Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Give Baltimore or Pittsburg another team lmao

https://twitter.com/BernieKosarQB/status/1612119072606457856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Give Baltimore or Pittsburg another team lmao

His immediate tweet before it is that he had just placed 19K on the Browns, lol if that's what got him fired.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
That’s actually a league-wide requirement:

Gambling Policy for NFL Personnel 2018 posted:

1. DEFINITIONS
NFL Personnel – Unless otherwise limited, this Policy applies to all full- and part-time Club and League personnel including League office employees, players, owners, coaches, athletic trainers, game officials, security personnel, consultants, Club employees, game-day stadium personnel and other staff.

2. GAMBLING ACTIVITIES
All NFL Personnel are prohibited from placing, soliciting, or facilitating any bet, whether directly or indirectly through a third-party, on any NFL game, practice or other event. This includes betting on game outcome, statistics, score, performance of any individual participant, or any other kind of “proposition bet” on which wagering is offered.

Kinda silly for it to apply to hype guys, but there it is.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I stand by my statement

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Refs rigged game to give it to the Steelers but gently caress Watson and the Browns anyway.

AFCN supremecy.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

NFC South shouldn't have a playoff team next year.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

kazil posted:

NFC South shouldn't have a playoff team next year.

It's only fair

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Lol. The Vikings first game ended in a comfortable win against a division rival. Their last game ended in a comfortable win against a division rival. Everything in between was chaos or disaster.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Did the Texans just 2 pt their way out of the #1 pick?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Props to Houston for putting winning and finishing strong ahead of a draft pick. They won 2 of their last 3 games to lose that pick. Impressive un-tanking.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Big dick energy by Lovie Smith, casually giving away the #1 pick by beating the Jeff Saturday Colts.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Josh McDaniels is the only coach who lost to Jeff Saturday

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Good for the Texans :unsmith:

also lol colts

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
No Patriots and no Steelers in the playoffs! Thank you jebus

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Really happy that Tomlin was somehow able to increase his winning streak when it looked hopeless, bummed at no playoffs, but hey fire Canada and draft well Steelers could be in good position next year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tom Brady finally has a losing record in a full season

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Chris James 2 posted:

Tom Brady finally has a losing record in a full season

Still gonna win a playoff game.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
the browns aren't fun to root for and deserve to lose every game

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 8, 2023

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

bears should trade fields to baltimore for a ransom and draft a qb

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Fire everyone.

Draft someone.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
So I'm waiting for the Rams game and for places to update their stats, but Baker Mayfield was statistically better than Deshaun Watson through last week. This wasn't a particularly good game, but it better than his averages thus far, so it will slightly raise Watson's per game stats.

This is extra funny because Baker's season overall has been pretty terrible. I think it gets worse if I only counted their last 6 games or only games since Watson came back from suspension.

Browns traded their future and all possible good will for a terrible player on and off the field who at best slightly outperformed the guy he replaced.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Silly Burrito posted:

Fire everyone.

Draft someone.

How do the Bears have a .572 SOS? That is significantly higher than every other team

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
AFC playoffs are locked in.

1) Chiefs - BYE

7) Dolphins @ 2) Bills

6) Ravens @ 3) Bengals

5) Chargers @ 4) Jaguars

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Congratulations to the Miami Dolphins for making the playoffs with your 3rd string QB.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How do the Bears have a .572 SOS? That is significantly higher than every other team

I think they played the AFC east. Also 2x Vikings, Packers, Lions and the 49ers. That's 11 games against mostly good teams.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mega64 posted:

1) Chiefs - BYE

7) Dolphins @ 2) Bills

6) Ravens @ 3) Bengals

5) Chargers @ 4) Jaguars

Ugh bengals/ravens again?

Gonna avoid that poo poo.

Chargers/Jags should be fun

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Posting date:

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1577436072501719040

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mega64 posted:

1) Chiefs - BYE

7) Dolphins @ 2) Bills

6) Ravens @ 3) Bengals

5) Chargers @ 4) Jaguars

Bengals looked like rear end today. Should still win next week. Even if Lamar came back he'd be way too rusty. Still, don't expect the Bengals to make much noise in the playoffs.

Bills and Chargers look interesting.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

NFC North played the NFC East and AFC East. That’s twelve teams, of which I think the Bears were the only one that wasn’t still in playoff contention in December.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wonder if Tua will be back. Wonder if any of the injured dudes will be back. Make a game of it in Buffalo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Will there somehow be a game worse then Bills - Dolphins to occupy that Early Saturday slot?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Bengals looked like rear end today. Should still win next week. Even if Lamar came back he'd be way too rusty. Still, don't expect the Bengals to make much noise in the playoffs.

Can't wait for our heartbreaking playoff loss to the Bengals in Buffalo.

I'll be okay with it as long as they dumpster the Chiefs again.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://twitter.com/RCat79/status/1612195035034058755?s=20&t=_bGQhaNKIHB7_K2C4JqVEA

Wow. Not usually something you’d expect from Pittsburgh.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

It looked like he realized what he was doing and stopped abruptly lol

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Hard to imagine from the classy organization that brought us Hines Ward, James Harrison, and Ben Roethlisberger.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BKubena/status/1612199208081100800

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean, the Bears at least have to evaluate Young/Stroud to see if they like them better, right? It’s not a no-brainer imo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Should they not trade it away this will be the first time the Bears make the #1 overall pick since 1947.

They used it on some guy named Bob Fenimore who was a halfback and I assume defensive back? Maybe linebacker. He would play 10 total NFL games due to injuries that the Bears probably should have known about before taking him.

quote:

Robert Dale Fenimore (October 6, 1925 – July 28, 2010) known as the Blonde Bomber or Blonde Blizard was a halfback for the Oklahoma A&M football team from 1943 to 1946.

The Bears would make this #1 pick coming off of winning the Championship because for a while the NFL had a straight up draft lottery with no odds for determining the order. Fenimore would quit football both for injuries but also to sell insurance because he could make more money doing that.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah we straight up might have won today if we hadn't turned it over four times. I think the Bengals will be a little more serious next week though. Lamar might be rusty, but never know what kind of magic is inside a guy in a contract situation in the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I mean, the Bears at least have to evaluate Young/Stroud to see if they like them better, right? It’s not a no-brainer imo.

Even if they only like them slightly better You trade that pick. They would have to be sure they are like the next coming of Pat Mahomes to not trade that pick.

The Bears at the very least have holes at enough positions that even if Fields isn't "The Guy™" you give him a shot next year with more around him, and if he doesn't improve then you will probably be bad enough to be in position to get a QB next year. And you'd have more Assets™ to use to try and improve the nest for a young QB.