data really opaque.
the US census is one of the world’s most comprehensive. the only tricky part is it differentiates between white vs white (non-hispanic). once you are aware of that single issue, it is very informative. next time, try reading the links you post.

the US is much more diverse than australia.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

One cool thing Americans do is not admit they are wrong when presented with direct evidence.

My problem is just that I don't know how the figures were arrived at. I can tell you how they got ethnicity figures for my country without looking it up, they asked them in the census (and probably adjusted it for non-respondents).
Whereas these figures are derived from a whole bunch of sources.

"QuickFacts data are derived from: Population Estimates, American Community Survey, Census of Population and Housing, Current Population Survey, Small Area Health Insurance Estimates, Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates, State and County Housing Unit Estimates, County Business Patterns, Nonemployer Statistics, Economic Census, Survey of Business Owners, Building Permits."
lmao you’re getting mad at the link you posted. don’t get tilted at me because it says i’m right.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

Do you think this is right still?
based on the statistics you posted - yes, the US is much more diverse than Australia.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

Specifically, less white?
post some more statistics lol

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

You can just admit you were wrong and that Australia and the USA are about as white as each other.
nah. remember when you posted this?

Weka posted:

"White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent 59.3%"
https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045221

Now the Australian census doesn't collect useful race data but this study says 76% have a European background.
https://humanrights.gov.au/sites/default/files/document/publication/Leading%20for%20Change_Blueprint2018_FINAL_Web.pdf
76 is bigger than 59.3. plus, many estimates, say australia is nearly 90% white

the US is far more diverse than Australia. it isn't even close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Weka posted:

One hosed up thing Americans do is parse everything in terms of the potential for violence.
every society does this. the key difference is in the US, we’ll all be forced do the thing with the highest potential for violence so long as powerful people get richer.