Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ravens have a 50% chance with huntley, and a 58% chance with lamar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

BrownThunder posted:

OR maybe everyone on the planet knew they were going to rely on Henry because they had a hairless jugs machine at QB? Perhaps?

do jugs machines normally have hair?

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
It was truly heartwarming to see the Broncos and Chargers players come together in friendship in the pregame for Damar.

AFC West solidarity :3:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rust or not this DeShaun Watson contract has the potential to be franchise crippling. He was real bad.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Moo/status/1612210458466914306

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

It's because he lost his rear end on crypto lol

He's right.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
On reflection, I guess this post belongs here a bit more:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1612209228847976448

That is apparently inclusive of, like, the pre-merger era.

That was one hell of a performance, especially the second run. I almost wonder if ground kicks are going to be a Thing against the Bills in the playoffs, just to avoid this exact threat.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Cavauro posted:

Ravens have a 50% chance with huntley, and a 58% chance with lamar.

dep[ends on if the bengals offense decides to look as anemic next week as it did today. some real putrid stuff that i dont expect them to pull two weeks in a row

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Borsche69 posted:

dep[ends on if the bengals offense decides to look as anemic next week as it did today. some real putrid stuff that i dont expect them to pull two weeks in a row

They were on fire last week.

Joe missed three touchdowns and tee had a drop that would have been a touchdown. That was probably Joe's worst game since Cleveland. Better to have the stinker this week than next.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/haydenwinks/status/1612216486688616448?s=46&t=4-gxRbtKP8W1tWrWESgOwQ

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

There's the Chargers I know and acknowledge as existing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Homestar Runner posted:

It was truly heartwarming to see the Broncos and Chargers players come together in friendship in the pregame for Damar.

AFC West solidarity :3:

Russ and Derwin out there on one knee got to me a little bit

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Chargers Dolphins AFC Championship game is going to be fun

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

TheBizzness posted:

Chargers Jags Dolphins AFC Championship game is going to be fun

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Get that division champ BS outta here!!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Diva Cupcake posted:

Rust or not this DeShaun Watson contract has the potential to be franchise crippling. He was real bad.

I'm glad of it and I hope he gets worse and the Browns turn into a literal, physical toilet

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Diva Cupcake posted:

This is the point I was trying to make earlier. He's not been good for the Browns. To the point where he kinda looks like a push vs Baker at this point, which is not a compliment.

Like even if it's rust, he needs to be elite to justify the trade and contract and right now he's not even registering as a quality starter.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

. wrong thread

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

wilderthanmild posted:

This is the point I was trying to make earlier. He's not been good for the Browns. To the point where he kinda looks like a push vs Baker at this point, which is not a compliment.

Like even if it's rust, he needs to be elite to justify the trade and contract and right now he's not even registering as a quality starter.

It'd be hilarious if the Stafford trade ruined three franchises.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Tricky Ed posted:

Who’re the other 2?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Doltos posted:

No ones roster looks as gutted as the Bears and they're starting rookies everywhere. If they're not absolutely awful I'd be surprised.

Dexo posted:

lmao the Bears won 6 games with pretty much the same roster, as Both Allen Robinson and Mack didn't really do anything last year(seriously check their production)

Only real defensive loss is Hicks, but he was also hurt last year.

They've almost assuredly got a better offensive scheme.

Bears I'm betting are a 5-7 win team again.

They always find a way to win 5 or so games.

I would be shocked, honestly kinda pleasantly, if they are worst team in the league material. Especially considering what the gently caress I've seen of the Seahawks, who are in a much tougher division.

I keep receipts :)

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Who’re the other 2?

Green Bay and Denver presumably. All three teams went all in on long, huge guaranteed money QB contracts thinking they had a super bowl window open like when Stafford went to the Rams. They're all stuck for at least 3 or 4 years and Green Bay is the only one that *might* be ok (pending tonight's game)

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 9, 2023

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Rogue Elephant posted:

Green Bay and Denver presumably. All three teams went all in on long QB contracts thinking they had a super bowl window open like when Stafford when to the Rams. They're all stuck for at least 3 or 4 years and Green Bay is the only one that *might* be ok (pending tonight's game)

So of thee “ruined” franchises one of them won a Super Bowl last year and the other is in position to make the playoffs? The horror.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the Packers are fine either Rodgers returns and they take the improved team into the next season, or Rodgers goes away and they deal with a big hit for like a year

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Tampa Bay rested everyone with a pulse, but there were positives for Atlanta at the end of the year. Desmond Ridder looks functional as a QB. Tyler Allgeier eclipsed 1,000 rushing yards, something I didn't think was possible for anyone on the Falcons. If my math is right, he's the first since Devonta Fereman in 2016.

Drake London looked good and it'll be great to have Kyle Pitts to help out next year. The Falcons still need a functional 3rd WR. I don't think Zaccheus is it and it's certainly not Damiere Byrd. Bless him, Corrdarrelle Patterson looks about cooked. He's good for a nice play or two per game, but he hasn't contributed all that much in the 2nd half.

OL did much better this year, but Kaleb McGary needs to be hauled out with the trash.

Better LBs are needed. The secondary has been slightly less of a disaster.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

So of thee “ruined” franchises one of them won a Super Bowl last year and the other is in position to make the playoffs? The horror.

No I think the 3 potentially ruined franchises are Cleveland, Denver and Green Bay. Rams got their ring and they had some very bad injury luck this year.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Rogue Elephant posted:

Green Bay and Denver presumably. All three teams went all in on long, huge guaranteed money QB contracts thinking they had a super bowl window open like when Stafford when to the Rams. They're all stuck for at least 3 or 4 years and Green Bay is the only one that *might* be ok (pending tonight's game)

GB's situation doesn't get better with time, either. That Rodgers contract is a hideous beast of a thing. They're going to have to pray to God he holds up for its duration, because they're going to be relying heavily on rookie and low-cost talent as that cap hit gets bigger.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
e: wrong thread

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1612232159322083329

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
The Dolphins season has been a mysterious act of God's love and I'm in terror of what next week will bring.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'm optimistic about the Steelers' future. Tomlin is still an HOF coach, Pickett improved and seems like he'll improve further with starter reps in the off-season, Pickens is a magician. Everyone else continued to step up throughout the season. Playoffs woulda been nice, but hard to be unhappy with the end of the season considering the beginning.

gently caress Tom Brady.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I wish Deshaun Watson all the worst, but I do enjoy how much he appears to have fleeced the Haslams, who also deserve all the worst.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Tricky Ed posted:

It would be apt because during the offseason every pro-Watson Browns fan I know spent the whole time telling me how the Rams just won a superbowl doing this lol.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SayreBedinger/status/1612228783888637954

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1612233921315356672

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

SpaceDrake posted:

On reflection, I guess this post belongs here a bit more:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1612209228847976448

That is apparently inclusive of, like, the pre-merger era.

That was one hell of a performance, especially the second run. I almost wonder if ground kicks are going to be a Thing against the Bills in the playoffs, just to avoid this exact threat.

I mean, teams with a functional kicker will just send it through the end zone for a touchback.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

What a turnaround for the Niners. 3-4 after getting shithoused by the Chiefs, and then we haven't lost a game since.

Godspeed JJ Watt.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Staley should absolutely be fired

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Baker Mayfield is hot trash.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Sean Payton, come on down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

bad news