Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Would like to help Nighthand refresh/reinvigorate our online moneymaking thread.

Would be great if people can contribute any new sites or ways to make money on the side. Or even things that could grow into something more.

A lot of the old sites or hacks have died off, or at least become extremely challenging grinds. However, in the past we have had discussions about all sorts of opportunities that made goons a ton of money. I'm sure there has to be new stuff out there.

Baddog fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Self publishing and blogging threads were definitely goon success stories, but the market seems to have gotten saturated.

I think there was a guide to dropshipping around somewhere, but again, has been driven into the ground (please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Probably want to separate out speculation/market stuff for Nighthand's thread and concentrate more on "if you put in the effort, you will get paid" opportunities. Although I do like anything that has a market I can trade in! And we can talk about those here as well. I was a huge fan of predictit (big thread for it in CSPAM of all places - since it was mostly political markets), but it is probably getting shut down in a month. I managed to *almost* breakeven with prosper way back, but unless it has gotten *much* better I wouldn't recommend it at all. I'm currently trading on masterworks, but there is a big (amusing) article here that indicates they are in trouble. https://www.artnews.com/list/art-news/news/what-is-masterworks-fractional-art-finance-company-1234651524/

Baddog fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 7, 2023

Baddog
May 12, 2001

pmchem posted:

anyone know someone who has 2+ full-time WFH jobs and is just making it work, with or without knowledge by the employers?

Man, it seems like the well is dry even for "picking up 5 bucks on the side while I'm stuck on this conference call"!

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Strong Sauce posted:

honestly surprised you got into any kind of fractional market stuff. it all seems so scammy.

Man, I played on full tilt! But there is actually legit vc money behind these guys, and more importantly, SEC filings on every artwork which you can look up.

I am on a first name basis with their support folks though! It is indeed a bit wild west. Please, no one dump 50k into a banksy and then yell at me if the site goes bankrupt next month. Also, it complicates the poo poo out of your taxes. A k1 for each painting, and they were very late last year.