Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Tits down, Jags up
That's the way the AFC South ruins this rhyme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
How things change! The Jaguars go from being as laughable as the Texans to a winning record and a divisional crown in the span of a year!
:lol: Tits, eat poo poo forever.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

How things change! The Jaguars go from being as laughable to the Texans to a winning record and a divisional crown in the span of a year!
:lol: Tits, eat poo poo forever.

They're still laughable.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They're still laughable.
Funny way to talk about the team the Chargers are going to choke against.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Funny way to talk about the team the Chargers are going to choke against.

But I'm a Niners fan :confused:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Those Jags sure are the cat's meow.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1611939047836094466

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Josh Dobbs is bad

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1611939047836094466

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Too many injuries to overcome, understandable loss. Tannehill doesn’t throw that pick or eat it on that strip sack either tbh but that’s the way it goes!

Team needs to revamp a lot, the roster is about to cave in on itself. The young talent has largely not been panning out from the 2020 and 2021 class. Time to cut bait on a lot of the expensive dudes so we aren’t hamstrung 😎 like this again when all the old expensive dudes get hurt and we’re stuck starting an offensive line of :

Guy acquired for 5th round pick
UDFA
UDFA
UDFA
3rd round pick

On your offensive line

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

What the...

It's because Jacksonville is mainly in Duval county?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I honestly thought the Tits had the Jaguars by the balls if they just kept running.

You have a guy who looks like an npc from Oblivion as the QB and you aren't going to run Henry and continue to bleed clock even if you have to punt the Jags offense is shook. That fumble for the TD was an elimination worthy play.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Someone let Jason Mendoza know that down on Earth the Jaguars are relevant.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mike Vrabel's dick is safe to gently caress another day

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Someone let Jason Mendoza know that down on Earth the Jaguars are relevant.

Let the Molotov cocktails of celebration be tossed

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean Tits lost half their team and their QB, hard to do anything when that happens.

Jags are... a bad kind of fun, and I'm a bit annoyed we're getting Lawrence vs Herbert in week 1 of the playoffs, but oh well, at least it means one of them is advancing.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Jags Jags JAgs!!

Thank you Jags for providing at least one Cinderella story this season instead of making me suffer through another uninspiring post season with the same characters

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They're still laughable.

Laughing all the way to the Super Bowl

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

I honestly thought the Tits had the Jaguars by the balls if they just kept running.

You have a guy who looks like an npc from Oblivion as the QB and you aren't going to run Henry and continue to bleed clock even if you have to punt the Jags offense is shook. That fumble for the TD was an elimination worthy play.
Todd Downing should be fired yesterday, yes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

pasaluki posted:

I think they were trying, they were just getting knocked out of it.

like that one holding call that wiped out a gigantic Henry run (it also sprang him on that run, but hey).

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The age difference between the afc playoff QBs and the NFC playoff QBs is staggering.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I’m loving dead

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I'm currently trying to lower my blood pressure via copious amounts of liquor.

The Cardiac Cats are back baby.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The age difference between the afc playoff QBs and the NFC playoff QBs is staggering.

Seriously lol

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Edit: read this wrong so my post didn't make sense

MD2020 fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jan 8, 2023

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The Titans did run the ball a lot, and they were getting stuffed a lot. You can’t pretend they were running over the Jags and that it would’ve been an easy call to keep running.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

rjmccall posted:

The Titans did run the ball a lot, and they were getting stuffed a lot. You can’t pretend they were running over the Jags and that it would’ve been an easy call to keep running.

It's an easy call to keep running when you have a human Mack Truck at RB

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bellmaker posted:

It's an easy call to keep running when you have a human Mack Truck at RB

They ran Henry 30 times out of 72 plays. He averaged 3.6 ypc. On 14 attempts in the second half he had 2.7 ypc. He was getting stopped in the backfield or at the line a lot.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Henry in 2022 is not the invincible juggernaut that he was the past few years. Blame the Titans line or just him getting older (or both) but he can't operate as the only weapon they have anymore.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

OR maybe everyone on the planet knew they were going to rely on Henry because they had a hairless jugs machine at QB? Perhaps?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

BrownThunder posted:

OR maybe everyone on the planet knew they were going to rely on Henry because they had a hairless jugs machine at QB? Perhaps?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

pasaluki posted:

Henry got 30 carries. Do you want every play to be a run or something

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

:hai: It is the only honorable path

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Uh yeah when you have a prehistoric offense like Tennessee that aspires to the sophistication of cave drawings it is best to stick with the basics.

That was a game defined by mistakes and fuckups. Jacksonville had messed up a lot including that fumble on the trick play and had missed on a wide open TD to Zay Jones. The Titans really were controlling the clock and the flow of the game and all the pressure was on Jacksonville to drive and score. Even if Henry sucked he's 99% is going to result in a punt from that guy with a giant leg.

But you put the game for the right to go to the playoffs on the calibur of player who was doing well not to get doo doo on his jersey before putting it on and that ends up being the defining play of the game. In summation bow to the Jacksonville Jaguars:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The titans could have run the ball even more I guess but it was already comically rote. They ran on every. Single. First. Down. And the Jags stacked the box and not even Henry could do much about it when he’s running into like 9 guys who stone cold know he’s coming.

I thought Dobbs looked surprisingly good. He made some really nice throws for a dude who has hardly ever had played with first team offenses. But he is just too slow processing things and it killed them in the end. I would still rather have him as my backup than Peterman or Glennon or other idiots who might play this week.

I’m glad the Jags won though, let’s get a cool team in the playoffs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/thejasonkirk/status/1611940744201224193

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Henry in 2022 is not the invincible juggernaut that he was the past few years. Blame the Titans line or just him getting older (or both) but he can't operate as the only weapon they have anymore.

If the titans actually believe this, I think there are 30 other teams who would be happy to take him off their hands.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1611951090169266176

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They ran Henry 30 times out of 72 plays. He averaged 3.6 ypc. On 14 attempts in the second half he had 2.7 ypc. He was getting stopped in the backfield or at the line a lot.

Tennessee’s offensive line is awful. Dennis Daley is a turnstile and should be on the street with Todd Downing tomorrow.

Dobbs didn’t play well, but nobody could play well behind that lovely line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Their first down play calls were like 24 Henry runs and 4 passes lol. There’s a ton of issues on this offense, not just the OC, but he definitely needs to go. The titans had the lowest average points scored in the second half this season, that’s on Downing even with the personnel issues.

Overall the team was supposed to take a step back and they did, clearly. It is a testament to the defense and our head coach that we were in it for a playoff chance at the end of the year even with the obviously horrific losing streak.